Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

larsb said:
Might be dependent on your available space, the votol EM300 is a bit of a brick but much more powerful at the same price as a nucular.

Someone has to take the plunge and buy it :D

Biggest problem, is where to buy ??

How many in here, run votol em 150 sp on more than 20s ?

larsb said:
Might be dependent on your available space, the votol EM300 is a bit of a brick but much more powerful at the same price as a nucular.

Looks nice. I'm in. 850A is a serious amount of phase current. Don't know about batt max, but if it's unlocked, I would assume twice as much as 150sp. Does anyone have a detailed spec? I hope it's got 36 fets inside. BTW what's the price?

larsb said:

Ok but I asked about an EM150SP Vs Nucular 24F. Is the Votol better value then and plenty controller for the job (so to speak)?

Cheers
Tyler

SilentEnduro said:
finally had a chance to test Votol with shunt-mod, folks it worth it. (1:8.2 reduction ratio)
no stuck in climbs, no power loss, crazy throttle response.

photo_2020-03-09_19-05-29.jpg

Video soon...

Woooow. Tell more :bigthumb:
Are you on 20s btw. ?

SilverLine said:
SilentEnduro said:
finally had a chance to test Votol with shunt-mod, folks it worth it. (1:8.2 reduction ratio)

Video soon...

Are you on 20s btw. ?

22s

SilentEnduro said:
SilverLine said:
SilentEnduro said:

Video soon...

Are you on 20s btw. ?

22s

Cool, and no problems with that higher voltage for em150sp ? Are you fully charging to 4,20v pr. Cell ?

SilentEnduro said:
Great news... but I have some questions (-; Did you use the sport mode before the mod? Do you use now? I got the impression you didn't, I mean based on that:

SilentEnduro said:
Did you try in both high mode and sport mode? Is limiting the same? (General limit in program)
onestly, not tested on sport mode

To the point. There is no way you can get good (IMO) initial throttle response without the sport mode enabled. Same with FW compensation set low. So the question is: what other changes did you make in your config? If none, and the mod is the only thing that changed, please also let us know. But if you did, your bike might initially work like crap anyway, so it may be difficult to compare now.

Now about the climbing and lack of power loss events... which I find the most interesting part. Can you describe how you've been testing it? Climbing, going down, for how long? Please share your latest config, you can export an .ini using the app. Thanks

Edit: Didn't you notice the bike got visibly weaker after some serious climbing? Like WOT from 0RPM, not so willing to pop a wheelie for instance. Yes, a video would be great.

tylerwatts said:
larsb said:

Ok but I asked about an EM150SP Vs Nucular 24F. Is the Votol better value then and plenty controller for the job (so to speak)?

Cheers
Tyler

I can't say until I'm done testing Nucular. I've been having some problems making it work at 300bA/500pA with my qs 138 70h middrive though. There are some weird cutouts, still WiP, need a week or two, it may be a hw failure or may be not, no way to tell at the moment. I might have found a solution but need more time to test it.

What I can confirm, Votol can't be beaten if it comes to standstill response, this thing is like twice as snappy on WOT from 0RPM. Can't make the Nuc work equally well in this regard. Both controllers can be overheated quite easily. I'll post more as soon as I have a stable setup to play with.

Bartosh said:
SilentEnduro said:
Great news... but I have some questions (-; Did you use the sport mode before the mod? Do you use now? I got the impression you didn't, I mean based on that:

SilentEnduro said:
Did you try in both high mode and sport mode? Is limiting the same? (General limit in program)
onestly, not tested on sport mode

To the point. There is no way you can get good (IMO) initial throttle response without the sport mode enabled. Same with FW compensation set low. So the question is: what other changes did you make in your config? If none, and the mod is the only thing that changed, please also let us know. But if you did, your bike might initially work like crap anyway, so it may be difficult to compare now.

Now about the climbing and lack of power loss events... which I find the most interesting part. Can you describe how you've been testing it? Climbing, going down, for how long? Please share your latest config, you can export an .ini using the app. Thanks

Edit: Didn't you notice the bike got visibly weaker after some serious climbing? Like WOT from 0RPM, not so willing to pop a wheelie for instance. Yes, a video would be great.

here I am, so....
Video - https://youtu.be/3l8ZKQOKlNE

Sport mode didn't provide any profit if you set config same to "high speed", only if you set bigger value of battery current.
After shunt mod - throttle response is really crazy, other changes - this is different bike with 1:8 reduction ratio.
For now I'm gonna make another Votol with shunt mod, and put it to emaha with 1:7 reduction and see what will happen.

