New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Quick question: I need to discharge my battery a little for storage. If I run the motor full throttle, the battery reports 500W draw (bike spinning in the air, on a stand)
How long can I run it continuously at 480–500W before it heats past the point where it demagnetizes? With the stock firmware and no temperature sensor.

skestans said:
Quick question: I need to discharge my battery a little for storage. If I run the motor full throttle, the battery reports 500W draw (bike spinning in the air, on a stand)
How long can I run it continuously at 480–500W before it heats past the point where it demagnetizes? With the stock firmware and no temperature sensor.

Touch it, if it is hot stop. If not, keep going full throttle.

About the torque sensor calibration. I’d like to rewrite the wiki page with more detailed instructions, but I don’t understand the process as it is described.

So what do I have to do to calibrate my torque sensor without any specialized equipment? I stand on the pedals and do... what?

Where can I find a very very short adaptor cable or connector to go from the TSDZ2 motor 8 pin connector to the 850C connector?
The ECO cycle kit came with everything of coarse but I would like to mount the display right next to the motor (recumbent trike). A 6 inch cable or less would be great.

Brlowe said:
Where can I find a very very short adaptor cable or connector to go from the TSDZ2 motor 8 pin connector to the 850C connector?
The ECO cycle kit came with everything of coarse but I would like to mount the display right next to the motor (recumbent trike). A 6 inch cable or less would be great.

I haven’t come across any. Have you considered shortening the existing cable?

skestans said:
Brlowe said:

I haven’t come across any. Have you considered shortening the existing cable?

I may get an extra one and do that.

Reading the Wiki whilst mine is disassembled I thought I ought to check the PAS sensor but the controller unit seems to stuck in place solid. Is there a trick to releasing it?

Mike-P said:
Reading the Wiki whilst mine is disassembled I thought I ought to check the PAS sensor but the controller unit seems to stuck in place solid. Is there a trick to releasing it?

There are 2 small screws behind the plastic cover on the drive side.

Is there any way to verify that the roller clutch on the blue gear is faulty?

I have lost power on my motor. If I turn on walk mode then I can hear a whine which sounds like the motor spinning up. After a couple of seconds it cuts out.
The teeth on the blue gear looked fine. So I took the sprag clutch off. That looked fine too. With the main gear removed and engaging walk mode, I notice that the small gear doesn't turn.

This suggests that it's the blue gear but it looked fine without obvious damage and no flat spots. Plus it's total loss of drive rather than loss under load.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

ImpulsePurchase said:
Is there any way to verify that the roller clutch on the blue gear is faulty?

I have lost power on my motor. If I turn on walk mode then I can hear a whine which sounds like the motor spinning up. After a couple of seconds it cuts out.
The teeth on the blue gear looked fine. So I took the sprag clutch off. That looked fine too. With the main gear removed and engaging walk mode, I notice that the small gear doesn't turn.

This suggests that it's the blue gear but it looked fine without obvious damage and no flat spots. Plus it's total loss of drive rather than loss under load.

Any suggestions?
You can find on wiki FAQ more information about this issue.

And, how that started to happen to your motor? Anything that did trigger that? Anything unusual?

skestans said:
About the torque sensor calibration. I’d like to rewrite the wiki page with more detailed instructions, but I don’t understand the process as it is described.

So what do I have to do to calibrate my torque sensor without any specialized equipment? I stand on the pedals and do... what?

Yes, and also you find some objects that weigh a bit, like heavy toolboxes and family members of different sizes. Then you balance these on the pedal while the crank is fully horizontal, and note down the weight and the sensor readout for each. Try to find as many data points as possible between resting weight and your own weight. Repeat for other size.

as if someone could update the photo. Instead of cutting, you can mill a hole with access to the pins

ancan said:
skestans said:

Yes, and also you find some objects that weigh a bit, like heavy toolboxes and family members of different sizes. Then you balance these on the pedal while the crank is fully horizontal, and note down the weight and the sensor readout for each. Try to find as many data points as possible between resting weight and your own weight. Repeat for other size.

So the weights I put on the pedals to measure the values are arbitrary, they don’t have to be the ones that are pre-filled in the spreadsheet (0, 5, 10, 15, 19, 30, 54, 110)?

How do you put all your weight only on one pedal while keeping the crank arms horizontal and not falling?

These questions might be dumb to the rest of you but I really have difficulty imagining the process.

github does not have links to sw102 software via SWD connection. something has changed?

skestans said:
How do you put all your weight only on one pedal while keeping the crank arms horizontal and not falling?

Lean bike against wall, hold brake and stand on pedal.

ancan said:
skestans said:

Lean bike against wall, hold brake and stand on pedal.

Now, imagine trying to do that on a recumbent trike! :confused:

I'm thinking that for the trike situation, pedals vertical would be most appropriate (as the drive force is horizontal), then perhaps use some kind of pull/push scale to apply a known force against the target pedal. :? Reasonable?

OK, given that much effort, what is the expected difference in performance between running uncalibrated versus calibrated?

ri53hu said:
hetm4n
Can you please make some dimensions where to milling.

hole is 3-4mm x 11mm.

github does not have links to sw102 software via SWD connection. something has changed?

RicMcK said:
Mike-P said:
There are 2 small screws behind the plastic cover on the drive side.
Thanks

Kisazul said:
Use a thread lock and check the fixing of bolts more often. I missed this moment and the body broke in half.

How did that happen? Is it from not using the clamp on the chainstays (click the little arrow up in the quoted message to see the picture)?

hetm4n said:
Yes it have!! You need to follow the How to install firmware wiki page and then you will see the page you are looking for, for flashing the firmware on SW102 using SWD or using Bluetooth.

I were at an event of MTB yesterday with a lot of mud... And suddenly after about 20 kms, the chain rolled in the chain wheel and full blocked it!! The chain didn't break... but, the motor started to make a strange noise... luckily even with the noise, the motor could make some assistance and I was able to finish and back to home, I had to pedal much more than what I would like ;)

Guess what, 2 teeth of the blue gear were crushed... Another new blue gear and I am happy riding again :)

So, this is why I think is highly recommend to install the brake sensors, as without them, we can also brake and quick block the rear wheel and so the chain wheel:

20200202-063904-2.jpg

20200203-182610-2.jpg

casainho said:
Yes it have!! You need to follow the How to install firmware wiki page and then you will see the page you are looking for, for flashing the firmware on SW102 using SWD or using Bluetooth.

I click link zip file stand alone flash program https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/blob/master/Bafang_LCD_SW102/SW102_First_Install_Windows.zip%7Cthis
Dont work. Error 404

hetm4n said:
casainho said:

I click link zip file stand alone flash program https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/blob/master/Bafang_LCD_SW102/SW102_First_Install_Windows.zip%7Cthis
Dont work. Error 404
You should clarify and show that you did work otherwise you don't get help.

The link is now correct.

Back