electric scooter - moped more top speed

matsh

1 W
Hi guys.
i have a chinese electric moped. stock is max 45 km/h.
60v peak charged acid batterys. in the need for more speed.
i made a new battery pack at 80v peak charged and a new kelly controller KLS7230S.
i have a ton of torque if i go high in the settings. but the top speed is almost the same.. now i have 48-50km/h at top speed.
other electric motors i have worked with is simple. more voltage = more speed. not this hubmotor..
is this for real ? something wrong i have done or is this hubmotor limited at this speed ?
i have checked ewerything and all is correct and working like it should exept the top speed missing.
do i need to buy a new motor to have more speed ?

I just think there's not enough info. Doesn't seem unreasonable the way it is, we'd probably need to know more to say anything meaningful.

What is the actual bike?

Hi.
Here is a link to a shop in poland that sells this model.
https://www.trybeco.com/skutery-elektryczne/libra-1-5/

Sent fra min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk

I'd double check your controller settings, like number of magnets, field weakening if you have that, throttle voltage range, etc. The higher voltage should be making more difference... Or maybe it's looking for a 3 speed switch to be hooked up?

do the kellys have a 3speed switch option?

note that if the power available at the motor isn't much higher, the speed won't be muhc higher either, if it was already at the limit of how fast that power would push it against air resistance/etc.

If the kelly controller isn't set to a high enough current limit, it won't provide enough power to the motor to push you faster even if the motor can handle it.

Its not the power its missing. I now have twice the acceleration than before. Ripps hard from start and stops at 48 - 50 kmh.
If speed was limited by power it should have bwen more Smoooth.
Kontroller has 3 speed option, but this is turned off. Have testet and adjusted max throtle voltage so controller is getting 100% throtle.

Sent fra min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk

That's weird. With this voltage and this wheel diameter, your moped should reach around 75-80 km/h.
I think there is something wrong in the way you've set up your controller.
Please post some screenshots of all the different tabs you see in the controller interface so we can help you diagnose what's going on.

Also, meanwhile, check the very basics:
-Are your brakes set up properly, don't they slow down the wheel while they should not?
-Are your wheel bearings ok?
-Don't you have excessive battery sag (when you reach full speed, what is the battery voltage)?
-Are your tires properly inflated?

I don't think those are the culprit, but I've seen it happen in some very rare cases so that's good to make sure.
My guess would be that you'll have to change the "Max Speed" setting. By default it should be set at 4000rpm, but you can move it way up, I think the actual limit is 15 000rpm.

Back