Storm Bee electric dirt bike

You beat me on posting this. Need to search for Boom bee, not Storm bee.

Found it - $5390 with $1300 shipping to the US. Total of $6690. Looks like 10% discount if bought before January 15, 2020. Sales start in February, don't know if that means will ship by then or what.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.178f3b7cB5CcoH

H5b8695aa1ddc4d188b131fe55623f0d0D.png_.webp

H5fe97e6ebe974342a4fdb883f902783br.png

looks like a money collector for bigger orders only.

96x70 means nearly 7kwh ....

but look at the description....copied from KTM Freeride E website:

BATTERY

The new SUR RON BOOM BEE features a new PowerPack with increased capacity. Rated at 3.9 kWh, the new battery provides 50 % more capacity than the previous version's 2.6kWh, which makes it capable of powering the lectricbike for up to 1.5 hours of riding fun, depending on the riding style and terrain. Just flip up the seat and loosen four bolts to swap out a depleted 'Power Pack' with a charged unit.

Engine Part is also copied...LOL

https://www.ktm.com/de/e-ride/freeride-e-xc/

i wouldnt send a single penny to this seller.

Jeisute sells the light bee and I think someone here was going to buy from them. Can't vouch for them either legit or not. Just interesting to finally see a price. I emailed them and will update if I get any response.

dirkdiggler said:
Jeisute sells the light bee and I think someone here was going to buy from them. Can't vouch for them either legit or not. Just interesting to finally see a price. I emailed them and will update if I get any response.

I can guarantee that if you buy any SUR RON products from ALIBABA, you will have no official warranty and no support

So, where else can we buy it and get warranty with support? So far no one else has announced anything, not even Luna. As an American buyer, we get absolutely zero warranty anyway. My light bee, had front forks replaced, charger broke and mangled headset in one year. Luna said, oh well, we can sell you replacement parts. Not that my expectations were much higher. I understand it's a Chinese product and mostly know how to fix things myself.
That's my big issue with the boom bee. Surron needs a dealership network with this bike. It's too heavy and big for internet only sales. Also the fact that repairs will be inevitable. I have ten motorcycle dealers in my zip, if my Suzuki breaks, someone will be there. Not going to happen with this. Even Alta had a network. That's why they have to sell cheap, to make up for the unknowns.

Luna states
Also we will support the product from here in the USA getting you any warranty replacement parts you might need shipped direct from California

Don't know what that actually means, but I didn't get any of the above parts under warranty the first year that they broke. Honestly, didn't expect to get anything. I was bummed about the front suspension, as I believe their shipping strapped down like that killed the forks. The battery charger was probably something that would have been taken care of by a larger company than Sur-ron/luna. I would hope the battery and frame would be covered. The rest mostly depends on how hard you ride. I really don't know what kind of warranty you would get from a gas dirt bike either though. You blow the engine in the first year, are they going to trade out your bike? I'd doubt that.

On dirt bikes you have also 3 months warranty on everything.
Since it's a race bike it's mostly the engine.
If your fork isn't bend or scratched from a crash Iam sure you get replacement also "later"
But I don't see the surron as a race bike.
Here in Europe it has license and so you have 2 year warranty even on the battery.

A dead charger have to be replaced with no problem. But that fits on this homeless dumb arse.

Cash cow surron. Selling with no warranty. Great deal.

He has enough experience about the quality of the surron.
He could sell it with insurance and a calculated extra fee and buyers could choose or not to have something like warranty.

I still wonder what the heck his contract is that he is single dealer for whole America.

Here is a huge company for Germany /Switzerland /Austria and you have dealers spread all over the country from first day.

Just noticed that the bike has appeared on an Australian dealer site:
https://voltbike.com.au/product/sur-ron-storm-bee-2020/

12,000 AUD / which would be ~ 8400 USD

Meanwhile the site I thought it'd turn up on (https://www.surronaustralia.com.au) still has no info/price.

