E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

bigbore said:
This Bomber above now need a V-Boxx service or maybe a new V-Boxx. What's your advice to buy a new V-Boxx? Some time ago I read that Mammuth from Russia may sell it but I contacted them without any reply.
Or does Stealth bike sell replacements for V-Boxx?

You'd think they could do an exchange to speed up the turnaround time...
Ask perhaps, let us know how you go.

How long before it failed? Big $$ part to fail, i guess that means you do some pedaling! :lol:

So I finally finished the rebuild of my Fighter and finally finished putting together all the footage for you all to witness. The editing took almost as long as the rebuild dealing with all that time-lapse as it crippled my PC to work on. :lol: :roll:

Enjoy!
[youtube]2NDmzOMx-QI[/youtube]

I have a few more things to tidy up and replace on this bike (pedals, grips), then I'm probably going to be listing it for sale. As much as I will hate to see it go, I need the $$$ to fund another exciting project that may even lead to a patent application, prototypes and production run of something the likes that nobodies seen yet. All I'll say is that it is a kind of electric vehicle, but not an E-bike. :)

If anyone wants to get a jump on buying the Fighter flick me a PM with an offer...keeping in mind this is not like any other Fighter out there, so the offer would need to reflect that. :)

Cheers

bigbore said:
This Bomber above now need a V-Boxx service or maybe a new V-Boxx. What's your advice to buy a new V-Boxx? Some time ago I read that Mammuth from Russia may sell it but I contacted them without any reply.
Or does Stealth bike sell replacements for V-Boxx?

Fratello mio! Whats your Vboxx doing?

Dlogic said:
Here we go now, the time has come for a small premier. Possibly the web´s first Vboxx repair video. Enjoy! :D

Part 1, the disection:

[youtube]pruRTLlFsiA[/youtube]

Part 2, the shafts explained

[youtube]1oI2O1F0k3g[/youtube]

Part 3, assembly and adjustment

[youtube]Zgog-W3QLVw[/youtube]

:mrgreen:
Here you go Grande Alesaggio!

Grazie mille Rix. Fra poco smonterò il mio Vboxx seguendo i video sopra.
My Vboxx lost 1st, 2nd and 4th gear, the spur gear has a lot of play and I noticed a leak of grease from the bolt in the center of the spur gear.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 7.25.57 PM.png
If your spur gear is loose there is are 2 allen bolts on the top and bottom that sandwich the shaft in place, Check the side plates to see if there is any wear that may make the shaft loose (not top to bottom but left to right)...

Game on!

Pulled the 5403 apart to change the bearings and all the phase wires insulation was falling off.
Getting stealth to re-lace into a 19" moto rim so i can get away from the puncture headache
and lashed out on a UFO motor to get me going.

Not a cheap exercise but **Pay to play** never been a truer word spoken.

mentalhealthplan = B52

Rix said:
Yah 1ABV, I figured you would like the M403 Bridgestone off road. It works on dry, wet, mud sand and regular dirt. If you ride a lot of pavement though, the knobs will wear quicker than VRM 021 and Shinko SR241. And there lies the issue, trials tires offer all around good performance, but the knobby tires will offer better off road, and not nearly as well on road, as you have noted. BTW, Great write up/review.

So Rix, now that i'm dropping the coin to have the 5403 laced into a 19" rim any tyre suggestion for me?
99% of my riding is on the road and plan is to put a dirt tyre on the UFO as it apparently doesnt lend itself to a moto wheel build as unequal length spokes and odd locations for them vs evenly spaced

Anyone know the pole count for the UFO?
CA says I tapped out at 231km/hr lol.
Max amps up from normally 74-75 to 76.55A
While I was in there I beefed up a couple of traces on the earth side and main power + side where there was a gap between the input power DC wire and the wire that’s layed among the side of the board.
Cleaned it all up as it seems crystalyte weren’t too fussed about leaving heaps of flux all over the board.

Bike is now very noisy :(

Traps- motor sits further forward than the 5403 so either needs new torque plates or linish down the originals 5mm or so.

Need info re which are the temp sensor wires and where they go as couldn’t find this out in time for needing the bike to run today.

Will take it apart again when I find out where they go.

Incidentally it’s a UFO 5565 so .... sorry for those who think it’s too quick,,, the 5403 certainly feels quicker
EDIT :(speed on 22S 18650s stock crystalyte controller)

KarlJ said:
Anyone know the pole count for the UFO?
CA says I tapped out at 231km/hr lol.
Max amps up from normally 74-75 to 76.55A
While I was in there I beefed up a couple of traces on the earth side and main power + side where there was a gap between the input power DC wire and the wire that’s layed among the side of the board.
Cleaned it all up as it seems crystalyte weren’t too fussed about leaving heaps of flux all over the board.

Bike is now very noisy :(

Traps- motor sits further forward than the 5403 so either needs new torque plates or linish down the originals 5mm or so.

Need info re which are the temp sensor wires and where they go as couldn’t find this out in time for needing the bike to run today.

Will take it apart again when I find out where they go.

Incidentally it’s a UFO 5565 so .... sorry for those who think it’s too quick as the 5403 certainly feels quicker too speed on 22S

Try 23 and see if that brings your settings into check. I know the old 54xx motors were 12pole.

Rix said:
Try 23 and see if that brings your settings into check. I know the old 54xx motors were 12pole.

Roger that thanks Rix, headed over to the parents to collect = ~2hr train ride and 20min walk to the station this end and 5mins the other end for a 30min ride home :lol:

on another note, you had torque plates made for the QS 205, how do you find that motor over the 5403?

