Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

The mbrusa version 0.20beta1a for default displays (vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18) you can find:
On the github of StanceCoke
The starting guide you can find there too.
Also the manuals for configuration and display

The English translated manuals of the configurator and how to handle the display:
View attachment EN-Configurator -TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A.pdf
View attachment EN-Manual_display operation-TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A.pdf

Ashrambo has made an Spanish translation of the configuration file on his blog

Basicly the mbrusa version is the same as latest Buba's build v0.20b for KT lcd3, but some advantages are missing (for now) or a bit more complicated because of the use of these default displays.
Mbrusa is currently working on an improved version of the firmware, in which a number of things should be improved, such as the calibration of the torque and cadence sensor, the overrun and the operation of the display.
You can find more detailed information on the Jobike forum
Some of mbrusa's improvements you can see on Youtube too

Is this code already having the latest overrun fixes described on the jobike.it forum or do we have to wait a little longer for that?

To date the available code does not include the overrun improvement. It is a porting from the Buba's v.20

obcd said:
Is this code already having the latest overrun fixes...
... do we have to wait a little longer for that?
No, in the version I linked, the overrun is not yet solved.
You have to wait for the new version.

If I remember reading correctly, the overrun fix is only in the motor.c file.

Would it be possible to post that one for those unpatient (like me)

I understand it needs some testing before it can go mainstream. Just (very) curious what has changed.

Ciao a tutti,
Sto testando le ultime modifiche con Mbrusa, ci siamo quasi, bisogna aspettare ulteriori test per rendere definitive le modifiche.
Non ha senso rilasciare versioni che potrebbero causare problemi nell'utilizzo, spero che voi capite e pazientate ancora un pochino, vi posso assicurare che mbrusa è una grandissima persona e sta lavorando con passione e convinzione a migliorare il software per tutti voi.

chri27.5 said:
Ciao a tutti,
Sto testando le ultime modifiche con Mbrusa, ci siamo quasi, bisogna aspettare ulteriori test per rendere definitive le modifiche.
Non ha senso rilasciare versioni che potrebbero causare problemi nell'utilizzo, spero che voi capite e pazientate ancora un pochino, vi posso assicurare che mbrusa è una grandissima persona e sta lavorando con passione e convinzione a migliorare il software per tutti voi.
Translation:
chri27.5 said:
Hello to all,
I'm testing the latest changes with Mbrusa, we're almost there, we have to wait for further tests to make the changes final.
It makes no sense to release versions that could cause problems in use, I hope you understand and be patient a little longer, I can assure you that mbrusa is a great person and is working with passion and conviction to improve the software for all of you.
Ciao chri27.5
I can imagine that you don't want to release a complete new version of the firmware that isn't tested, but the question was if it is possible to publish the "overrun code" only from motor.c.
On Jobike I read this code could be used in the KT-lcd3 version too. In that case it is possible people ad this code by theirself and on their own responsibility.
Because mbrusa don't use github, we can't see the explicit changes with the code.

Elinx said:
Ciao chri27.5
I can imagine that you don't want to release a complete new version of the firmware that isn't tested, but the question was if it is possible to publish the "overrun code" only from motor.c.
On Jobike I read this code could be used in the KT-lcd3 version too. In that case it is possible people ad this code by theirself and on their own responsibility.
Because mbrusa don't use github, we can't see the explicit changes with the code.

Ciao Elinx
Comprendo le aspettative create con la pubblicazione del video ed era mia intenzione anticipare il rilascio della modifica "overrun" e non attendere la versione completa, che anche quando terminata, richiederà un ulteriore tempo per l'aggiornamento dei manuali.
I test pratici si concentrano nel fine settimana, se c'è qualcosa che non va, sfortunatamente devo aspettare il successivo.
Nulla cambierebbe con GitHub, non rilascerei mai software senza prima fare i test che ritengo necessari. È il mio modo di fare.
Ancora un po' di pazienza ...

Translation:
Hi Elinx
I understand the expectations created with the publication of the video and it was my intention to anticipate the release of the "overrun" modification and not wait for the full version, which even when finished, will require additional time for updating the manuals.
Practical tests are concentrated on the weekend, if there is something wrong, unfortunately I have to wait for the next one.
Nothing would change with GitHub, I would never release software without first doing the tests that I consider necessary. It is my way.
A little more patience ...

Hello,
today I tried the Mbrusa modification to fix the overrang on lcd3.
I must say that it works very well, I posted a video made with the phone, obviously it is not the best, but the arrest is clearly visible.

https://youtu.be/r3RW_21sJTc

Ciao,
oggi ho provato la modifica Mbrusa per sistemare l'overrang su lcd3.
Devo dire che funziona benissimo, ho postato un video fatto con il telefono, ovviamente non è il massimo, però si vede bene l'arresto.

motor.c file for open source TSDZ2 mb.20beta1.A for original displays VLCD5 VLCD6 XH18, with overrun modification.
I also have the new full version ready, but before releasing it I have to do more tests and update the manuals.
View attachment motor.c-TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A-fix_overrun.zip
It must be copied to the src\controller folder to replace the previous one.

