Neematic - 20kW middrive bike

JuiceMeUp said:
- Battery specs say 50V 2.2 kW. Do they mean 12S @ 110aH of an undisclosed cell type?
Website says a 6 hour recharge so aprox 18 Amp charge? Batteries are supposed to be hot-swappable

This is such a stupid, embarrassing error to neglect the kWh on your own launch brochure. By the sounds of it, pack is likely 14s. To deliver 15kw it's going to be doing at least 300 battery amps. Sounds possible, but unusually high. Math doesn't really work out with 18650's though, 3ah cells means this would only be 14s15p, borderline for doing 15kw of output for any sort of decent lifespan. It's something I would do for a hotrod project, but probably wouldn't recommend for an actual product. Possible it's some kind of higher power output prismatic cell or a power focused 2170 :?:

Charger seems pretty anemic for this kind of product, much, much worse than the Surron? Really?

Ohbse said:
JuiceMeUp said:
- Battery specs say 50V 2.2 kW. Do they mean 12S @ 110aH of an undisclosed cell type?
Website says a 6 hour recharge so aprox 18 Amp charge? Batteries are supposed to be hot-swappable

This is such a stupid, embarrassing error to neglect the kWh on your own launch brochure. By the sounds of it, pack is likely 14s. To deliver 15kw it's going to be doing at least 300 battery amps. Sounds possible, but unusually high. Math doesn't really work out with 18650's though, 3ah cells means this would only be 14s15p, borderline for doing 15kw of output for any sort of decent lifespan. It's something I would do for a hotrod project, but probably wouldn't recommend for an actual product. Possible it's some kind of higher power output prismatic cell or a power focused 2170 :?:

Charger seems pretty anemic for this kind of product, much, much worse than the Surron? Really?

300A isn't that hard to deal with from a conductor standpoint, cells will be run at ~7C (15/2.2), quite a few 18650 esque cells that can manage that in bursts (VTC6 for example) - 2 yr battery warranty too so they at least have some confidence in their cells, though i'd want to know the fine print (ie if its pro-rata etc). Im surprised they stuck with a 50VDC system for 15kw... might be easier to get switchgear for that voltage vs say 72VDC.

and yea missing the H in kwh is a goof, though it could be a draft version of the brochure, such typos are easy to do.

My guess on the voltage would be a legality thing ?

From memory over 60 volts is considered 'high voltage' and requires extra certification for road use - assuming they are considering a road legal model in the future

Chambers said:
My guess on the voltage would be a legality thing ?
From memory over 60 volts is considered 'high voltage' and requires extra certification for road use - assuming they are considering a road legal model in the future
I thought the same. And it's the only reason I can think of as well. You need to go through a lot of certification to get something over 60V approved.

in germany yes. but not a single company homologates in germany.
they go all to spain or italy because(only a guess) its easier there. even for car manufacturers.

lmx and surron has 16s -> 67v fully charged. both street legal. and iam pretty sure lmx hasnt the money to pay more than needed on homologation.

Pretty sure BZH is an electrical engineer - could be wrong?

From memory the electronics either need to be designed or certified by an EE for 'high voltage'

Isn't it nominal voltage which will be taken and noted in the papers?

I don't know for sure but in my case, which is quite funny, i have tricked them out a bit since i have 20s which are split into two 10s packs i just wrote down 36V x 2 and they took it :mrgreen:

Another reason why they went with 14s could be that such controller version has higher power density.

madin88 said:
Isn't it nominal voltage which will be taken and noted in the papers?

I don't know for sure but in my case, which is quite funny, i have tricked them out a bit since i have 20s which are split into two 10s packs i just wrote down 36V x 2 and they took it :mrgreen:

Another reason why they went with 14s could be that such controller version has higher power density.

in my coc(k) papers are 60v ^^

Mailed UBCO (europe-Justin) today as this story is going on & on for a FRX1 ..

I like this thing and thought i'd give them aother shout.. :roll: .. I got a response within an hour of mailing.. "we expect to start the production next year".. How long can I wait lol

I want a mid drive preferably with pedel setup cos I can get away with murder where I am like this.. plus I mtb & dirtbike so it's no prob riding with pedals- either way - but it would know seem this has been pulled..

