Troubleshooting KT Motor controller opensource STM8 family

thunderbolt

1 µW
Hello I'm new to the community here, I looked into Casainho and Stance work on the opensource firmware for KT controllers here
https://github.com/stancecoke/BMSBattery_S_controllers_firmware
I do have KT controller/like which uses STM8S207 44 pin QFP. The entire firmware is built for STM105C 48 pins QFP, wondering what are the changes in the repo I may have to do to burn the EEPROM?
Any help is highly appreciated
Thanks

Hello,
I flashed the 48V setting on a "9 MOSFET KT CONTROLLER", the motor doesn't spin. I'm wondering if I had to chose only 6 or 12 MOSFETs controller...not sure...any help is appreciated
Thanks,
thunderbolt

Did you recompile the source 4 the correct type of microcontroller or did you just flash the binary?

Creating open source firmware for your controller with a different microcontroller is likely a project on it's own.
First, you will need to take the schematics of the kuteng the firmware is designed 4. You will need a list with all cpu pins and what they do in the controller.
Next, you will need the same for your controller so you can compare if the io's are identical used. If they aren't, it needs to be adjusted in the source code. Obviously, you will also need to check if the open source code isn't using a cpu feature that might not exist or work differently on your cpu. (For instance timers or even clock speed could be different.)

Back