SilentEnduro conversions

Why not make that into an electric supermoto? A perfect quiet, light weigh and super quick hooligan bike for urban riding.

SilentEnduro said:
New conversion, Light(Soft) Enduro now, Beta with kelly 7230, QS 205 and 21s battery.
Will it have a chance to offroad fun?)))

257714101_213148.jpg

Could You specify more of your build. 21S of what (Lipo or Life)
Sprocket tooth
motor kv and so on.

Karolis said:
Could You specify more of your build. 21S of what (Lipo or Life)
Sprocket tooth
motor kv and so on.
A bit later, on FB... now need to check battery on that bike =(

macribs said:
Why not make that into an electric supermoto? A perfect quiet, light weigh and super quick hooligan bike for urban riding.
Just customer request =)

btw, new video in English on Youtube

SilentEnduro said:
macribs said:
Just customer request =)

btw, new video in English on Youtube!

Great news. Off to watch your youtube channel :thumb:

Btw. Nice save on top of the hill, slippery conditions with fresh snow. But you saved it :wink:

SilentEnduro said:
SilverLine said:
So Votol vs. Kelly ??

hope in nearest future we will have a chance to compare them all in one day and one place.

BTW, folks, what tests of e-conversions would be interesting? (like - long hill, range test, top speed etc)

long hill? sure. what about this:
0-60, 0-80, 0-100?
does it wheelie? if so, what is the top speed it can pop a wheelie? /gear ratio, bA, weight pls/
just my 2c

how about some jump tests .. are these type builds good at the track as well as Enduro, trail riding.. or maybe some water crossings.. are they sealed up at all for submersion ?? great builds:) 8)

Wow, thanks)
So for now we have for test:
Short hill
A steep climb
Long sandy climb
Jump from the spot in front of the kicker
Jump from the rolling
MX track test (best time?)
Wheelie from 0km/h
Top speed for wheelie
Speed test (0-60) GPS
Max speed test GPS
Water crossing (maybe)))

will be interesting...

SilentEnduro said:
Alive again, after 3rd motor change :)

QS 205, Kelly 8430H, Saft vl41m 22s battery (88v), 3.25 reduction ratio.

Chain looks very slack in the photo, even for MX riding.

Do you have info about using qs205 as a mid drive?

Cheers
Tyler

Great thanks. Love your bikes. Do you post any more details about build specs, 205 motor for mid drive etc?

Cheers
Tyler

Everything that I can find shows the 205 and 138 as hub motors that are only rated around 3000W. But the pictures don't look like they use hub motors. Am I missing something? I'm new to this so thats possible, but my electric skateboard has a 3000W motor and weighs a lot less and goes a lot slower than a motorcycle.

Not really sure what you are asking but I will try to answer my best.
Both the 205 and the 138 can perform much more the the rated 3000 w. The 205 is often seen as a hub motor but it can be used as a mid engine too. One bike that uses a hub motor in a mid motor setup is the Vortex from Vector ebike. You can google that too see how it all works.

I don't know what kind of skate board you got or how their motors are rated, but believe me those ratings might be the same on paper, but likely not even on paper. Your board if likely giving you absolute peak power, power so hi motor(s) can only take if for very few seconds without overheating. Then there is the torque. I can say for sure your board is no way near those to motors when it comes to torque. And they are not giving you peak power. 3000 w for them are continuous power. 205 happily crank out 15 kw of power. The other I never owned and tested but could be even in the 20's with the right controller.

If you are fearing underpower units. Just go bigger from the start. After all bigger even if not always better in all imaginable ways bigger is always more fun.

Thank you for replying, that does answer most of my confusions.
For me, it makes it hard to compare motors when their ratings are inaccurate, even if it's for the better. After looking at the Vortex, it seems like somewhat of a hassle to mount a hub motor as a mid drive. The axle has to be very secured as mentioned when I look at most other conversion threads. Most of the bikes in this thread do a very good job of hiding their motors so it is hard to see how it's assembled, but the Vortex leaves it fairly exposed. I know they are IP rated, but more protection isn't a bad thing in off-road vehicles. It also takes up extra space where the spokes would normally attach.
I have a 6374 Brushless Outrunner motor, the kind most use on esk8's. It is rated up to ~50 volts, not in the hundreds like these. Yeah I get they are different vehicles and such, but it still requires a certain amount of power to move a certain weight a distance in an amount of time. The larger motors move much more weight longer distances and faster, but at the same power rating on paper, which is why I was confused. Is there a wiki or thread that discusses how motors compare to each other in real world? Or a calculator for determining how much power is enough for each situation? I have been reading around, but mostly searching for specific scenarios as I find out about new products.
I am all for going bigger, but weight and wallet thickness are limiting factors for me.
Thanks for the help

Jellybean said:
Thank you for replying, that does answer most of my confusions.
For me, it makes it hard to compare motors when their ratings are inaccurate, even if it's for the better. After looking at the Vortex, it seems like somewhat of a hassle to mount a hub motor as a mid drive. The axle has to be very secured as mentioned when I look at most other conversion threads. Most of the bikes in this thread do a very good job of hiding their motors so it is hard to see how it's assembled, but the Vortex leaves it fairly exposed. I know they are IP rated, but more protection isn't a bad thing in off-road vehicles. It also takes up extra space where the spokes would normally attach.
I have a 6374 Brushless Outrunner motor, the kind most use on esk8's. It is rated up to ~50 volts, not in the hundreds like these. Yeah I get they are different vehicles and such, but it still requires a certain amount of power to move a certain weight a distance in an amount of time. The larger motors move much more weight longer distances and faster, but at the same power rating on paper, which is why I was confused. Is there a wiki or thread that discusses how motors compare to each other in real world? Or a calculator for determining how much power is enough for each situation? I have been reading around, but mostly searching for specific scenarios as I find out about new products.
I am all for going bigger, but weight and wallet thickness are limiting factors for me.
Thanks for the help

The big difference there is that the Turnigy/Hobbyking motors are somewhat overrated and designed for a completely different application; they're typically used for model airplanes where the propeller screws just about directly into the can. Air is a viscous load, so in that realm they only see full load at full speed (in which scenario they're also putting out peak power while sitting in the center of a massive airstream), which means you can run them harder without overheating and damaging them. They're also wound for that (149rpm/V, which translates to 7500rpm or so at 50V). The QS205 is rated to 52A continuous, 104A peak, and is wound to 6-16 rpm per volt, which means you can push the voltage a lot higher (at 16 rpm/V and 120V you'd have 1920rpm, which isn't all that fast, but 120V at 104A is 12.5kW).

I would be interested in someone installing and testing the denzel d9000 kit the torque numbers are very high at 72v stating 100nm?

Hey folks!
We would like to invite you to our new telegram channel https://t.me/silentenduro
There will be posts about all electric enduro related stuff in English.
Topics - bike build process, battery making, developing new devices etc.
Also there will be comments and discussion behind each post so you will get answers promptly.
Let's connect all electric enduro riders/builders all around the world.

Happy New Year!

photo_2020-12-25_15-30-26.jpg

Back