20Ah li-on NMC cells UK London new boxed £12 each on box of 50 limited stock

jimbob01 said:
Depends how big your bike is... people are running them..and at 10c they are nice for high power applications. :D
That's 10C burst for a few seconds, only 5C continuous. ;)

(I use this model of EIG cells on my SB Cruiser trike, used, from a different source).

I really like it but I can't see how I can fit it in my normal ebike. Will get 18650 instead.

Too bad because I like the price and I'm in london as well

They do pull out of the aluminium cases which makes them 7mm thick 225mm high Inc terminals and 130mm wide ..
😊 They are priced to sell and I've sold quite a few...I still have several hundred available

Those cases are the best way to keep them housed; they make packaging and connection VERY easy and reliable. Though they do add bulk to the resulting pack, they also protect the cells.

These are a good reliable brand and model cell.

If I had any money to spare for it, I'd buy as many as I could afford. (but shipping would be insane from UK to Arizona.... :( ).

Weird looking things
I'm trying to get my head around the config and @amberwolf seems to think these things are magic :D
Soooooo in 1 of your pics you have 10 cells, 2 lots of 5 with the metal clamp here (the 2nd image) https://imgur.com/a/NEzsbRo
I think that one could maybe fit inside a bike frame cos it's like 50mm thick?
What are the volts, amps and watts in that config?
I know 'Ivy Watts has the power' from school but someone help me out please :lol:

Hi Frenchie that pic is just to show various types of connection plates...they are 5p end plates in the pic.. 10cells will give you 36v nominal @20 ah....you would have to use small copper strip to make a 1p pack ...10s 1p

10 cells in series are good for 100amp continuous
200 amp for 10 sec bursts
😁
James

I just want to share my experience with buying from James. James is very helpful. The business was exemplary. I bought 3 boxes of 50 batteries. I feel like I've never made a better purchase. All batteries in the original packaging. All batteries have a storage voltage of 3.73V. I'm sure we'll buy more batteries from him. :bigthumb: :bolt:

Hi Folks,

I'd just like to echo what snejky has said.

I've been to see James and had a very good chat about batteries and EV in general before purchasing a few boxes of these cells. All have been stored well with no signs of damage at all. Still in their boxes and plastic tie straps.

As well as the cells I came away with some very helpful information and some real enthusiasm for the project that awaits me :)

Cheers,

Andy

jimbob01 said:
NEW PRICE!!! £9 each !!!!

Eig co20b 20 ah cells boxed and sealed 3.7v screw terminals
Energy innovation group high quality li-nmc South Korean cells I have several hundred for sale
all are boxed
pm message me if you are interested
£9 a cell on 50 cells
5c continuous rated
10c bursts
Tested 95 -105% capacity
http://imgur.com/gallery/lo8jgaO
http://imgur.com/a/NEzsbRo

I'm in London UK :D

Hello James,

EU is very good!

-the 50 cells are coming without bus-bars, or?
-for example: a 50 cells box need some bus-bars for a 10S5P battery like 36V and 100Ah!
-I`m looking for 36V 100Ah battery, so I need also the bus-bars, do you have some 5P bus-bars for sale?
BR
ecross

Hi ecross... The cells come in boxes of 50 cells sealed in new packaging...
I have laser cut some 5p bussbars in 3mm aluminium.. I have some at £4 each
Drawing is freely available if you want to cut your own
Also other people are making packs in 7p 2p and I'm sure they will share dFX files which the laser people request... 😁
Regards James

while it's not as easy to assemble as simple busbars, for lower current applications you can also crimp small eyelets to braided wire (similar to what solderwick looks like) or regular wire, and bolt the eyelets to the cell package terminals. since there's two bolt holes in each terminal, you can use two wires for each current path, doulbing the current from a single wire. to use larger eyelets you just have to file the edges flat so they fit between the plastic ridges.

thats how my original 4s1p lighting pack was built, though i only used one wire on each path as i only needed a few amps at most for the lights.

but i use busbars on the traction packs because much higher current is needed and it's simpler to build--but wires could be used instead for the same thing if busbars are out of reach for you.

this post has pics of some of my traction pack stuff, including fusing and interconnects
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&p=1263618
i just use a piece of lexan taped across the top of the pack to prevent anything from landing across the busbars. ;) but i can still see everything and i can cut the tape on one edge and lift the lexan to check balance/etc occasionally, without the hassle / risk of thin balance wires on every cell group.

also
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90740&p=1323258&#p1342871
jonescg said:
I actually designed a selection of termination kits for the EIG cells, including 2p, 3p and 4p. They have been sold, but I have the PCB files here if anybody is interested.

They came from Detroit electric a couple of months ago and they said they were manufactured 2014/15.
All tests have shown 95% to 105% capacity
With pretty much every cell coming out the box at 3.73v..storage.
Regards James

I now have a drawing for 1p busbars that I'm happy to freely share please pm a what's app number if you would like to receive it 😁

i have an odd question, not related to buying cells from you (would if I could, though!).

do you have a way to get a reasonably accurate mass (weight) for one cell plus it's plastic holder/frame, plus the thin aluminum plate that's part of that holder? but not including busbars, etc?

i ask because i have a stack of these cells that i could use as a "calibration mass" for a scale i found at goodwill, but i have to know how much one weighs so i can make a 25kg mass (and a 50kg, and if necessary a 100kg if i have enough cells for that).

i know the mass of a single bare cell from the datasheet, but after quite a lot of searching and reading, i couldn't find the mass for the frame/plate or for a cell with one.

i don't have a caibrated scale that will measure this or i would do it myself..but once i have this scale calibrated, it will be useful for getting mass data for various ebike related stuff posted on es. ;)

I will check on return from vacation and inform you after weighing 🙂 best regards James

Hello

Can you ship 60 cells to Mallorca, Spain?

Send a pm with an estimate.

Thanks

Not sure if the pm I sent you works as it s in Outbox and not going to Sent :?

Can I do a local London pickup - 14 cells ? Pm me how with details - can do same day too.

nickceouk said:
Not sure if the pm I sent you works as it s in Outbox and not going to Sent :?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15521

Back