Storm Bee electric dirt bike

Arent the US and China “supposedly” meeting/signing some kind of Trade agreement on JAN 15 ? maybe the tariffs will decrease a bit.

I bought the light be few months ago from Milton. I received the last updated version in a delay of few weeks shipped door to door without any particular issues. He is reliable seller although delivery time is not accurate. All together the transaction went smoothlly. The advantage is that you get the last version direct from the factory and the price is a bit cheaper. Also, uboque for the US market - you can order the street legal version which I needed.

You ordered the homologated (L1E) Light Bee from Milton, delivered to a US address ?

Were you then able to fully register it in your city/state just bc it has turn signals and such ? Or bc milton supplied special paperwork ?

It comes with all lights. It has a VIN number. I have not registered it. Instead I ordered the pedals kit and prefer to use it as e bike. It was shipped by FedEx to NY.

Nice ! Never yet seen an L1E in the US.

Did you have to separately pay a tariff and/or additional tax after what you paid JIESUTE/milton ?

PS
Dont mean to take thread OT. Just hashing out one ordering process for individuals, which should also be relevant to Storm Bee.

Boom Storm said:
Nice ! Never yet seen an L1E in the US.

Did you have to separately pay a tariff and/or additional tax after what you paid JIESUTE/milton ?

PS
Dont mean to take thread OT. Just hashing out one ordering process for individuals, which should also be relevant to Storm Bee.

I don’t think you can expect importing a Storm bee to be as straightforward as a Light bee for example.
The Storm bee when packed will probably be 3 times the weight and they have little chance of mis-declaring it as a bicycle as they do with the Light bee bikes.

Though of course more expensive to ship 325lb, why not as straightforward for nonEU ?

Granted, US buyers cannot expect to avoid the current 25% tariff on eMotorcyles > 1000w.

what country are you in.. looks like late summer b4 it hits the EU and AU market.. usa, who knows.. bc Luna is not a licensed motorcycle dealer (yet?)..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
what country are you in.. looks like late summer b4 it hits the EU and AU market.. usa, who knows.. bc Luna is not a licensed motorcycle dealer (yet?)..

What are basing this timeframe on? The hype marketing surrounding this product has been consistent for almost a year now

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
usa, who knows.. bc Luna is not a licensed motorcycle dealer (yet?)..
Hmm, they sell the LBX and that is arguably much more motorcycle than bicycle. So now b/c the Storm looks even more like a "motorcycle", they need to be a licensed dealer ?

Does anybody know how to replace the brake lever? Mine broke, I ordered a lever only but trying to assemble , the white pin does not click into the cylinder and does not push the piston in.
Does it mean that I should replace also the cylinder and what are the options?

where did you get the bike and did you contact them for parts or service?? maybe time for upgrade instead of replacement?? are you on any of the surron fb groups???

If they are able to have them approved as street legal (L3e vehicle in the EU) then it would be the ideal commuter/city motard with a set of 17" street rims&tires during the work week. Then you can switch them for an off road set for the weekend trips :thumb:
Being street legal would seriously increase their market share!

Just what we need: EVs being ridden recklessly in traffic by idiots. THIS should get them legalized in the US! Not.

LeftieBiker said:
Just what we need: EVs being ridden recklessly in traffic by idiots. THIS should get them legalized in the US! Not.

Are you referring to the video above? I thought he was very cautious with his riding in traffic. Looks like the ideal bike in and around town/city on road tires. Light, nimble and fast enough to get you out of trouble. And a more "adult" size then the Light Bee. Curious what the price is/will be.

Yes, I was referring to the video above. Just because the guy was looking at intersections to save his own butt, that isn't the same as not cutting off other drivers and getting too close to them when going around them.

Back