Suzuki GSX-R e899 K2

10 speed bicycle chains can take over 2000 lbs of pull before breaking (really) and 520 motorcycle chain is about 9000.

Maybe but I think I will go with:
https://shop.htpperformance.com/ek-530-drz2/

New design update ...
I know, I will loose aero, but the design looks much more aggressive in my eyes ...

Still waiting on the motor ...

Project: Main frame extension has started ...

Attachments

• 82223238_10215220273689775_1679539891584630784_n.jpg
    82223238_10215220273689775_1679539891584630784_n.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 4,868
  • 82253711_10215220274089785_3891876386113060864_n.jpg
    82253711_10215220274089785_3891876386113060864_n.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 4,868
Wow you are taking things to the next level bro. Look forward to see video from the drag strip this summer. That thing is gonna be lethal. Frame extension to fit more hardware?

Well I think this year it will note possible to realise!
But I hope to get it running by autumn.
Let´s say due to the fact, that Magnax isn´t able to deliver me the AXF275 because they are now in beta test phase (btw. they are testing there motor since 2016 on a test bench) and telling me pls. ask in 2 month again and I heared this since January last year, I had to change to another motor company! Magnax told me also that their motor will weight about 20-24kg and regarding their last information it´s now 28kg and so on …
Du to the fact of change, the motor type is 10cm bigger in diameter and that will have an influence of the main frame that I will have to extend it!
I had bought the frame in July last year but my friend who has the oppertunity to do this at his company is very busy, so everthing take a while.
But I got good news from motor manufacturer that the motor will be ready for shipping in two weeks!

I also want to create a new bike design with this extension, so it´s no longer a GSXR, even more a DIY custom frame :D and also the easiest way to handle it instead of creating a complete new one. I already took the dimensions of the frame and they are compleatly different from left and right hand side!
The frame will be extended about 25cm and as you can see on the picture with the standard frame and the deeper installed handle bar it will be a "tight box" to reach it.
There will also be create a new "fuel tank" where my body will lay down on it.

You must be aiming for sub 10's on the strip? I just love how you keep upping the game. For sure your old strip record will be crushed by the new beast. Tesla's are low 11's, right? Bet you can smoke a tesla this fall.

macribs said:
You must be aiming for sub 10's on the strip? I just love how you keep upping the game. For sure your old strip record will be crushed by the new beast. Tesla's are low 11's, right? Bet you can smoke a tesla this fall.

With this power and torque potential, end state would be a lot, lot quicker than 10's!

Well I think Tesla’s are already in deep 10 seconds, maybe high 9 seconds.
Their Problem is The Big braking system!
They need 19“ rims and there is existing no good drag Tyre for this dimension.
Well I also hope to get into the 9 seconds range.
I think the system power should be good enough for it.
But there are two open things left to get it done!
1. To get the power out of the battery pack
2. to get the power on the track

And also a long way to reach it!

Rovii said:
Well I think Tesla’s are already in deep 10 seconds, maybe high 9 seconds.
Their Problem is The Big braking system!
They need 19“ rims and there is existing no good drag Tyre for this dimension.

Tesla record is still in the 10's, unless you would qualify the drivetrain swapped into another vehicle as still a Tesla, then it's mid 9's from memory.

Large wheels make it harder but they definitely aren't the constraining factor in Tesla 1/4 mile times - they aren't really traction limited in stock form as the available traction is pretty well optimised. You can prove this by putting very sticky tires on significantly lighter wheels and they run essentially identical times. Nissan GTRs even with 19's have run much, much quicker than mid 9's. The quickest ones 'downgrade' their brakes to fit more sidewall and have dipped into the mid 6 (!) second range while still being AWD. Over the 1/4 mile Tesla is using essentially its whole efficient speed range, so changing reduction ratio for increased torque on launch to better utilise tires would probably reduce trap speeds. This would reduce ET to an extent, but quickly hit a point where it's unhelpful.

It's absolutely possible to make a Tesla Model S or Model 3 quicker, but you pretty rapidly ruin everything that makes it a good vehicle. Shedding weight is not so easy as the interior trim relative to vehicle mass weighs very little. There isn't a lot of excess wiring or systems that CAN be removed as the cars are designed very efficiently in the first place. Biggest advantage would be replacing the battery pack with a much, much smaller, high C rate pack that's stiffer under load - but you would have a nightmare trying to work around the stock cars very tightly calibrated inverter and MCU as any unexpected conditions (like voltage *not* dropping under load) would probably put the car into limp mode. Even if you invested huge effort and R&D you'd be left with a Tesla that can only drive a handful of miles.

