Kuberg Free Rider

skeetab5780 said:
But do the original dirt Kuberg Freeriders have a VIN? I don't think I noticed one stamped on the frame. I would love to ride my Kuberg on the road but its way above moped power so id be tempted to stay with traffic at 50mph which would require a real motorcycle plate/insurance in my state

But there are forum members that have registered Sur-rons as Mopeds without VIN's depending on the state you live in rules are much different. In MA they go by the honor system...which means you can lie if you want on your application, get a sticker and if you get caught by a cop your in trouble now.

also the pegs on that street version seem so much wider than mine! I want them!

an unassembled motorcycle frame won't have a VIN number because its not yet a motor vehicle, just parts.. off-road vehicles may not have VIN numbers since its not needed for off-road use.. non-homolgated surron, etc likely will have manufacturer serial number to track production series etc.. but a serial number is not a VIN number.. many states require VIN number for street legal registration.. without VIN number the vehicle may likely require inspection by state law enforcement to check vehicle compliance with state law during the VIN application process.. so check with local DMV to ensure the vehicle is compliant for your location and use before purchase.. some states are easy, some more difficult, but some states it is not even possible to register without manufacturer VIN number (unless/ until they change the laws)..

vin-number.jpg

Fully assembled Kuberg Freerider sold by Kuberg, has a VIN number. BTW, Kuberg Florida is Kuberg's own distribution centre, not a dealer. So they certainly would be a good source of information.

mxs said:
Fully assembled Kuberg Freerider sold by Kuberg, has a VIN number. BTW, Kuberg Florida is Kuberg's own distribution centre, not a dealer. So they certainly would be a good source of information.

Pics or it didn't happen! I haven't gotten a chance to search my bike frame for a vin/serial number

Hi, I'm riding a Kuberg freerider 'Street Edition', for the past few months now...
(I have one from the first batch delivered)It should be available this summer in the US.
Maybe I can help you out answering questions you might have about it.

407kubitrail07-coin3ip-web-06.jpg

Also, I'll be making it Solar in the next months/years.. And you can help (via my patreon: /coin3ip)

How fast does it go? How many amp hours is the battery 15? What power is the controller? Does it have a switch to make it street legal? What is your height and weight? Are you jelous your has mini tires and mine has normal sized? :)

ahaha :)
So, I'm gonna use metric system for y answers :)
speed: 45km/h (limited)
battery: 22Ah (1kW 48V) (also, they sell an optional 30Ah battery - 1.5kW)
controller: 4kW (3.5kW exactly)
There's no switch to make it street legal. the controller is a specific one. You can't add their Streamport, sadly.
Also, I'm not sure their other controllers support the secondary electric system (for lights, horns, etc..).
So, it can become tricky to even replace the 4kW controller for the 8 or 12, if you loose lights and other street legal features... (but I'm not sure about that, and been told controller upgrade was possible (but it was months before the release, and didn't ask again then because 4kW is enough for me)
I'm 1.85m and 65kgs. (so I still have around 20kgs to spare for the solar charger until reaching bike's carrying weight limit)
Oh, I prefer the tiny wheels :) they make the design look more balanced (looks like a mini-supermoto <3 )

autonomy-wise, I do 20kms for 1hour charge. or 30kms for 2h charge (from full battery). Then I get to the flashing blue-red led.
I could probably squeeze another 5 kms after that, who knows.. But I'm trying to manage battery's lifespan as best as I can.

thanks for the detailed answers on the new street version sounds like a nice ride! Even though its very slow I'm at atleast double that speed with only about twice the power. You have no off-road mode to go faster?

22ah is nice for the battery they used to use 15ah I think( how the heck do they fit 30ah in the space low C cells?)

you are 6 feet tall and like the mini tires? Most people over 6ft at a minimum change the front wheel to a 24" MTB

im 6' 3" and I like my bike being super tall, I can just barely tippy toe my bike when on it and I weigh 230lbs, you weigh a lot less though so your suspension is a lot happier than mine in sure

I have difficulties walking. I fell sick a few years ago and couldn't stand or walk more than a few meters. I still can't walk very long, or stand, or even sit, for a long time. So I really like that standing up on the ground, my butt is still higher than the seat. The all thing feels .. manageable. the sitting position feels relaxing, and makes me want to cruise slowly (like when riding a crowded bike lane)
I'm using the first mode (smoother - lowest torque) and I don't go very fast off-road (for the moment, I'm just enjoying being able to go out and off-road by myself again). So even though there's no mode to go faster, I'm ok with that. Sometimes I'd like to, but it's on the long straight inter-city roads.

