PV NextGen FOC 100-180v 36kw max - $799

Powervelocity.com said:
The BT is integrated on the board and it's the latest hardware version.

What about those folks who want to use your cool app but already have an investment in a controller?
Or are you planning on continuing to sell the old BT module?

M

The new BT module exists as a standalone product and is plug and play with the CA connector:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=100452

And owners of the previous version of the module qualify for a special upgrade price.
I am also considering offering a GPS/LTE extension for the BT module and the controller to enable remote features like alarm/tracking and cloud data logging.

MJSfoto1956 said:
Powervelocity.com said:
The BT is integrated on the board and it's the latest hardware version.

What about those folks who want to use your cool app but already have an investment in a controller?
Or are you planning on continuing to sell the old BT module?

M

Will it support the official VESC tool app (phone + PC)?

Powervelocity.com said:
The new BT module exists as a standalone product and is plug and play with the CA connector:

And owners of the previous version of the module qualify for a special upgrade price.

News to me that it is finally available!
However, I'm not seeing it listed anywhere on your website either.
How would one go about "upgrading"?

M

MJSfoto1956 said:
Powervelocity.com said:

News to me that it is finally available!
However, I'm not seeing it listed anywhere on your website either.
How would one go about "upgrading"?

M

Yup, this post is the 1st time that I have heard it is available also. I am a member of the forum at PowerVeloCity and nothing is posted there either :roll:

Powervelocity.com said:
I am also considering offering a GPS/LTE extension for the BT module and the controller to enable remote features like alarm/tracking and cloud data logging.

Have you seen the most recent version of vesc tool that logs and displays gps/maps along with the usual measurements?

Hmm, I am guessing it's on Android? Haven't checked Android version for a while.
The PV app has had mapping, nav, and other features like ETA and charge left on arrival. Still in beta though, need a bit more TLC.

The GPS/GSM/LTE module I was talking about, however, would be a hardware addition to the controller and serves a bit different purpose vs. mapping capabilities pulled from phone GPS. The GPS and connectivity module would allow remote data acquisition and
control, as well as tracking. By remote I mean, from anywhere in the world with cell phone coverage.

district9prawn said:
Powervelocity.com said:

Have you seen the most recent version of vesc tool that logs and displays gps/maps along with the usual measurements?

Will these be available for purchase through your website, or through the forum? If forum is the way then I'd like to get in line!

Making some good progress on the app/BT integration. Telemetry is already implemented, so working on motor detection part.
Also, working on building a test rig that allows to load the controller up to 15kw.
The 18Fet beta versions will be available to a limited group of testers in Nov.

ElectricGod said:
How is development going?

Thank you for posting the video, very interesting to see how your work progressing. Take your time and do it right.
:thumb:

Power components are rated for 150v. Can be easily swapped out for 200v and more if needed. The control board is capable of running voltages up to 1500v. So, there is a room for growth. I lowered the voltage based on the market need and common sense. 130v makes sense. Maybe 140v. That can be unlocked via the software.

Max allowed charging voltage can be regulated up to 150v with the current power stage.

larsb said:
So it’s now rated for 130V instead of 150?
What is the rating of caps and fets and what is max allowed charged voltage?

Four mosfets on each side of a phase, rated at 169A each.
So, yes, 676A total peak can be done. With 100v mosfets used rated at 240A, each phase can output 960A peak. Battery current can be bumped correspondingly. I will see if there is enough demand to do that. For now, 130v maybe 140v and 200A/600A combo looks reasonable for the application. I have no way to test beyond that at the moment but I see no reason why it can’t be done. I have to subscribe some serious testers to validate those power levels before it can be put in production.

Dimensions are 225x48x94mm. Probably the most compact size on the market today for the power it can deliver. It is likely the lightest as well. I will post the final weight a bit later.

j bjork said:
Looks interesting :)
But for now it is 400 phase A and 200 batt A?
Something like 600 phase A possible it the future?
What are the dimentions?

Quick update on the latest development:
Charger mode has been tested to work really well.
Any DC source with the voltage lower than the target battery voltage can be used for charging via motor stator.
Charging cycles can be configured, started or stopped via the PV Android or IOS app and likely Apple Watch. Some demo video will be posted soon.

Back