What battery to get

chbronco

10 mW
Have this battery it's from a surface 604 fat bike about 3 years old need a new battery but it has a bunch of wires coming out of the other end of the battery, all the ones I see just have the 2 power wires

For some reason can't post a pic but have 2 main power wires on one end and 3 2 wire plugs coming out of the other end going into a 3"×3" box that's all in the battery

Yeah, its probably proprietary which means you have to buy Surface's battery. They got you by the balls and you gotta pay up.
There maybe some simple hacks that might be found online or Endless Sphere somewhere. Its probably a very simple hack. Do some interweb searching and ES searching and see what comes up, I am sure we would all be interested in seeing your search results as Surface seems to be a popular brand of proprietary ebike.

If there is no fix, you could just use Surface's motor, buy a new controller and a new battery and your good to go. What is the power rating of the motor? Is it a Banfang 8 fun? Which would be like what, 500-1kw, geared most likely. So yeah do that and get back to us.

Thanks for the reply, but it's not a bang 8 fun EBR has a reveiw on it its surface 604 element the vid is 6 years ago.But my bike has different parts 3ring crank 48v 12ah different speedometer but the hub motor looks the same Bought it as a demo I only maybe put on 10 charge cycles.But a bigger battery.

chbronco said:
Thanks for the reply, but it's not a bang 8 fun EBR has a reveiw on it its surface 604 element the vid is 6 years ago.But my bike has different parts 3ring crank 48v 12ah different speedometer but the hub motor looks the same Bought it as a demo I only maybe put on 10 charge cycles.But a bigger battery.
if you go to imgur and join for free it will resize your pictures for message boards. if the batteries dead are you comfortable just replacing the cells yourself ? you haven't mentioned if the battery still works or just dead. so ill just brainstorm dead battery

do you have a digital multi meter? big wires should be power, the other end you have 3 plugs that are 2 wires per plug, right?

is there an on/off switch on the box? or charging port? im trying to think what would be in that box.
1 set of wires might be for charging, 1 set for thermal shut/off(battery gets too hot) 1 set for battery gauge or bms on/off switch?

im just wondering if something in that box has shut off your bms
sounds like bms is in the battery

I would check for voltage on each of the 3 plugs.

pictures, a little more info and people will start helping you.

Yes I will do that,just thought some one on here would have had one and has modded it.

Put any picture into Microsoft paint, and then you can just resize it.

You may have to look into replacing just the battery innards, keeping the electronics inside that make the battery proprietary.

Crudest method, running a wire from a new battery on a rack or whatever, into the box where it connects so it thinks its the original battery in there.

Back