Bafang Max Drive - configuring

dceish said:
Hi All,

Any clue on how to configure DP C07 display/MM G330.250 motor without usb? C07 does not have usb port nor my menu does not have psd view -> cannot edit LUd or SPl option digits from default.

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever figure out a way to enter the 0512 password?

how to configure Ultra Max as bbsX so that it responds exactly as a BBSH does.
Bafang Ultra Max 1500wts engine
DPC display 18
Batery 48v 15amp

This is my contribution
I have 3 BBS02 75O, I have mounted them on several bicycles and I am very happy but I wanted more power, so I acquired the Ultra and it was a great disappointment, the typical jerks that everyone complains about.
For Ultra to work exactly like a BBsX:
The changes are marked with red
What is not marked is unchanged
In the Torque tab, the first column is configured so that when starting from the state of rest you have to exert force so as not to force the battery.
Note 1, this setting is in sport mode.
Note 2, the eco mode does not change.
Note 3, sorry for my English, I'm Argentine, from Rosario.
Thank you
Greetings

Attachments

• Torque as BBsx.png
    Torque as BBsx.png
    14 KB · Views: 5,398
After the first 30km's of driving with the AM1000, I have tried some settings from the Frey AM1000 topic & started to tweak those.
Now I really think i'm close to the perfect MTB/Trail settings for the ultra max.

You need to work a little (if you set the display to 9 power levels, its great) to get the power out of the drive, but thats how i like it the most.
Will post the other tab's later.

Basic-good-settings.jpg

Tjeska which display do you have? I do not have the option of 9 levels on my dcp-18, just 5 in eco and 5 in sport

These changes you made did they smooth out the pas well so no jerking

The more info you guys can post here about changes will be great, i am about dive into trying to get my programming lined out better and mainly just want to smooth out the jerking

Thanks

cvin said:
Tjeska which display do you have? I do not have the option of 9 levels on my dcp-18, just 5 in eco and 5 in sport
500c, bought it on Ebay of Ali i think
These changes you made did they smooth out the pas well so no jerking
They make the power much more linear, but the higher the PAS setting the more risk at jerking because of the added power the drive has of course.

Other tabs:
Knipsel.jpg

Knipsel1.jpg

I find these settings the perfect MTB/Trail settings, mostly drive on PAs setting 3 or 4 when on trails.
Higher settings are for road use/commuting.

hoping to do some programming with the egg rider this weekend, or at least get the activation/updates and connection set up..

purchased the dcp18 from eunorau with the 9 levels pas, should be here next week

will post back on how my settings end up, what worked for me etc

anxious to compare my stock settings to these
thanks for the feedback on how yours are doing

Hi, Egg rider is a very smart tool but unfortunately, as far as I know, does not have the "Torque" page settings that seems to be very useful for max drive

Hi all, this is my e-bike 27.5" (entry level) that most of you most probably not known equipped with M400 (P/N MM G330.250) also called Max Drive and a battery with 504W.
31507111006.jpg

I'm just following with attention all the settings and notes that you guys have done and also the same from other forum but torque information are really rare and not completely clear to me apart for the Delta Voltage table.
The only one that have posted some information and notes was "e-bikeNZ" that is disappeared from the forum since November last year and other data coming from "tjeska" and "pisu" are too specific for Ultra Max.
Could anyone support me with explanation about Torque parameters functions in the table or even better shows his setting and explain why?
Thanks in advance

I did not realize the egg rider does not have the torque settings page, hoping you are wrong

if I have time to get it connected etc tonite I will confirm either way

if you are right I will sell it and just use the computer

In the comments here robocam aka "Just Enjoying Life" (replying to a comment about the torque tab) indicates the EggRider can program those settings now too. Not sure if he was replying to the generic ability to program or to program torque. It's clearly missing in eggrider's youtube video from a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE2Vmq5bMo4

Karl mentions needing to run a specific exe (presumably newer version of the programming software) to get the torque programming tab:

https://electricbike-blog.com/2017/11/23/i-void-warranties-hacking-the-bafang-ultra-max-mid-drive-ebike-drive/

In order to access the program with the torque setting, you need to run the executable Controllerst_torque.exe inside the zip file.

teirobc said:
Could anyone support me with explanation about Torque parameters functions in the table

See robocam's video. He explains some of the parameters. Spd0 would be the settings for stand still, Spd20 would be 20% of maximum speed, and so on. Start KG would be minimum force required to initiate torque sensing (Min Cur%) and Full KG would be the force at which Max Cur% is blended in. If you make both Min and Max Cur 100% as pisu did above I think you would have no blended torque sensing but more of an on/off.

