SilentEnduro conversions

General Discussion about large electric scooters and motorcycles and other things with no pedals.
User avatar
SilentEnduro   10 W

10 W
Posts: 81
Joined: Oct 10 2019 2:56am
Location: Lviv, Ukraine

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilentEnduro » Dec 25 2019 1:51pm

New conversion, Light(Soft) Enduro now, Beta with kelly 7230, QS 205 and 21s battery.
Will it have a chance to offroad fun?)))
257714101_213148.jpg
257714101_213148.jpg (200.79 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

User avatar
macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3648
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by macribs » Dec 25 2019 7:24pm

Why not make that into an electric supermoto? A perfect quiet, light weigh and super quick hooligan bike for urban riding.

j bjork   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 502
Joined: Aug 31 2018 3:01pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by j bjork » Dec 26 2019 4:57am

Inspiring builds, nice to see :)

Torti   10 W

10 W
Posts: 70
Joined: May 03 2017 2:40am

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by Torti » Dec 26 2019 2:26pm

Can you say more dates

battery pack

more pictures

Karolis   10 W

10 W
Posts: 82
Joined: Jun 01 2009 8:03am
Location: Lithuania, Vilnius

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by Karolis » Dec 31 2019 4:12am

SilentEnduro wrote:
Dec 25 2019 1:51pm
New conversion, Light(Soft) Enduro now, Beta with kelly 7230, QS 205 and 21s battery.
Will it have a chance to offroad fun?)))

257714101_213148.jpg
Could You specify more of your build. 21S of what (Lipo or Life)
Sprocket tooth
motor kv and so on.

User avatar
SilentEnduro   10 W

10 W
Posts: 81
Joined: Oct 10 2019 2:56am
Location: Lviv, Ukraine

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilentEnduro » Jan 05 2020 10:14am

Karolis wrote:
Dec 31 2019 4:12am
Could You specify more of your build. 21S of what (Lipo or Life)
Sprocket tooth
motor kv and so on.
A bit later, on FB... now need to check battery on that bike =(
macribs wrote:
Dec 25 2019 7:24pm
Why not make that into an electric supermoto? A perfect quiet, light weigh and super quick hooligan bike for urban riding.
Just customer request =)

btw, new video in English on Youtube

User avatar
macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3648
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by macribs » Jan 05 2020 5:33pm

SilentEnduro wrote:
Jan 05 2020 10:14am
macribs wrote:
Dec 25 2019 7:24pm
Why not make that into an electric supermoto? A perfect quiet, light weigh and super quick hooligan bike for urban riding.
Just customer request =)

btw, new video in English on Youtube!
Great news. Off to watch your youtube channel :thumb:


Btw. Nice save on top of the hill, slippery conditions with fresh snow. But you saved it :wink:

User avatar
SilentEnduro   10 W

10 W
Posts: 81
Joined: Oct 10 2019 2:56am
Location: Lviv, Ukraine

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilentEnduro » Mar 04 2020 8:43am

New conversions:
Geon Dakar (24s /4.5kWh/, qs205, kelly8430)
Emaha 2.0 (22s /4.2kWh/ qs138, kelly8430)
photo_2020-03-04_13-00-54.jpg
photo_2020-03-04_13-00-54.jpg (239.32 KiB) Viewed 933 times
https://youtu.be/tTDwnaDJfBM

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilverLine » Mar 04 2020 10:33am

So Votol vs. Kelly ??

User avatar
SilentEnduro   10 W

10 W
Posts: 81
Joined: Oct 10 2019 2:56am
Location: Lviv, Ukraine

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilentEnduro » Mar 05 2020 10:43am

SilverLine wrote:
Mar 04 2020 10:33am
So Votol vs. Kelly ??
hope in nearest future we will have a chance to compare them all in one day and one place.