Oh, also, riding on the streets at 45km/h with those maxxis tires absolutely ruins them so quickly.. brakepads too...
3 months and I had to change the rear tire and will change rear brakepads next week or so...

(for the battery, I don't know... I'd like to open one, but I'll wait for when I have a second one :) just in case)

oh, for size comparison between me and the bike
kubitrail05-coin3ip-web-04.jpg

Looks good! Glad to see your more mobile and able to get out on the e-bike for freedom! That is very important in this life of ours, I couldn't imagine not being able to get around on my own.

nice gear, I ride with a full face moto too it makes me feel more comfortable and I try to remember my gloves since I lost a few knuckles a few year back on a bad spill.

Thanks for the feedback on the stock tires they do look like they would wear fast with road use, but what about the seat? I cannot believe you say nothing about it and ride this thing like a daily commuter?

I'm ok with the seat. I ride standing up most of the time. I think I remember feeling it a little bit hard at first (compared to the one I tried prior to buying the bike), but I don't notice that anymore. of course, it would be more comfortable if it was a few centimeters wider, or go further front (when breaking and entering a curve). Beside that I think it's fine.

For the helmet, I had a friend who got a scar slashing his all face because of a two-part helmet (removable front chin), and would be dead with an open front helmet. I really don't feel safe at all without a full helmet.

I can't ride without the knee/shin guards too, as I use my knee to control the bike, and they 'bang' on it. Gloves, same.. handles feel weird without the gloves.
Right now it's so hot here that I don't wear upper body protection, as it's not directly in contact with the bike.. (and don't have enough money to buy proper boots yet)

For now, it's tires and brakepads. All my Patreon money goes for that. Next real investment will be for a (non-mobile) direct solar charger for testing the feasibility of the mobile one I'm designing. That will be the real fun :)

I just realized there was a picture of mine in the previous page of this thread :)
kuberg florida used some on their social media pages.

Kuberg ePit electric track pitbike :

83416316_863675674087375_2884211233802682368_o.jpg

83980936_2868174213218758_4707297548124028928_o.jpg

[youtube]3EELYzkwHo0[/youtube]

Parameters of ePit
WEIGHT: 85kg
POWER: 16kW
MAXIMUM SPEED: 100km / h
ACCELERATION 0-60km / h: 2 seconds
BATTERY CAPACITY: 60V 27A

WARNING: Beware, driving on ePit is highly addictive!

ePit is a unique ¾ electric two-wheeled machine specially developed for driving in Pitland.

Its design allows easy and safe training of driving skills, both for advanced racers and for beginners.."

pitland.cz

confine2-coin3ip-web-01.jpg

Hi there! I'm back.. I received the panels I'm gonna use for my prototype direct solar charger for my freerider :)
MPPT has been a bit delayed, and the building of the structure too, but I'm still hopeful for having it done and testing it by this summer.

here is the 3D sketch of what the charger is expected to look like :)
https://skfb.ly/6Q9nt

stay safe everyone!

elhartigus said:
skeetab5780 said:
I don't think they actually have a longer swingarm option, if they do its news to me.

they only have a front wheel option on the website, and a really expensive battery and controller
Yl1RIydD-sU1ljsmxrw2DgSQN8oshc6bjt66sadwffDpS7neNm1W8FpbBT0G1Nro_cCQmZ9hY1PlyCpLS7DHcP9iKqdkHu4ycU1l-NyNzk8DwkqAcTnZeHVhqJc1A8moPz87CE4P260UJuNiX6wMz6uSAnK0FdZIDUVceCW_fuFCS5xSdYFAozpxyLwSzXFGSGW46Kp463VHWfmdgNi438OZ5dsbmm7AoOu8QuamrNFErU4fBzB6rnmspGm0YvJ657Z3JF51ZcUYQXki0cBPiIbZoh1679DQFNOvQ1juyo2bZye471AhOkhYaVsdk3hPs4xjVXQjSByPR5aOUmtmpT56H-qQE3f9F8rywKZTe9VYbInb8ObZD8quR6t0mZJyeWh70CScuPXVnphU5ckeLMQPGUPa1bqIFHVycpR6SyJhIufB8naW5VaEDWRQhp6wNg1y-lh-ER0VNmDByKZOQy_cjSlHTtwD5CAx5YdMFtVocIPZ_d66NWZCnO3zGeY0sc-fY8qhZfvIVjgNAwhola56q_r3T4U94g1dSxN2l87bmBsSBKxA__ks0kE7OoMwPCpeBhN6xUgwCS1-aHyWJzrw7TowOy1jCLIumP4=w436-h775-no

Kuberg offers it but its new for 2018. Still not in the US at this point. I will get some pictures.

