Frey AM1000 vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScooterMan101 said:
Any links to where these steel , cassette freehub bodies , can be bought ?

Do they come complete with the paws , and can be put on any hub that uses a shimano/sram cassette freehub body ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263803518473

Fits only Swiss DT- hubs. DT uses completely different type of freehub.

Below the completely different design of DT’s ratchets. Works more like the clutch of a car.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT-Swiss/Superlight-36t-Upgrade-Kit-for-Ratchet-System-Hubs-2019-Model-p67552/

Good link, thanks ( although only good for DT Swiss hubs )

Also I have Mavic wheelset that I perhaps would like to put on a XD Driver onto .
Meaning taking off the regular cassette freehub body that works with most all shimano and sram and sunrace cassettes , and replacing it with a XD driver .
If anyone has done this with Mavic wheels/Hubs please let us know where to buy the XD Driver.

ScooterMan101 said:
Good link, thanks ( although only good for DT Swiss hubs )

Also I have Mavic wheelset that I perhaps would like to put on a XD Driver onto .
Meaning taking off the regular cassette freehub body that works with most all shimano and sram and sunrace cassettes , and replacing it with a XD driver .
If anyone has done this with Mavic wheels/Hubs please let us know where to buy the XD Driver.

I don’t know if there is such replacements available. Anyway you would need to change both rear mech and shifter as well. There aren’t any 10-speed XD-cassettes available. You can’t install a 11-speed cassette to a 10-speed gear system. The length of pull is different.

True, I would not go with an 11 speed system anyway, ( I am using 9 speed on my mid drive now)

In the Future when I would switch over, after all my 9 speed drive train needs replacement , to the new Sram Eagle 12 speed , even the lower priced version is said to be much better for electric bikes .
I have the 12 speed Eagle shifter now And where I live a used derailleur/rear mech is easy to find .

But on the other hand , if I cannot use a XD Driver. Then one of the newer 8 speed cassettes that go up to 42 or so tooth could be a good option as well ( Like Box Components 8 speed cassette ) . as long as I also buy a Steel Freehub Body .

BTW if your name imply's that you are in Finland, Should you and / or any one you know want to come to California in the winter time to get into to some better weather let me know in a PM. California winters are very mild. I have been wanting to meet up with Northern Europeans/Scandinavian's who want to get away from the harsh winters for a few weeks or a month or so .
Like I did when I lived in Sweden for the Summer years ago.

Sram Eagle NX is the lower priced of the Eagle Groupsets , and is said to work with well with E-Bikes.

Perhaps the Eagle NX groupset is what Frey should be delivering with their bikes instead of the 11 speed components .

Frey are you listening ?

ScooterMan101 said:
Sram Eagle NX is the lower priced of the Eagle Groupsets , and is said to work with well with E-Bikes.

Perhaps the Eagle NX groupset is what Frey should be delivering with their bikes instead of the 11 speed components .

Frey are you listening ?

What might work well with 250W ebikes might not work so well with 1500W.

10-speed KMC extra strong ebike chain is 35€ and new SunRace/Shimano 10-speed 11-42t are 30-35€ a piece.

IMO you can’t beat that combo in price-durability axis...

My AM1000 v5 purchased in April 2019 just went past 2000 miles. The only street use is the little required to get to greenways and trails and most of the miles are mountain bike specific, single track in the Appalachian mountains of western North Carolina. The bike has performed without fail and the only things I've worn out are two sets of brake pads.

Typical XC trail using Eco3 PAS:... (change video setting to 1080 if if plays at low res)
[youtube]jdci_5sXVMc[/youtube]

ScooterMan101 said:
Frey are you listening ?
I checked with Ivy, they are quite busy at the moment, she asks if you can please mail your suggestions to sales@frey.bike so she can reply you directly.

Richard N said:
It's a shame the other thread is locked.
To me, that's like tossing out the baby with the bathwater. Deal with the people that are causing the problem.
Now all of that information is going to sink to the bottom of the forum never to be seen again. What a waste, the mods should have dealt with this.

:x :x :x

I also think that the mods should unlock the original thread. How can they allow 1 person to cause a 70+ page thread to be shut down. It is like punishing the entire group because they did not want to deal with the problem.
Such a shame!

bugnut said:
It is like punishing the entire group because they did not want to deal with the problem.
Such a shame!

Same thoughts here!

Also any statement why, nope just plain lock it?!

leedavis said:
My AM1000 v5 purchased in April 2019 just went past 2000 miles. The only street use is the little required to get to greenways and trails and most of the miles are mountain bike specific, single track in the Appalachian mountains of western North Carolina. The bike has performed without fail and the only things I've worn out are two sets of brake pads.

Typical XC trail using Eco3 PAS:... (change video setting to 1080 if if plays at low res)
[youtube]jdci_5sXVMc[/youtube]

Looks like a great trail system.

Tom

Actually, it was the OP who caused the original thread to get locked. He created a whole series of dupe accounts with fake complaints about broken hubs.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Attachments

• 513EF01F-0C52-4074-BA9B-A23A15FF6F6C.jpeg
    513EF01F-0C52-4074-BA9B-A23A15FF6F6C.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,699
Nice picture FlyingFinn! :thumb:
Happy New year too.

btw, the novatec hubs flyingfinn claimed were poor quality are actually very high quality; they make hubs for a number of other high quality brands as well.

It's shameful that he not only attempted to scam Frey after they refunded him, but he created multiple dupe accounts with false accusations. Troll!

formula101 said:
btw, the novatec hubs flyingfinn claimed were poor quality are actually very high quality; they make hubs for a number of other high quality brands as well.

It's shameful that he not only attempted to scam Frey after they refunded him, but he created multiple dupe accounts with false accusations. Troll!

Keep it up my love😘 Feels so good❤️❤️❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back