BTW, folks, what tests of e-conversions would be interesting? (like - long hill, range test, top speed etc)

Bartosh   100 W

100 W
Posts: 126
Joined: May 10 2017 3:32pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by Bartosh » Mar 05 2020 10:56am

SilentEnduro wrote:
Mar 05 2020 10:43am
SilverLine wrote:
Mar 04 2020 10:33am
So Votol vs. Kelly ??
hope in nearest future we will have a chance to compare them all in one day and one place.

BTW, folks, what tests of e-conversions would be interesting? (like - long hill, range test, top speed etc)
long hill? sure. what about this:
0-60, 0-80, 0-100?
does it wheelie? if so, what is the top speed it can pop a wheelie? /gear ratio, bA, weight pls/
just my 2c

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1686
Joined: Feb 15 2013 4:43pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 05 2020 11:05am

how about some jump tests .. are these type builds good at the track as well as Enduro, trail riding.. or maybe some water crossings.. are they sealed up at all for submersion ?? great builds:) 8)
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
SilentEnduro   10 W

10 W
Posts: 81
Joined: Oct 10 2019 2:56am
Location: Lviv, Ukraine

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilentEnduro » Mar 05 2020 2:40pm

Wow, thanks)
So for now we have for test:
Short hill
A steep climb
Long sandy climb
Jump from the spot in front of the kicker
Jump from the rolling
MX track test (best time?)
Wheelie from 0km/h
Top speed for wheelie
Speed test (0-60) GPS
Max speed test GPS
Water crossing (maybe)))

will be interesting...

kostikas   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: Dec 29 2014 4:40pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by kostikas » Mar 05 2020 5:19pm

Qs205 vs qs138 acceleration and hill climb together 👍

User avatar
SilentEnduro   10 W

10 W
Posts: 81
Joined: Oct 10 2019 2:56am
Location: Lviv, Ukraine

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by SilentEnduro » Apr 27 2020 1:15pm

Alive again, after 3rd motor change :)

QS 205, Kelly 8430H, Saft vl41m 22s battery (88v), 3.25 reduction ratio.
IMG_20200427_193751.jpg
IMG_20200427_193751.jpg (464.27 KiB) Viewed 562 times

User avatar
tylerwatts   100 W

100 W
Posts: 141
Joined: Sep 14 2012 3:10am

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by tylerwatts » May 01 2020 7:55am

SilentEnduro wrote:Alive again, after 3rd motor change :)

QS 205, Kelly 8430H, Saft vl41m 22s battery (88v), 3.25 reduction ratio.
IMG_20200427_193751.jpg
Chain looks very slack in the photo, even for MX riding.

Do you have info about using qs205 as a mid drive?

Cheers
Tyler


User avatar
tylerwatts   100 W

100 W
Posts: 141
Joined: Sep 14 2012 3:10am

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by tylerwatts » May 01 2020 10:06am

Can you post Facebook link please?

Cheers
Tyler



User avatar
tylerwatts   100 W

100 W
Posts: 141
Joined: Sep 14 2012 3:10am

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by tylerwatts » May 02 2020 6:39pm

Great thanks. Love your bikes. Do you post any more details about build specs, 205 motor for mid drive etc?

Cheers
Tyler


Jellybean   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: May 12 2020 9:03pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by Jellybean » May 22 2020 11:23pm

Everything that I can find shows the 205 and 138 as hub motors that are only rated around 3000W. But the pictures don't look like they use hub motors. Am I missing something? I'm new to this so thats possible, but my electric skateboard has a 3000W motor and weighs a lot less and goes a lot slower than a motorcycle.

User avatar
macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3648
Joined: Jul 22 2014 5:59pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by macribs » May 23 2020 2:59am

Not really sure what you are asking but I will try to answer my best.
Both the 205 and the 138 can perform much more the the rated 3000 w. The 205 is often seen as a hub motor but it can be used as a mid engine too. One bike that uses a hub motor in a mid motor setup is the Vortex from Vector ebike. You can google that too see how it all works.

