Bafang 850C color LCD, currently working for TSDZ2 motor -- Flexible OpenSource firmware

lvx_xvl said:
My problem is with the 'brown' and 'orange' wires, if you look into the picture of the LCD the left most wire (orange) has got the label "bat_o", which translates to "Battery Out" most likely. That conflicts with the table!!
Great you got your working. I must say I were able to ride today 40 kms MTB with latest firmware of 850C + TSDZ2 and it is great, I am really happy with the result of 4x increased sensitivity and linearization of torque sensor and 4x more resolution on the current control.

So, bat_o and that the table says Vin, but Vin on the TSDZ2 perspective, so yes, the table is correct.

_g_ said:
andrewgateway said:
Have you flashed the motor with the correct version of the firmware ?
Yes. I started with the latest version of the firmware on motor and 850 screen and the screen correctly reports back the version for it's firmware.
Also tried an older version of the custom firmware on both and the original firmware on the motor (which I tried again with the VLCD5 display).
If there is no advance to the 850C main menu, then there is not correct communication with TSDZ2. Check you have correct firmware versions installed as also the wires, uart tx and rx wires!! There wires may have a problem, on the main connector, etc.

casainho said:
_g_ said:
andrewgateway said:
Yes. I started with the latest version of the firmware on motor and 850 screen and the screen correctly reports back the version for it's firmware.
Also tried an older version of the custom firmware on both and the original firmware on the motor (which I tried again with the VLCD5 display).
If there is no advance to the 850C main menu, then there is not correct communication with TSDZ2. Check you have correct firmware versions installed as also the wires, uart tx and rx wires!! There wires may have a problem, on the main connector, etc.
Thanks - I was definitely using the two latest versions of the firmware.

I suspect the problem is with the motor controller, though why it previously worked with the XH18 display is another matter!
The following is the voltages I measured from each wire coming from the motor controller vs what your github page suggests.
ntxw9iq.png

I would guess that the brown wire (TX motor controller) shouldn't be at the battery voltage? Everything else seems to make sense.

Hi Casainho,

Thank you for your fast replay.
With your enthusiastic talk about the software I really can't wait to jump on the bike,...

But on your comment:
casainho said:
So, bat_o and that the table says Vin, but Vin on the TSDZ2 perspective, so yes, the table is correct.

I actually am more confused then before :confused: :roll: . The TSDZ2 gets power from the battery, so AUX _BAT, it then passes this voltage to the controller? As reference for battery level? Or to power and boot the LCD?

From my perspective the TSDZ2 Vin is the battery. So Vin would mean power for the PCB of the LCD, and bat_o would mean a reference line to measure battery state? Am I completely of here?

regards,
LVX

micha_ub said:
Hello to the developers, compliments for the great development of the software!

One question, where can I activate and set the street mode on the Bafang 850C? I have the latest beta installed and cannot find the menu item.

Thank you!

Hello Casainho, can you tell me, how I can activate the "streetmode" on the Bafang 850C-Display?

Thank you!
Michael

_g_ said:
casainho said:
_g_ said:
andrewgateway said:
Thanks - I was definitely using the two latest versions of the firmware.

I suspect the problem is with the motor controller, though why it previously worked with the XH18 display is another matter!
The following is the voltages I measured from each wire coming from the motor controller vs what your github page suggests.
ntxw9iq.png

I would guess that the brown wire (TX motor controller) shouldn't be at the battery voltage? Everything else seems to make sense.

I got a new TSDZ2, thinking I'll try and fix the one I've got and put on another bike - flash with the same versions and still nothing.
Doing this last night I notice there's another version released; try that and it works first time!

micha_ub said:
micha_ub said:
Hello to the developers, compliments for the great development of the software!

One question, where can I activate and set the street mode on the Bafang 850C? I have the latest beta installed and cannot find the menu item.

Thank you!

Hello Casainho, can you tell me, how I can activate the "streetmode" on the Bafang 850C-Display?

Thank you!
Michael

Hi Michael,

As far as I know it's not implemented yet. See the line above "Key combinations":

Note that the street mode is not implemented yet.

https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Features-and-configurations-on-display

BR,
Horst

Upgrade should work that way: Display is power off. Then all connected, you press "Update firmware", it shows "waiting", and then you press the POWER button shortly and release again. Then it will start updating instantly. No more waiting. If update doesn't start, then something is wrong.
To be able to update the display needs to be powered by 30V+ and you may have TX/RX swapped. Try changing them and try again. Good luck!

Just bought a BBS02B kit with the 850C display. Posting this comment so I can find this thread back more easy. I'll read the thread soon to see if it can be helpfull to me when I have mounted the kit to my bike.

The 850C open source firmware is not for the bafang motors but for the tsdz2 motor with open source firmware.

SlowCo said:
Ah, that's a shame. The title of the thread fooled me... :wink:
Updated the title in the hope to avoid this issue.

This display is original for Bafangs but we are using for TSDZ2, still, our OpenSource firmware can be easily adapted to work for others motors if there are interested developers to do it.

@obcd Can you give me a copy of your makefile, I'm having the same issue you had but I cannot figure out how to fixit.
Thanks

obcd said:
Adding the needed c files manually to the makefile SOURCES did the trick. It's compiling and linking under windows now.

This is the makefile I have in the firmware\850c\src folder
Didn't look into the sw102 yet

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2oozvbwnv9mhfiw/Makefile/file

UART communication of BLDC controllers, is there common frame structure and fields (voltage, power, wheel RPM etc.)?
I want to create firmware for ASI BAC controller. Maybe there is ready image for those controller?

I tried flashing my 850C bought last week and it reached ~85% before failing. I think it's a flash size issue.

Anyone else with this problem? I think it's going to be an issue for 850C from now on if they're using cheaper chips with less flash memory.
Assuming it's a 256k I have, any idea if it's worth using an earlier version that'll fit?

I'm using bootloader method and APT Burn Tools.

edit: seems MBrusa's firmware is the way to sort this one : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=114358&p=1691068&hilit=tsdz2+860c+firmware+MBrusa#p1691167

No! I confirmed the 850C doesn't have enough flash memory and posted an issue to the github repo. Maybe a reduced feature set version would enable the 850C to be used again.

Back