Mid - drive wise, I can't get what I want from qulbix although I've been loyal & had a couple frames from them & they've done well... They won't sell me a core MD without dnm suspension, zee brakes & I don't know what controller FFs.... that I don't want!

At a bit of a loss :roll:

Cheers.. Jonboy

Jonboy said:

I like this thing and thought i'd give them aother shout.. :roll: .. I got a response within an hour of mailing.. "we expect to start the production next year".. How long can I wait lol

I want a mid drive preferably with pedel setup cos I can get away with murder where I am like this.. plus I mtb & dirtbike so it's no prob riding with pedals- either way - but it would know seem this has been pulled..

Mid - drive wise, I can't get what I want from qulbix although I've been loyal & had a couple frames from them & they've done well... They won't sell me a core MD without dnm suspension, zee brakes & I don't know what controller FFs.... that I don't want!

Cheers.. Jonboy

Welcome to the disappointed club of the original Neematic fans :)

Your only option for high power and pedaling bikes are the LMX-64 and the SEM Venom

If you don't mind a single drive train, you have Bikes based on a Bafang Ultra and upgraded with the Innotrace / Archon X1 Controller (2300W/ 3000W peak) like the recent WattWagons Ultra Bike.

Given Wattwagons offers the Archon Upgrade for any Bafang ultra, you can also look at other MTB with a Bafang Ultra and plan the Upgrade.

bunch of losers are they.
4 years now i think. thats completley bullshit.

imagine if they EVER GO TO THE MARKET and you have a problem like a flat tire or an empty battery.
they will need minimum 6 months to find the "error" and another 3 months to fix that.

nobody can take them serious.

NOBODY!

The Pedal stuff was the last line of beeing other than a surron.
now its a wannabe surron and not even yet on the market. LOL

they didnt build a single bike for sale. only done some pics and videos in 4 years. what a bunch of dickheads :D

IF you are a beginner. you could at least build 1-5 bikes and "try" to selling these. L I K E every beginner do....
LMX for example.
and they homologated them in 1/4 of the time.

Impressed - forgotten - disappointed - angry - hate - neematic :mrgreen:

i wish i could meet one of those crackheads in real to show him how they can bind their shoes. :warn:

I visited the head office in September this year (in Tauranga, New Zealand). Basically, the salesman didn't know much about the specs of the bike, and had no idea as to when (or if) production would start. He didn't seem too interested....

ubco.jpg

Jonboy said:

Cheers.. Jonboy

Check out Boxxbike... I would be off visiting the manufacturer about now if not for covid... but hoping to have one before summer (northern hemosphere). Looks great on paper and they have a good rep.

edit
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94174

PRW said:
I visited the head office in September this year (in Tauranga, New Zealand). Basically, the salesman didn't know much about the specs of the bike, and had no idea as to when (or if) production would start. He didn't seem too interested....

ubco.jpg

That sounds like to me that this bike is just a show bike of a brand of "what they are capable of".
Familiar with what prototypes Ive been working on for some big car company in the past.....

Its a pitty. :x :evil:

Ubco has raised US$10m, working on 2 new models - bike capable of 80km/h to enable to travel on arterial roads, and a 4x4 quad. Ubco also has a subscription plan with Domino's locally for delivery bikes, about to be trialled in the UK.

It looks like Nicolai is bringing a Neematic substitute to market.
https://en.nicolai-bicycles.com/eboxx-ultra/

6kW / 10 kW
Pinion gear box as an option for PAS configuration
Gates carbon belt
2kWh battery

Glad to see this category of bike to start emerging as valuable choices :)

It is a question of preference.

There are time where I enjoy the throttle, but most times, I enjoy pedaling the bike, on streets of course, but also off road.
Since I added a torque sensor to my 40kg BoxxBike, it is incredibly fun to power the bike this way on hills and trails :)

As I said, to each its own, I like to have the flexibility...
I enjoy the bit of exercise too :)

Next attempt at the FRX1 release in 2022 ...
https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/22/electric-utility-bike-company-ubco-scores-10m-strategic-investment-with-tpk/

"Ubco is also gearing up to release two new vehicles for which TPK will provide dedicated manufacturing support. The company hopes to begin production for the FRX1, an off-road trail bike for the recreational market, in 2022, and is working on a prototype for pre-release of a four-wheel utility vehicle the same year....."

Back