E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Do I turn allen wrench clockwise to remove left side crank arm on v-box?
A New year's Eve mishap 😒 don't mix bomber
With flor de Cana. Should have used with my A2B 😲

FL bomber said:
Do I turn allen wrench clockwise to remove left side crank arm on v-box?
A New year's Eve mishap 😒 don't mix bomber
With flor de Cana. Should have used with my A2B 😲

Yes, left side is reverse thread.

Thorsaw said:
I have recently purchased a stealth clone ebike. I've been lurking endless sphere for a while but have never posted. I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck registering/titling their stealth or stealth clone or personal build as an actual motorcycle. My bike has a qs hub motor 8000 watt continuous 12000 peak. I was hoping to buy a lighting kit and getting some DOT approved tires. There's also a company online that says it will be able to title and register my bike as long as it passes inspection and has a serial number and bill of sale. They mentioned that they've gotten five Sur Ron light bees registered and titled no issue.

I guess the question is has anybody actually succeeded in this? Thank you

Can't be done in Texas. No VIN#, and no process to get one.

Thorsaw said:
I have recently purchased a stealth clone ebike. I've been lurking endless sphere for a while but have never posted. I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck registering/titling their stealth or stealth clone or personal build as an actual motorcycle. My bike has a qs hub motor 8000 watt continuous 12000 peak. I was hoping to buy a lighting kit and getting some DOT approved tires. There's also a company online that says it will be able to title and register my bike as long as it passes inspection and has a serial number and bill of sale. They mentioned that they've gotten five Sur Ron light bees registered and titled no issue.

I guess the question is has anybody actually succeeded in this? Thank you
depends on where you are and the local specific requirements for registering.

its different in different localities for different vehicles, so since you don't give your locality, no one can tell you anything about your particular process or needs.

so you must check with your local dmv and/or local site listing the specific regulations and requirements, then ensure your vehicle meets those specific requirements, then go thru whatever process those requirements list.

if your specific vehicle does not come with a vin of the right type from the manufacturer, and that manufacturer is not on the list (if there is one) of registered manufacturers in your locality and/or federally, it may not be registerable at all.

I've been told by dirtlegal.com (I have no affiliation) that a serial number and bill of sale is required for Maryland and NOT a vin. If I succeed I will post my results. If I Fail I will still post so others can gawk at my misfortune. Brave New world?

Yesterday I was about to suggest that the Sur Ron looks like a good bike for a typical stealth owner, then I remembered that Rix, and Alex has one.

This is what I'm talking about.

[youtube]y6C7V2pBTh4[/youtube]

I also noticed that Texas has changed their moped statutes making it easier to register a bike that doesn't have a VIN. I think I could register my Stealth in Texas as a moped now if I wanted to bad enough. As it comes limited from the factory it would qualify. There's just a form that needs to be filled out and notarized by the seller that states it has less than 5 hp, and has less than 30 mph top speed. You would need lighting, but mopeds aren't required to meet DOT requirements.

Finally got my Fighter (mostly) back together and first ride was to check out a massive fire heading my way as Australia burns.

Sorry for the crappy quality photo/video...it was smokey and super windy up there!
DSC_0001.JPG
The right hand side is the sunset...the middle/left is the fire.
DSC_0003.JPG

[youtube]fnMAyOYF87g[/youtube]

I'm not in much danger where I am as I'm in the middle of the southern suburbs of Canberra, but still scary none the less!

Cheers

Can anyone help me out with instructions on how to connect lights directly to the battery and also a great light option for bush work. Anyone using light bars?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Yesterday I was about to suggest that the Sur Ron looks like a good bike for a typical stealth owner, then I remembered that Rix, and Alex has one.

This is what I'm talking about.

[youtube]y6C7V2pBTh4[/youtube]

Well maybe this one with streamers?
light-bee-bobber.jpg

Stock RST forks have finished leaking out their oil
Is this the correct USD-8 for the Bomber
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DNM-USD-8-Mountain-Downhill-Bike-Fork-1-1-8-203mm-20mm-Axle-26/161961911540?epid=26026512633&hash=item25b5aea4f4:g:078AAOSwCoRdZbwC&frcectupt=true

KarlJ said:
Stock RST forks have finished leaking out their oil
Is this the correct USD-8 for the Bomber
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DNM-USD-8-Mountain-Downhill-Bike-Fork-1-1-8-203mm-20mm-Axle-26/161961911540?epid=26026512633&hash=item25b5aea4f4:g:078AAOSwCoRdZbwC&frcectupt=true

Yes, those will work.