Taking the 12k listed price with a huuuuuuge grain of salt, considering it doesn't specify if that's with on-road or off-road specs - incredibly doubtful that they'll have the same price.

dirkdiggler said:

If you pay now you can get the bike for $500 less
So only $4890 plus shipping
I tested the bike before Xmas and can confirm it will not be available in February

boars said:
Just noticed that the bike has appeared on an Australian dealer site:
https://voltbike.com.au/product/sur-ron-storm-bee-2020/

12,000 AUD / which would be ~ 8400 USD

Meanwhile the site I thought it'd turn up on (https://www.surronaustralia.com.au) still has no info/price.

Taking the 12k listed price with a huuuuuuge grain of salt, considering it doesn't specify if that's with on-road or off-road specs - incredibly doubtful that they'll have the same price.

We do not advertise products for sale that are not available.
After recent testing of the Storm bee we have much better knowledge of the product and it’s likely production timeline. There is no point in teasing potential customers unnecessarily

JIESUTE, also in Chongqing, sure seems to have a close relationship with Sur-Ron. They seem one and the same.

For the past 2 years, they have been selling every color and model of the Sur-Ron. They seem like the distributor for all/part of China. And they simply sell on Alibaba as well.

https://jiesute.m.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html
a2706.wapshop.tabChange.cp.6e3d510flHdfpj

Aebrennan said:
If you pay now you can get the bike for $500 less. So only $4890 plus shipping.
Although shipping to US is $1300 ... this seems like the only decent option for US buyers.

After recent testing of the Storm bee we have much better knowledge of the product and it’s likely production timeline. There is no point in teasing potential customers unnecessarily
My big question is pricing, not too worried about time. If the boom bee ends up being $8500 USD, I will pass. The light bee is a great bike and I will buy another for half that. If the price is closer to $4-5k, I'll wait and grab one. Kind of waiting on news of the upgraded light version supposedly on Chinese New year. Would like another bike before spring.

Aebrennan said:
We do not advertise products for sale that are not available.

"We know more" - "no point in teasing" - no further info provided.

But that... that is teasing! :mrgreen:

:lol: Well played. :shock:

AE brennan or DirkDiggler,
Where do you see the $500 off ?
Or the 10% off b4 01/15/20 ?

I added to Order/Cart, but dont see it.

Boom Storm said:

I was messaging Milton Liu from Chongqing Jesuite to see what actual information he had regarding the bike, as I noticed some of the pictures and specs were cut and pasted from a KTM freeride brochure. I forwarded the misleading advertising to Sur-Ron sales/marketing manager who I have dealt with for over 2 years now.
Milton told me that he was selling them for $4850 plus shipping if you order now. He claimed to be delivering in February, but after visiting the factory and testing the bike I now know this is unlikely.

Aebrennan said:
Boom Storm said:

I was messaging Milton Liu from Chongqing Jesuite to see what actual information he had regarding the bike, as I noticed some of the pictures and specs were cut and pasted from a KTM freeride brochure. I forwarded the misleading advertising to Sur-Ron sales/marketing manager who I have dealt with for over 2 years now.
Milton told me that he was selling them for $4850 plus shipping if you order now. He claimed to be delivering in February, but after visiting the factory and testing the bike I now know this is unlikely.

So the reality tells you that JIESUTE is not professional. In fact, JIESUTE is just a small trade company located in Chongqing. They have no factory no inventory no after-sale ,only a bunch of unauthorized photos and misleading advertising for listing products . They just list various products of different brands on the alibaba and wait for orders. If you want to get any news about STORM BEE, please wait for the official voice, not on Alibaba.
Sur Ron officials will work hard to improve dealer network in 2020

Liu,
So JIESUTE is just a middleman, basically ? They make nothing, just buy/re-sell.

Misinformed and maybe very delayed shipping, but at least JIESUTE seems to sell and deliver actual Sur-Ron product. Grey-market though it may be.

AE,
Thanks for the info on the $4890 price.

Liu said:
For the US, Segway will be dealer of the Storm Bee ?

Boom Storm said:
AE,
Thanks for the info on the $4890 price.

Liu said:
For the US, Segway will be dealer of the Storm Bee ?

I have been told that Segway deal is for Light Bee bikes only, but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story....

Back