Test is simple, we have sandy hill that is barely reachable for regular Votol with 1:7 reduction.
Moreover if you will stop in the middle of this hill - Votol will not be able to spin a wheel.
Shunt modded Votol goes there with any problems, and if you will stop in the middle of this hill - you are able to continue climbing.

Sport mode didn't provide any profit if you set config same to "high speed", only if you set bigger value of battery current.
Interesting. Sport mode makes a huge difference in case of my controller. Anyone can set the same settings in both modes and confirm?

Please export an ini file with your latest settings and post here. Thanks.

Btw I'm doing the mod anyway.

Edit: Can you measure the phase current output after the mod?

Edit2: One more thing. I've just read the comments under your yt vid - are we still talking about SP/can?

My votol stopped working today. Reason turned out to be a broken unprotected splice hidden in the main cable sleeve that connected to the throttle +5V
I found it when bike suddenly started working when i tried to program (then USB fed +5V through the splice to the throttle :D )
48F99570-8B1C-45BE-9A3D-F69A3DF9F5BE.jpeg
Poor workmanship, beware if you get issues like this

Hello everyone,

Does somebody know what type of controller this is?
Note that the Microfit connector has 18 pins instead of 16.

I tried to connect it to the EM-100/150 software but it did not connect.
Maybe because i had the wrong connection or due to the wrong software..???

votol.JPG

Can you help me with a connection diagram or working software?
Any info is welcome!

Kind regards,
Peter

It’s very similar to the votols but i haven’t seen one like this. I bet you can find it on taobao or alibaba if you spend enough time searching.

Anyway, please create a separate question for it, it’s most likely not a variant of Votol controller

So I'm implementing the Votol EM-100 in my scooter (moped), and unlike most of you, I want to run it at low power most of the time (due to the small 16s5p 18650 pack and due to my range). In addition I'm planning to make a high-performance battery pack for the occasional fun-time.

I'm having trouble detuning the Votol. Adjusting the battery busbar limit has no effect on the overall performance. In addition to that, it also doesn't listen to the three-speed limits I set. Does anyone recognize this behavior and how to fix it? I want to limit it at 30/40A in regular mode.

Another problem I have is related to the phase/hall sensors (I guess). When I go off throttle, it doesn't just roll, but the motor/inverter keeps active. It seems like it is regen-ing or the throttle sticks a bit, but this depends on the the position of the wheel. Is this related to the phase shift?

votol1.png

votol2.png

votol3.png

Hi, I have Velocifero MAD with a Voltol EM30S ESC and have been following this thread closley, today i downloaded the Voltol software and via a prolific pl2303 serial usb adapter cable and a 4-pin connector was able to hack into the ESC firmware.
Im trying to remive any speed limiting and was happy to see that on the second screen the speed limit was set to 37%.
Ive changed this setting to 100% along with redusing the soft start and managed to write these changes to the ESC.
Before i made any changes i noted that the Max RPM was 624 rpm at full throttle.
Once i reconnected the software to the ESC and checking that the changes had been saved i checked the RPM at full throttle and was supprised to see that it had not changed as was still 624 rpm at full throttle.

Wat am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• 90377369_10218234252273864_3428508535099490304_n.jpg
    90377369_10218234252273864_3428508535099490304_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,048
  • 90736589_10218234252793877_7318855066746617856_n.jpg
    90736589_10218234252793877_7318855066746617856_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,048
Maverick440 said:
Thought that so yes i ticked high gear but made no diffrence.

Do you have a 3 way switch for the low/mid/high settings? or a separate switch for the sport mode wired up?

Hey I’m getting these errors and my motor won’t spin. Does any of you know what they are/ how to fix them. Thanks.
Hall fault, controller failure

Attachments

• 5DF2FD64-B97E-463A-BFC6-BE867089F31B.jpeg
    5DF2FD64-B97E-463A-BFC6-BE867089F31B.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,696
Back