Thanks Rix,
23 for the pole count looks good for the Crystalyte UFO 5565 and lines up with GPS speed on the iphone.
done 55kms and used 25 out of ~32Ah available mix of cruising and belting it.
Not sure why anyone would ever want a 5580 or 55100 motor, the 5565 taps out at about 90km/hr on 22S and is very happy at 75-85km/hr. Edit - (guess you'd use these in little wheels)

Getting used to the noise and looks like i need another link in the chain despite the shorter torque plates as very difficult to make the wheel straight as runs out of adjustment in the slot (not sure why as appears the dropouts have enough slot to accommodate moving the wheel further forward but they dont want to budge.

Bummer as i don't have any half links laying around .

Climbs hills really well, much better than the 5403 , went up a hill that i could barely walk up, fell off a couple of times and it didnt moan and groan like the 5403 did with little fwd motion, just kept hauling along.

Don't have the tempsensor set up yet but after the 55kms even with a beer (or two) stop, upon arriving home its screaming hot to touch. Hoping this is the ferrofluid doing its job as despite the claims you don't need much, when i pulled the 5403 apart it had all but evaporated and turned into solid goo (whatever amount you get on the net in little syringe is clearly not enough for the 5403.)

It does roll better off-throttle which im surprised as on-line pics of the stator show the 5403 had a slanted / twisted stator the UFO doesnt have. (this is normally done to reduce cogging drag).

In all very happy with the upgrade (so far) and recommend it for others, as for the 11lbs alleged weight savings, they feel about the same to me to pick up and this would indicate less copper and more heating issues

KarlJ said:
Rix said:

Roger that thanks Rix, headed over to the parents to collect = ~2hr train ride and 20min walk to the station this end and 5mins the other end for a 30min ride home :lol:

on another note, you had torque plates made for the QS 205, how do you find that motor over the 5403?

I never ran the Qs205, I think that was BigBore, and originally Alex who went to the 205 on the Bomber.

So 5403 with the 19” rim, only took me 6 months,
Pretty excited actually unlaced the old motor last night, tempted to put holes in it, sand it back repowdercoat or better yet the satin/ gritty finish that’s on the UFO
K

KarlJ said:
So 5403 with the 19” rim, only took me 6 months,
Pretty excited actually unlaced the old motor last night, tempted to put holes in it, sand it back repowdercoat or better yet the satin/ gritty finish that’s on the UFO
K

I did run 5403, 5404, and 5405 along with TC4080, TC4065, TC3080 and a TC3065 all laced to 17, 18, and 19" Mc rims on my Bomber and Fighters, but no QS205.

I was thinking about making my next battery but after watching all the work you have to do CD, it makes me feel a lot better about just buying a battery.

I've lost my desire to buy a Sur Ron. The problem with it is it looks too much like a motorcycle to ride on the street without registration, and then you can't ride it on the city bike paths. All things considered my Bomber is better suited for the riding I do. The only thing that's bugging me is my 24ah battery is better than stock, but still too little. With the money I just saved by not buying a Sur Ron, I'm going to buy a bigger battery.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I've lost my desire to buy a Sur Ron. The problem with it is it looks too much like a motorcycle to ride on the street without registration, and then you can't ride it on the city bike paths. All things considered my Bomber is better suited for the riding I do. The only thing that's bugging me is my 24ah battery is better than stock, but still too little. With the money I just saved by not buying a Sur Ron, I'm going to buy a bigger battery.

I got a SurRon, its not something I would be able to get away with riding on the road without at least being contacted by the fuzz.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

I got a SurRon, its not something I would be able to get away with riding on the road without at least being contacted by the fuzz.

I've changed my attitude about the Sur Ron. After doing a lot of research I think it's the most desirable electric motorcycle on the market. If Sur Ron ever makes the bike easier to register I think they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough. My problem is I've gotten used to riding anywhere in the city a bicycle can go. I tried once already going back with my Tomos moped, and although it was a great bike, I couldn't get used to how limiting it was not being able to take it on the trails or sidewalks. That makes my Bomber to this day still at the top of my list, but now for the first time since I bought it in 2013, there's at least one other bike that comes close even if it is a slightly different animal. The competition is starting to catch up with us, but it also demonstrates how far ahead of it's time Mr Stealth really was, and for the time being still is.

Black-Sheep.jpg

some ppl have ordered the surron L1e version china direct from Jiesute .. because it has a VIN number and all the moped street legal gear should be easier to get registered than the off-road version .. and looks like there may be more options coming for usa surron bikes, parts etc soon with segway, teznic, and ebikezilla ..

john61ct said:
Sorry, but what is that pictured?

That was my Tomos, my last bike before this Stealth thingy. What I like better about the Stealth over the Tomos, and mostly applies to a Sur Ron too is, I can ride the Stealth anywhere, and no one ever notices it, it really is stealthy. I don't have to register, insure, or have it inspected by anyone other then myself. I can ride it on city bike trails, streets, and sidewalks. I've had police block traffic for me so I could illegally ride across the street in the crosswalk.

Tomos, or Sur Ron I wouldn't try it.

Plano-Fountain.jpg

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
some ppl have ordered the surron L1e version china direct from Jiesute .. because it has a VIN number and all the moped street legal gear should be easier to get registered than the off-road version .. and looks like there may be more options coming for usa surron bikes, parts etc soon with segway, teznic, and ebikezilla ..

I'm not surprised there's going to be a lot more sellers, they're going to need them.

Back