Your Creation's Before & After Pics

I just got this and I am going to use it as the base for a new build. The batteries in the frame are dead and there seems to be resistance when rolling in the motor. I also found the accessory pack for the rear. Was told the batteries are good and were repaired last year by EBike Market Place but that the BMS seems to be on the outs. I figured I might try to salvage what I have and add a kit from on line. Any suggestions for a kit would be well accepted. I am in Las Vegas, NV. USA.IMG_0392.jpeg

I had the bbshd on a voodoo bike previous to this but the frame snapped at the top tube. I spent about a week searching online trying to find the ideal bike for the bbshd 68mm, this one was on sale at chain reaction for £2000 and although my budget was 500 I thought I would go for it :lol: :lol: If I was gona do it though it had to be clean and in keeping with the bike so I switched out the big dpc18 with an sw01 and removed all the cutouts and throttle. I find the throttle nice but I like the clean look of this just waiting on the Luna mighty mini 30t then i can see how i stand with chainline. Also i had to cutout a bit of the frame to get it in, one of the chain guide mounts. For now the battery will be in my bag but I might 3d print something later.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 8,772
Cbisbaf said:
I had the bbshd on a voodoo bike previous to this but the frame snapped at the top tube. I spent about a week searching online trying to find the ideal bike for the bbshd 68mm, this one was on sale at chain reaction for £2000 and although my budget was 500 I thought I would go for it :lol: :lol: If I was gona do it though it had to be clean and in keeping with the bike so I switched out the big dpc18 with an sw01 and removed all the cutouts and throttle. I find the throttle nice but I like the clean look of this just waiting on the Luna mighty mini 30t then i can see how i stand with chainline. Also i had to cutout a bit of the frame to get it in, one of the chain guide mounts. For now the battery will be in my bag but I might 3d print something later.

That's a really nice job! I have the same bike and would love to convert it! do you know how much you it set you back minus the bike?

ZERONEST said:
Cbisbaf said:

That's a really nice job! I have the same bike and would love to convert it! do you know how much you it set you back minus the bike?

Bbshd: £600
diy battery samsung 30q 14s2p 300wh ish: £90
bms Bluetooth: £20
charger: 15
chain ring shipped: £45
display: £35
total :£805

My Kona Coiler 2005 :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-124213_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-124213_Gallery.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 8,349
  • Screenshot_20191211-194144_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191211-194144_Gallery.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8,349
grizzlyginger said:
moonkagliwicee said:
My Kona Coiler 2005 :)
What did you use to make the battery enclosure?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Polyester resin and fiberglass

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-192651_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-192651_Gallery.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 8,319
  • Screenshot_20191227-192715_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-192715_Gallery.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8,319
It's great to see all of these custom builds.

Here is my little bike shop.

Up on the hook, built my old BBSHD powered 2009 Giant Trance X3 size large this past July, rode it a ton all summer and fall about 800 miles maybe 90/10% on/off-road, loved it. A few extras on it for my taste also. I am about 99% sure that I am going to add a 2nd battery mount under the downtube to double the range (swap the batteries will be a small PITA but less than peddling haha). I'll have 2x the same battery and 3 mounts, so I'll be able to run either a battery on each bike, if sharing, or 2 batts on the big bike if I'm going farther than usual.

Below that I just picked up off of ebay for a 2nd build to enjoy with friends and maybe flip after build, 2009 Giant Trance X4 size medium. It came with a nice dropper seatpost that I just swapped over to the X3 today. The same battery fits in the X4 medium BARELY! Likely go BBSHD again, but maybe hub, undecided. I'm considering upsizing the rotors to the same as the X3 and put more road oriented tires on it, so I could swap the wheels/tires for road rides on the X3 also, which should increase my speed and efficiency for road rides without the downhill tires.

Also in the last week I have added to the blue X3 a nice light weight rear rack, upgraded the rotors to 203/180 from 180/160, and swiped the dropper post from the X4.

