Chargery 16S Lipo/LiFePO4 Monitor

Scruffoid

100 W
Check this one out guys.

http://www.chargery.com/cellSaver16S.asp

I needed a towel after i stumbled onto this one. Not sure if anyone else has gotten or tried one of these yet but i am going to try to get my hands on two of them to monitor my bike.

Has built in inputs for 2 temperatures sensors as well to top it off. Cool looking graphs of cell condition.

Chargery BM16.JPG

I wanted to try these out, but where the heck do you buy them?

That's pretty cool but who sells them?

Ive sent an email to the contact on the website to ask for details of cost etc.

I will let you know when he gets back to me.

Maybe we can do a bulk purchase off him as i think a lot of people would like this sort of thing. I think it would make a top dashboard. I think i can remove the LCD and mount it remote in a custom case on the top tube of my bike.

Lets hope he sells em as i also couldnt find them in any online stores.

Wayne

I'd definitely be interested in at least one.

neptronix said:
I wanted to try these out, but where the heck do you buy them?

LOL was just looking for a supplier and came across your post on here back in January :)

Interesting, i also like the look of the balancer http://www.chargery.com/DB8.asp

Edit: after reading on there site
Cooperating with charger, the built-in software can detect the cell voltage in charging. When any cell voltage reaches 4.22V, it will cut off the charger to prevent the battery overcharged.
which is over charged, ok if you can calabrate it though.

Looks great to me, I want to keep riding with 18s lipo, but monitoring 16 cell out of 18 cells is still very ok.

Bazaki said:
Looks great to me, I want to keep riding with 18s lipo, but monitoring 16 cell out of 18 cells is still very ok.

Yep when i charge lipos i realy only look at cell voltages to be able two see cell voltage all the time would be great

Bazaki said:

They have a 12S version that you can buy now from http://www.rcaccessory.com/BM12.aspx

You could get 2 and then have room for one more :)

If you go to their home page and scroll down a bit, on the left is info on contacting them for purchases using PayPal.

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

drutledge said:
If you go to their home page and scroll down a bit, on the left is info on contacting them for purchases using PayPal.

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Yep but we need to know how much it is first :)

As of yet still have no reply to my email i sent.

Scruffoid said:
Bazaki said:

They have a 12S version that you can buy now from http://www.rcaccessory.com/BM12.aspx

You could get 2 and then have room for one more :)

Dam $49 i was hoping $10/15

2 of the 12s version can indeed monitor a 18s lipo pack, but then again I think I prefer 3x Cheap 8S Cell log.
This Chargery can't do much more compared to the cell log I think, ?? except the fancy diagram :)

I have heard back from Jason and he wants $70 USD each for these units Including Freight DHL so express air i assume.

They are for sale in Germany @ http://shop.lipopower.de/Battery-Monitor-und-Saver-fuer-3S-bis-16S-LiIon-Lipo-LiMn

I was thinking of the Cell logs myself and for the price he wants for these ones i think i might buy the cell logs and pull em apart to make the dashboard i am looking for.

I want a dashboard that shows a graph of cell voltages so i can quickly glance at it and make sure all is looking well.

Jason has some trouble speaking english by the looks of it and doesnt answer all my question in the emails so i am going back and forth a bit atm to try to see if I can get it customised a bit display wise to suit my needs a bit more.

Will keep you updated. But 18 or so for cell logs compared to 70 for these id go cell logs.

Ok got a reply from Jason Again. This is what he wrote

Hi Wayne,

Yes, I see.

Now the BM16 only display 16 cell voltage, and the SOC graph is only for 16s battery gauge NOT 18S. So the SOC graph is not accurate. But if display cell voltage bar, the present LCD cannot display all bars simultaneously due to small space.
The better solution is we design 18S even 24S cell voltage monitor fit in your system, because the SOC graph is more clear and convenient than the 18 voltage bars.

By the way, what is better LCD size for your system? Now the LCD size is 1.8”, please tell me all requirements according to your experience, such as how many connectors for 18S?

Many thanks,

Best Regards,

Jason Wang

So He is willing to make changes to suit what we would like. So ask away and i'll compile a list of features that we can ask for and see where it goes.

So far he has the following

2 * 8s JST balance connectors.
2 temperature inputs
led alarms
Sound alarms
A state of charge graph for Total cell capacity like a car fuel gauge.
Cell voltage display

So he is willing to make it support more cells what would be a nice figure we should ask for?
I would like to see a easier display of cell voltages. Maybe he could colour code the voltage displays based upon there state. So green for good (4.2 - 3.8 ) Medium (3.7 - 3.4) Bad (3.3 - 3.2) OMG! (>3.2) Flashing red.
I would be happy with what he has if he could do something better in the voltage display. Being able to plug all my packs into a 24S would be good as well.

OK ill await some more feedback.

Wayne

First id say his english is good compared to some ive comunicated with, and he sounds very flexable but expencive.[ at those prices you could get a cell log 6s only 6s cell display though, Volts/Watts/mAh/Amps/Time display/ logging/batt temp alarm /2or3voltage alarms/Motor KV Meter/ ...... $42

24s sounds great but more dough,but you might be able to negotiate a better deal if enough are interest
Could you ask him if he has plans for watt-metre in the 150v/100amp range that would awsome.

I wonder what the quality is like.
I used to use chargery BM6s a few years ago and they were good. Then shortly after hobbyking picked them up the quality went to crap and I've been using other monitors since. Those 16S ones are pretty cool, I'd be keen to get my hands on an 18S version. They'd be prime for my new custom frame plans, mounted in the top bar 8)
Tell him to make an 18S version with 3x 6S inputs and a 2"x2" screen and uncle Hyena will buy a few :p

Would it be fair to say that the majority of people on here would use 6S batteries. So we could go something like a 24S with 4 6s inputs on it? Or do we say 30s, 5 6S inputs.

First question will be how much he reckons it would cost. I will email him and ask that question as this may all be just silly thinking anyways.

My requirements would be:
24S max. (anyone above 100V has enough money to buy two I reckon)
3x 8S or 4X 6S inputs
min. and max. instant cell voltage display mode with big characters
buzzers and output port (for relay) with independently programmable upper and lower voltage limits

Hallo,
there is allready a new better Version,
here is the Manual
http://www.litrade.de/download/Chargery_BMS16_specification_V1.0.pdf
With Current measueremt up to 100A

http://www.litrade.de/shop/BMS-Balancer/BMS-Systeme/Akkumonitor-NEU-Chargery-BM16LF-V4-1-NEU-3-bis-16-Zellen.html

chargery12.jpg

chargery_16_LF.jpg

Being it's a Monitor and not a true balance charger (no ports for banana plugs with either deans or XT60 connector) it's only way to balance the min-max P-group voltages is with discharge balancing. Also, any decent charger has an adjustment for setting the high voltage cut-off. For example adjusting the charger to 4.1V instead of 4.2V for increasing battery longevity.

Lesson is not to buy a cheap BMS or a cheap non-adjustable charger. So, why do you need a HV alarm?

Back