mbrusa said:
this is the right one.
Thank you, mbrusa! :thumb:
I've updated the github repo:
https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/commit/2e77e3d3bc6ad4079c05d9c8b0434cb0692614a2

regards
stancecoke

mbrusa said:
motor.c file for open source TSDZ2 mb.20beta1.A for original displays VLCD5 VLCD6 XH18, with overrun modification.
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Thanks mbrusa for your efforts

mbrusa said:
...this is the right one.
motor.c-TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A-fix_overrun.zip
Thank you mbrusa. I tested it yesterday on about 5 km in central city, with the gear shift sensor on the way in and without it (unplugged) on the way back. It is hard to see huge differences now with an internal gear hub (I have a Nexus coaster brake 8 speed). It means that your improvements in order to shorten the overrun are very nice.
  • I will try it on another bike (a new Vermont Jersey pedelec) in a few days.
    • For this new bike, I already ordered a Bafang gear sensor and extension cables in order to build the Bafang 3 pins <=> Tongsheng 6 pins cable. But on the Vermont, the second Y branch is not free to plug the gear sensor and is used by the lights. This was not the case with my Bocas (2005) which had a dynamo hub.
    • And I don't know how to easily plug the 4 things on the 3 branches of the Tongsheng 6 pins Y:
      - output 3 pins male from the TSDZ2;
      - Tongsheng speed sensor (Y 6 pins female);
      - lights (6 pins male) and
      - Bafang gear sensor (special cable with a 6 pins male).
    • This new pedelec is still untouched with its original Tongsheng TSDZ2 firmware and used every day by a son and her daughter at the back, so we have to be careful. But with mbrusa improvements I am confident in trying the Open source firmware by just flashing it.

Also, it is very easy to revert to the originals. I will tell you.
  • With the new motor.c, concerning the differences between with or without the gear sensor, I noticed that with the gear sensor, one advantage was that when accelerating fast after a green light, it was easy to change gear from 1 to 5 without stopping pedaling. With former motor.c, it was worst if I stopped pedaling for changing gear because of the overrun. With the new motor.c every thing is easier but I need to practice more to appreciate if having a gear sensor is still an important improvement (in a city) or not.
  • An other concern was if the speedometer was altered by the gear sensor connected to the same wires as the speed sensor: it is not altered at all, even if changing gear permanently.
Cheers,

Revher

mbrusa said:
A question to those who use the throttle.
Does it still work with fix overrun?
Walk assist isn't working with VLCD6.
Thanks for your work, the motor is running super smooth!

sp1n4d0 said:
mbrusa said:
A question to those who use the throttle.
Does it still work with fix overrun?
Walk assist isn't working with VLCD6.
Thanks for your work, the motor it's running super smooth!
Thanks for the report, I had doubts about the throttle, but also the walk assist and the cruise are in the same conditions, the motor with the pedal stopped does not work. I will fix the bug and release the update later in the day.

Here is the "fix overrun" update in the TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A version, for the original displays.
The files to be replaced are 3, ebike_app.c, motor.c, motor.h
I had not considered the riding modes with stationary pedals, which consequently do not work.
Now "fix overrun" is disabled in WALK ASSIST, CRUISE, THROTTLE mode and for the next version also CADENCE SENSOR CALIBRATION MODE.
View attachment TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A-fix_overrun_update.zip
for sp1n4d0
Can you confirm the correct working? Thank you.

mbrusa said:
Here is the "fix overrun" update in the TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A version, for the original displays
I've updated the github repo, it would be fine, if you would spend half an hour to learn how to use github! :wink:
Only two clicks are needed in eclipse (or other IDEs) to commit and push the changes to github!

https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/commit/3f816dbf3ae16041ed6169650feb086ded5a19fd

regards
stancecoke

mbrusa said:
Here is the "fix overrun" update in the TSDZ2-mb.20beta1.A version, for the original displays.
The files to be replaced are 3, ebike_app.c, motor.c, motor.h
I had not considered the riding modes with stationary pedals, which consequently do not work.
Now "fix overrun" is disabled in WALK ASSIST, CRUISE, THROTTLE mode and for the next version also CADENCE SENSOR CALIBRATION MODE.

for sp1n4d0
Can you confirm the correct working? Thank you.
Yes, now it's fine, thank you!

Good to all. I asked for version 20, but when I turn on the error E02, how to look at the values, or until the sensor is replaced, it does not move.

Hi,

is it possible that the temperature sensor does not work in the current release? I have tested different settings yesterday and today and reflashed x times, but it does not work for me.

With the last marcoq firmware and 20 °C temperature limit set, the motor stops (error code E06) as soon as I warm it up a bit with the hot air dryer (room temperature is ~12 °C).. With the current version ( https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/commit/3f816dbf3ae16041ed6169650feb086ded5a19fd ) the motor does not stop even after 5 minutes of warming.

In the same way the display (displaya data = 0) shows me 0.00 °C temperature.

My settings are:
#define ENABLE_THROTTLE 0
#define ENABLE_TEMPERATURE_LIMIT 1

and

// motor temperature limit (sensor required)
#define MOTOR_TEMPERATURE_MIN_VALUE_LIMIT 15
#define MOTOR_TEMPERATURE_MAX_VALUE_LIMIT 20

Update://

Now I have tested the first 0.20 version directly from mbrusa ( https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&start=750#p1527187 ) and here everything works. I don't know if it is due to the overrun fix or some other change (e.g. outsourcing advanced.cfg).

I would like to use the last hour of sunshine for a round of cycling now :) Thanks to all.

bingo5 said:
In the same way the display (displaya data = 0) shows me 0.00 °C temperature.

My settings are:
#define ENABLE_THROTTLE 0
#define ENABLE_TEMPERATURE_LIMIT 1

I had this same problem with v0.20beta1a from Github. But it was the first time I installed the sensor so I thought the fault was somewhere in the connections I made (directly to controller board) even though I could not point out where. The temp sensor itself was giving accurate readings to voltmeter and the soldered joint to board seemed fine and on the right spot compared to the installation guide in the FAQ.

Back