There are a few videos on Youtube now of the California test rides, you can see a few of the bikes have the new extended swingarm with 24" wheels...about time Kuberg

edit good luck on solar charge setup OP

This is on AliExpress right now. The frame is $490, the motor and controller is $460, both incl. shipping. Seems like a clone to me. Rear sprocket is different. Motor is smaller. Frame looks simpler in the under seat area. Clone or not seems like it’s too small. Unless you like that little wheel ride and look, fine if you do. Genuine new Honda grom frames are $130 for comparison.

Attachments

• E90C0A32-404B-4D1E-89C0-B0273C9EEC5D.jpeg
    E90C0A32-404B-4D1E-89C0-B0273C9EEC5D.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,436
thats obviously a clone Kubergs are like $5k or more. Look like a decent little motor but like a 12 fet 2500w controller
Kuberg motors mount to the drive face, they are not floor mounted...so that kit doesnt match the pictures FYI

Either way that is a good price for a frame only! really cheap...I paid almost three times that but i was also the first person to do a ground up Kuberg frame build that i see anyway...extending the rear swingarm and larger wheels is a must for tall people. I actually need to lower my seat height now since its too tall for me and i'm 6'3". Id like to lower the rear shock mount about 1" so im not on my tippy toes

I saw a kuberg freerider build on another forum, where they lowered the seat by lowering the Battery enclosure so that it extends down through the frame instead of upwards.. notice the unutilized space between the front tire and frame under suspension compression.. maybe worth considering so as not to change the rear suspension dynamics??

That is probably a much smarter idea, but the way the seat stay is designed and how tight my LIPO pack is inside the area i cannot alter it in any way to make it lower unless i get a custom seat fabricated (this will likely be easiest) since my seat is basically a klx110 seat screwed in place its atleast an inch or more taller than it needs to be in reality

i honestly like the void area you are talking about and id rather not change battery location

Hey there :) So.. today I've been able to connect the all system and check... and apparently.. It works!!!
So Direct Solar Charging the freerider is a GO!
I'll be testing everything properly during the summer (I first need a frame for the panels and a support for the MPPT - and get a way smaller MPPT) and will be posting all that stuff on my patreon and discord server (all major updates will obviously be shared everywhere :) )
For the moment, it just works. I still have no idea if it works well or not. ^^

EZRvmJOXkAIsBb2

Kuberg Ranger Electric Motorcycle First Look :
Scooter/dirt bike hybrid with powerful 14,000-watt motor..

[youtube]4TCe72HeJ8I[/youtube]

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/kuberg-ranger-electric-motorcycle-first-look/

Thing is a beast, although i like it better with the optional seat! I doubt i would enjoy standing for an hour on trail rides

edit: apparently the seat comes with the scooter, it telescopes up/out when you need it

gustesta said:
Please, is the kuberg a good jumper?

Yes depending on how heavy the rider is since the bike is fairly lightweight

Hey guys,

Im trying to upgrade my rear tire on my Freerider. It is still running the stock 20 x 2.5 creepy crawler tires. I misread a previous comment stating that a Shinko Sr241 trails tire in size 16x3 would fit so I ordered one and it was way too big for the rim. Is there a smaller size tire that would fit my stock wheel size?

Hi Paco, I didn't find any good option to just upgrade the tires on the 20" wheels.
But now, they sell 'moto' wheels for the freerider. using 14" wheels and Kenda trials tires.
(basically, it's two rear wheels from the Challenger/ranger. I'm supposed to receive them tomorrow (my front wheel hub just exploded 2 weeks ago for no reason, 3 days after ordering the new wheels. Also, I've seen in a video that they now use "moto" wheels and kenda tires on every models. I would advise to use those wheels instead of the stock ones.

Also, I've just posted my 'Guide to Direct Solar Charge the Kuberg Freerider' :)

https://www.danslecoin.net/direct-solar-charging

ps: (no giant picture this time ;) )

I ordered a Freerider on 08-19-2020 and have heard nothing at all from them. The transaction cleared my credit card. No one will answer my emails. Has anyone had this problem in 2020?

Back