Karl also explains the parameters here: https://electricbike-blog.com/2017/11/23/i-void-warranties-hacking-the-bafang-ultra-max-mid-drive-ebike-drive/

I can confirm the torque setting page is on the egg rider

not going to change any of my settings until the 9 level pas gets here

will update this after I do

hoping to clear most of a day to mess with settings, ride, change etc

I would test changing the spd0 and see if it applies to both sport/eco. My guess is it will apply to both, with eco being some % transformation of sport. If not then I would guess sport is whatever torque settings you program on the controller, and eco is a separate torque setting that can't be programmed.

HI Guys

I have ones of these drives second hand and it has the wrench symbol up. not sure where to start fault finding. controller or motor?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? it seems the speed sensor is not working also.

I found the manual here and I have error "30" so some comms failure somewhere...

*off to investigate*

http://www.cr-service.se/E-FLY/Bafang/Max%20Drive%20System%20User%20Manual.pdf

So far I suspect the display as no blown mosfets on the controller and getting throttle 0-5v feedback from torque sense cable (red 5v, black 0v, grey signal 0-5v) BUT getting good power return on the right pins and no shorts (used Luna BBSHD wiring diagram) from the display so cabling from display to controller is good.

I have an eggrider on order that *should* be plug n play. Hopefully that will let me know if i have a good controller or not.

I'm keen to add to the fault finding info and if anyone has any additional info on fault finding this drive please add links here.

I would really like to know what the pinout is for the torque sense cables are (the two plugs under the controller when its unscrewed from its mount (one 2pin = green and purple, ?? , one 4 pin = red 5v, white ??, grey signal 0-5v, black 0v.)

sorry for taking over the thread, please move if this is inappropriate.

Bikegirl said:
HI Guys

I have ones of these drives second hand and it has the wrench symbol up. not sure where to start fault finding. controller or motor?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? it seems the speed sensor is not working also.
The wrench symbol might just be the service reminder. If the speed sensor is not working it will cause problems. You could try resetting the service reminder.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but...
I'm thinking about buying a bike with an M400/G330.250 drive and a DP C18 HMI.
Thing is, the DP C18 seems to come in CAN and UART versions as the communications interface.

I'm not sure what CAN is and how I would check whether the vendor uses the CAN or UART version?
Is it still possible to use the USB cable and configuration software with CAN?

How do I check which version the HMI is, if I have to stay away from CAN?

Thanks for clarifying!

Steve

I am under the impression the m400 cannot be programmed but I may be wrong

Don’t know why bafang does stupid crap like this, the only reason I have one of their motors is because it can programmed

The M400/G330.250 is the 250W/350W "Bafang Max" drive. It can be programmed the same as the Ultra (note topic title - OP has the "Bafang Max" motor). I think the reason there is now a CAN version of the DPC-18 is for the M500/M600 motors. I believe the connector is different. Note FLX is now selling a DPC-18 color display (G3 Special Edition Display) which is for their G3 with M600 but they also sell the DPC-18 color display for the Blade (which has the Ultra motor).

https://flx.bike/products/lcd-display-dz-multi?_pos=1&_sid=873644b13&_ss=r

You should have no problem finding DPC-18 UART compatible with the "Ultra Max" which I believe should also work with the "Max".

Interesting for some reason I thought it could not be programmed

Thought I talked to Evelo about a bike they have with the m400 and they said it could not be programmed

It's possible Evelo or Bafang can lock the motor. I kind of doubt it though. More likely they just don't want users to tinker as they have a nylon reduction gear. For sure the OP was able to program his Max. The newer M500 and M600 motors can't be programmed but I think that's due to switching from UART to CAN.

Thanks Tom, very helpful.

I seem to remember a thread from a couple of years ago that suggested that the 250 and 350W drives were really the same motor with a different badge on it.

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed and if there is a way to change the software settings to run the 250W motor as a 350W one?
This is assuming it's safe and that the controller and battery (it'll be a 52V battery) can handle it....

That's a good question about how to increase the wattage. I wondered the same in regards to dropping the ultra from 1,000 to 750w. I'm assuming that you just tweak the settings. Here is a thread you might find useful: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85918

And this one: https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/bafang-max-drive-bikes.26666/

Out of interest was the 20A max Controller current already set or did you dial it up?
I’m running a 52V battery with the 250w motor and am wondering what a safe limit would be for max current...?

Back