This Bomber above now need a V-Boxx service or maybe a new V-Boxx. What's your advice to buy a new V-Boxx? Some time ago I read that Mammuth from Russia may sell it but I contacted them without any reply.
Or does Stealth bike sell replacements for V-Boxx?

My next battery build will be top and bottom the same ie each of the top and bottom rows have 20S then when you fold the top over they cannot make an internal short even after any movement that may cause the insulating material to fail.
from there i'd add the other 2S ontop flat like your fighter pack for 22S 12P.

unfortunately by my calculations thats 35,000kms away!

On a great note i did 3000kms in 90 days with christmas holidays of 2 weeks with no riding in there too.
now 6500kms on the clock and showing 64 cycles on the battery, for a cycle (according to the CA) of 47kms.

Only charging to 90V and discharging to 80V, 80% of the time with average distance between charge of 32kms

I'm calling it 400 full cycles as per the datasheet for the LGMJ1 to ~80% remaining capcaity hence should do at least 600 given the lower max charge at 4.1V/cell and ~800-1000 or more before I no longer have enough capacity to goto work 1 day.

This gives us somewhere in the vicinity of 37-45,000kms pack life in my case.

Given this is 7+ years at 6000kms / year - choose your battery type and pack size VERY carefully as you'll live with it for a LONG time (and its not a cheap exercise).

My mistake - should have done 12P, should have built top and bottom layers the same ie 20-22S top and bottom so risk of short due to rubbing between the two layers eliminated.

22S with the stock controller produces 6300W under load hot off the charger with my pack, decreasing to 5000W when pack is down at 70V (unloaded) which is as low as i've needed to run it so far.

bigbore said:
This Bomber above now need a V-Boxx service or maybe a new V-Boxx. What's your advice to buy a new V-Boxx? Some time ago I read that Mammuth from Russia may sell it but I contacted them without any reply.

I think your choices are,

1. take it apart yourself, and order spare parts from Stealth.
2. send Stealth your VBoxx for repair
3. order a new VBoxx from Stealth for about us$1100+

KarlJ said:
My next battery build will be top and bottom the same ie each of the top and bottom rows have 20S then when you fold the top over they cannot make an internal short even after any movement that may cause the insulating material to fail.
from there i'd add the other 2S ontop flat like your fighter pack for 22S 12P.

unfortunately by my calculations thats 35,000kms away!

On a great note i did 3000kms in 90 days with christmas holidays of 2 weeks with no riding in there too.
now 6500kms on the clock and showing 64 cycles on the battery, for a cycle (according to the CA) of 47kms.

Only charging to 90V and discharging to 80V, 80% of the time with average distance between charge of 32kms

I'm calling it 400 full cycles as per the datasheet for the LGMJ1 to ~80% remaining capcaity hence should do at least 600 given the lower max charge at 4.1V/cell and ~800-1000 or more before I no longer have enough capacity to goto work 1 day.

This gives us somewhere in the vicinity of 37-45,000kms pack life in my case.

Given this is 7+ years at 6000kms / year - choose your battery type and pack size VERY carefully as you'll live with it for a LONG time (and its not a cheap exercise).

My mistake - should have done 12P, should have built top and bottom layers the same ie 20-22S top and bottom so risk of short due to rubbing between the two layers eliminated.

22S with the stock controller produces 6300W under load hot off the charger with my pack, decreasing to 5000W when pack is down at 70V (unloaded) which is as low as i've needed to run it so far.

That is the reason I built a 20s15p 30Q pack.....couldn’t go 22 with a MaxE other wise I probably would have.

Good advice.

Tom

bigbore said:

I've torn mine down 3 times, its not that big of a deal as long as your detailed oriented.. you may be able to get spares from Stealth for your vboxx depending on whats wrong with it. You could always buy a new one and keep this as a spare parts box as well..
If you send it in to Stealth they send it to tawian for repair and the turnaround is at least 3-5 weeks

Back