You'll definitely be needing the absolute highest C rated cells you can find, have you looked at John Metrics drag racing batteries? They're quite extraordinarily power dense and quite affordable as you don't actually need to buy that many of them to get the required performance.

Yes I know his battery types and if i want to order a package I am pretty sure the battery pack will cost more than the motor :(.
A 12S, 250C (5Ah) cell is around 400$. Well I think I have to go with 10Ah, so I need 32 packages of this.
12800$, then comes tax etc. and I am around 15000€ to get them here to Germany!
So that´s more than the price I have payed for motor and controller!
I will start first at lower power with my old turnigy batteries to get the first test runs on my "private" airplane landing field bevor I will go to track!
Actually I have 800VDC/5Ah with this.

Ohbse said:
macribs said:

With this power and torque potential, end state would be a lot, lot quicker than 10's!

Hence the prefix sub in front of the 10's. :wink:

Rovii said:

I am getting excited for your test run already. Looking forward to that video. Keep on keeping on, your project is amazing.
What are the fastest electric motorcycles running @quarter miles these days?

Last year from Dansk Team True Cousions: 7,78 seconds with two DC motors and Zilla 2K controller (640kW). Now they build up another bike: Silver Lightning with two DC motors and you can install another one and they already have two Zilla 2K controllers installed with the option for another one for the third motor. Their bike is a funny bike build up with a real big rear tyre.
Also the weight of this bike is near 325kg+ (without the third motor and controller. They need two person to get it on a trailer and if you have a look of the costs: to get a Zilla2K here in Europe you have to pay around 9k€. For a motor 5k€ and for the battery I really don’t but I guess in 5 digit range, so out of my range and to be ownest I don’t like the design of their bike but they want to run into the 6 seconds like Larry Bird did it.
BTW the frame is already adjusted und the cutting lines were marked ... so maybe at next weekend it will be cut!

Attachments

• 11458D34-3959-4740-932C-D3D546730ABE.jpeg
    11458D34-3959-4740-932C-D3D546730ABE.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 4,536
  • C2F4818B-24FA-475E-A90D-CFCDE4A71DD5.jpeg
    C2F4818B-24FA-475E-A90D-CFCDE4A71DD5.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,536
The drag strip has changed so much since my first race many moons ago. As a private rider without at team behind you even with several sponsors and plenty of time in the garage hi 11's was considered very well. It meant you had a big blower or turbo and some know how. And it stayed like that for years. Then the extreme japs became more affordable. But it was unheard that you could take the family saloon and run 10's like with Tesla. I think I need to seek out a few races this summer, this time side line only. Your thread brings back good memories. For me it was cars but I always ridden mc just never on the strip. I really look forward to video's, this build has become extreme. Both in engineering and performance. I love it.

Hey and thx for sharing about the e-funny bike.

You are welcome!
Now the frame was devided in two pieces...

Starting to prepare the extension

Attachments

• xfgdfg.jpg
    xfgdfg.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 4,115
That's some extension! Looks awesome
How much longer is the frame now?

Also wow at the e-funny-bike - that thing looks absurdly crazy.

You're all nuts and I'm insanely jealous :twisted:

Well I streched the frame about 10 inch (25cm) and hopefull will reach the handle bar afterwards :lol:

BTW: Got a telco with Phi Power and they want to finish the motor by end of the week and shipping out!

Iirc mr rovii is a tall person from pics in another thread so I bet the new ride will fit him like a glove even with the stretched frame.

Well let´s say it will be very close!
In this position I have around 30cm (12") but I also lower now the handle bar and if you follow the line from the fork that means that the handle bar will also goes forwards.

To be ownest I got this inspiration of driving position a litle bit from Tron Bike and I really need the space to mount everythink inside the main frame.

I will see it when I remount the whole bike (frame/fork/swingarm, rear tail ...)

Attachments

• CA0D1A4B-8395-4150-AB7E-BC89801F7A6D.jpeg
    CA0D1A4B-8395-4150-AB7E-BC89801F7A6D.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 3,970
Cooler cover is ready

Short movie about the extension:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/Yya21auCjbw[/youtube]

Rovii said:
Short movie about the extension:
[youtube]Yya21auCjbw[/youtube]

That's just about perfect length for you - haha - any longer and that'd be pretty painful :lol:

Great job though - looks the goods. :mrgreen:

Now the controller fits perfect in lenght

Attachments

• 2E7DCDCA-625A-4E78-BC4F-AF488081BF31.jpeg
    2E7DCDCA-625A-4E78-BC4F-AF488081BF31.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3,681
Back