Eternal outskirts of Moscow and beyond (LOTS of pics!)

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
markz   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Eternal outskirts of Moscow and beyond (LOTS of pics!)

Post by markz » Mar 15 2020 2:34pm

goatman wrote:
Mar 15 2020 8:24am
i don't why but I just got a kick out of you cutting the rubber whiskers off the tires.

I have to ask, why? better traction on pavement?
Oh
"cutting" you say
quite odd indeed

I do like to pick at them, its just a thing I do. I dont pick them all, its just something I've always done. If I am sitting on the train with my bike, I might pick at them if my hands dont get dirty. But maybe 3 at most. If I am bored.

goatman   10 kW

10 kW

Post by goatman » Mar 26 2020 1:08am

when I looked at the wastelands and nischenkas new home. is Russia going to rebuild the wastelands? or is it just so the highway can cross over it? weve had nice sunny weather and 10*c, really nice riding weather. hope all is well

funny thing about your pictures, I have so many questions and don't know where to start, more please

Skorohod   100 W

100 W

Post by Skorohod » Mar 26 2020 8:47am

markz wrote:
Mar 15 2020 5:23am
Find your spot out in the bush, pack up your rations and Smirnoff Vodka.
Nah, i'm gonna stand my ground 8)
goatman wrote:
Mar 15 2020 8:24am
i don't why but I just got a kick out of you cutting the rubber whiskers off the tires.
I have to ask, why? better traction on pavement?
Yep! Whiskers on that particular tire is extremely thick (about 3 mm or so) and long due to outdated production technology. They need to be cutted, or on hard surface (or ice) tire would be unpredictably slippery.
markz wrote:
Mar 15 2020 2:34pm
I do like to pick at them, its just a thing I do. I dont pick them all, its just something I've always done. If I am sitting on the train with my bike, I might pick at them if my hands dont get dirty. But maybe 3 at most. If I am bored.
I feel you, it's like popping bubble wrap! Just irresistible.
But on that Petroshina one can't easily pick whiskers THAT thick :lol:
goatman wrote:
Mar 26 2020 1:08am
when I looked at the wastelands and nischenkas new home. is Russia going to rebuild the wastelands? or is it just so the highway can cross over it?
Yep, that wastelands not just random wastelands - they usually products of some undeveloped construction projects. But land is valuable in Moscow, so they all inevitably will be used for some highway or park or residential building or else.
goatman wrote:
weve had nice sunny weather and 10*c, really nice riding weather. hope all is well
This week in Moscow we have nice weather as well - sunny and up to 14 C today. But i've been swamped with work last weeks and all this corona apocalypse around is not helping at all... So no rides last weeks except commuting to work. Next week all Russia goes to erm... "mandatory holidays", but it's gonna be very bad for business. We'll see, what comes next.
goatman wrote:
funny thing about your pictures, I have so many questions and don't know where to start, more please
You welcome to ask more questions, i'm glad to answer them all :)
There are about 6 trips i've not posted yet, so more photos will come despite all quarantine measures.
Teleport Medium, Nucular controller 12F + QS 205 v3 50H 8T, 20s28p NCA32 18650 battery, DNM USD-8 fork.

goatman   10 kW

10 kW

Post by goatman » Mar 26 2020 10:45am

when I look at the wastelands, I see buildings and it looks like everyone threw their personal belongings out their windows and just left. what happened, where did they go. if things got bad you would still need a roof over your head. so I get a dark thought but maybe they were moved to a new building and left all their old stuff behind?