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

View attachment 1

Ghetto photoshop showing with the 2nd battery mount I intend to do, which would give me 35Ah @ 52V for pretty awesome range. I've been considering a custom trianglish battery, but I do like the clean look of the bottle mount type and ease of mounting. I still may do a custom battery but within this same case, just buy the battery and rewire it to higher voltage and/or upgrade or delete the BMS along with hack the stock controller.

Nothing too exciting, but this is my daily commuter. It's a Giant Toughroad SLR2.

Mac 8T motor in the rear (from the EM3EV).
Grin Phaserunner
Grin CA V3
Thun torque sensing BB with a rotary pot on the LHS side, under the bars to set the assist level (no separate throttle).
14s x 4p pack with BMS built using the excellent Sixpence spot-welder (Samsung INR 18650 - 3450 mAh)

I swapped from an Infineon controller to the Phaserunner. The difference was surprising. With the Infineon controller you could hear the motor as it spooled up under load. With the Phaserunner, the motor is silent. The tyres are the only thing that you can hear now. With the torque sensing BB and on the fly assist level adjustment, this makes a great ebike.

The battery, BMS, Phaserunner, charge port and ignition switch sit in the cradle that I built. This will now be painted and a frame bag made to cover it all.

ZinO2VE.png

I melted the phase wires on my hub drive after botching a repair with 13amp house cable.
See the smoke on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBoRG2hmnk

My Btwin Rockrider 520 conversion into a fitness ebike with Bafang BBS02B 48V/750W

[youtube]rD6RaiZ2QD0[/youtube]

and my Trek Roscoe 6 ebike build with Tongsheng TSDZ2 48V/500W

[youtube]rjS2OOLTGFU[/youtube]

B4
WeldTable.jpg

Weldtable2.jpg

B4.jpg

After:

After.jpg

Attachments

• Bike1.jpg
    Bike1.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 4,748
  • Donuts.jpg
    Donuts.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 4,747
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 4,748
SlowCo said:
DogDipstick said:

Great build but doesn't the front tire hit the battery box before full compression of the front fork?

I never : Removed spring to check full articulation; Nor: Bottomed out on a big jump, stairs, or fast Whoopdedos, hard Endos. The fork is a 26", tire is 24", so thats 2" extra there.. the frame's travel is designed around 5", ( for the designed 26" wheel, so there is 7")...

EDIT: I JUST checked:... Lol...

And yeah, I lied. I have been bottoming on big jumps. Lol. Dammmit. Time for a harder spring.

bottoming.jpg

Hi guys. Finally got my bike done. Still need to sort out the wires but that’s not to tricky.

It’s a trek fuel x9 2010. 1000w motor. Had to modify the rear axle which I’m going to make a better one at a later date

Attachments

• 43480AEF-6F3E-4E49-8BFC-979ED52AB422.jpeg
    43480AEF-6F3E-4E49-8BFC-979ED52AB422.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 3,744
  • 70D15C31-BFB6-4E61-86BA-88113984F113.jpeg
    70D15C31-BFB6-4E61-86BA-88113984F113.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 3,743
Made my first ebike two years ago and forgot to post it here. Lot of 3d printed parts, everything from thingiverse.
Batteries are running at 36v giving me 24ah, 50km/h top speed. Managed to bike 150km to niagara falls and still had half a charge left but i did pedal with around 50% effort. Building a cyclone 3kw powered bike now.

12 ridgid 18v4ah batteries
6374-192KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
Turnigy SK8-ESC

Attachments

• snap1.jpg
    snap1.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 5,863
  • snap3.jpg
    snap3.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 5,863
  • snap4.jpg
    snap4.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 5,864
Pretty standard BBSHD conversion but I love this bike.

Before
Before.jpg

After with commuting setup
After.jpg

After 2 with trail setup
After2.jpg

Back