I don't know what kind of skate board you got or how their motors are rated, but believe me those ratings might be the same on paper, but likely not even on paper. Your board if likely giving you absolute peak power, power so hi motor(s) can only take if for very few seconds without overheating. Then there is the torque. I can say for sure your board is no way near those to motors when it comes to torque. And they are not giving you peak power. 3000 w for them are continuous power. 205 happily crank out 15 kw of power. The other I never owned and tested but could be even in the 20's with the right controller.

If you are fearing underpower units. Just go bigger from the start. After all bigger even if not always better in all imaginable ways bigger is always more fun.

Jellybean   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: May 12 2020 9:03pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by Jellybean » May 23 2020 7:24pm

Thank you for replying, that does answer most of my confusions.
For me, it makes it hard to compare motors when their ratings are inaccurate, even if it's for the better. After looking at the Vortex, it seems like somewhat of a hassle to mount a hub motor as a mid drive. The axle has to be very secured as mentioned when I look at most other conversion threads. Most of the bikes in this thread do a very good job of hiding their motors so it is hard to see how it's assembled, but the Vortex leaves it fairly exposed. I know they are IP rated, but more protection isn't a bad thing in off-road vehicles. It also takes up extra space where the spokes would normally attach.
I have a 6374 Brushless Outrunner motor, the kind most use on esk8's. It is rated up to ~50 volts, not in the hundreds like these. Yeah I get they are different vehicles and such, but it still requires a certain amount of power to move a certain weight a distance in an amount of time. The larger motors move much more weight longer distances and faster, but at the same power rating on paper, which is why I was confused. Is there a wiki or thread that discusses how motors compare to each other in real world? Or a calculator for determining how much power is enough for each situation? I have been reading around, but mostly searching for specific scenarios as I find out about new products.
I am all for going bigger, but weight and wallet thickness are limiting factors for me.
Thanks for the help

ARod1993   100 W

100 W
Posts: 190
Joined: Feb 25 2014 12:20am
Location: Cambridge, MA

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by ARod1993 » May 25 2020 9:31pm

Jellybean wrote:
May 23 2020 7:24pm
Thank you for replying, that does answer most of my confusions.
For me, it makes it hard to compare motors when their ratings are inaccurate, even if it's for the better. After looking at the Vortex, it seems like somewhat of a hassle to mount a hub motor as a mid drive. The axle has to be very secured as mentioned when I look at most other conversion threads. Most of the bikes in this thread do a very good job of hiding their motors so it is hard to see how it's assembled, but the Vortex leaves it fairly exposed. I know they are IP rated, but more protection isn't a bad thing in off-road vehicles. It also takes up extra space where the spokes would normally attach.
I have a 6374 Brushless Outrunner motor, the kind most use on esk8's. It is rated up to ~50 volts, not in the hundreds like these. Yeah I get they are different vehicles and such, but it still requires a certain amount of power to move a certain weight a distance in an amount of time. The larger motors move much more weight longer distances and faster, but at the same power rating on paper, which is why I was confused. Is there a wiki or thread that discusses how motors compare to each other in real world? Or a calculator for determining how much power is enough for each situation? I have been reading around, but mostly searching for specific scenarios as I find out about new products.
I am all for going bigger, but weight and wallet thickness are limiting factors for me.
Thanks for the help
The big difference there is that the Turnigy/Hobbyking motors are somewhat overrated and designed for a completely different application; they're typically used for model airplanes where the propeller screws just about directly into the can. Air is a viscous load, so in that realm they only see full load at full speed (in which scenario they're also putting out peak power while sitting in the center of a massive airstream), which means you can run them harder without overheating and damaging them. They're also wound for that (149rpm/V, which translates to 7500rpm or so at 50V). The QS205 is rated to 52A continuous, 104A peak, and is wound to 6-16 rpm per volt, which means you can push the voltage a lot higher (at 16 rpm/V and 120V you'd have 1920rpm, which isn't all that fast, but 120V at 104A is 12.5kW).

philjk2007   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: May 28 2018 1:42pm

Re: SilentEnduro conversions

Post by philjk2007 » May 30 2020 4:30pm

I would be interested in someone installing and testing the denzel d9000 kit the torque numbers are very high at 72v stating 100nm?

Post Reply