PV NextGen FOC 100-180v 36kw max - $799

Pretty sure it will work. The switching frequency can go up to 60Khz. New controllers are configured to run at 25-30kHz by default.
We shipped only to a limited number of testers so far and making changes based on the feedback. The controller design is undergoing the major overhaul at the moment, lot's of safety and reliability features are being added. The price will likely go up as the result. We hope to restart production in May.

tylerwatts said:
Hi powervelocity.
Do you have any experience running big RC motors with your controllers? Such as Turnigy CA120 outrunner with low inductance values? What pwm frequency can/do your controllers run at?
Please share any working examples or owner threads of such combinations.
Thank you

Cheers
Tyler

Edited typo spelling autocorrect...

Hello,

I’m new to the EV movement and I’m getting my feet wet with an ekart build. Wondering if your new controller will work for my application?? I’m using a ME 1507 motor (sin/cosin) and a Curtis style throttle PB-6 3-wire. I’m building a 96v battery for it. Will your new controller run this motor and throttle??

Thanks
0BE4CF87-79B7-44BB-84F1-4BEC3BA80EC7.jpeg

505A5A7E-DF08-49D1-8F58-741C847F4ED5.jpeg

1E9E641C-E573-4577-AD43-3AF2118F0ABF.jpeg

So, I want to get on the pre order list but your asking for “Product Customization”. Not sure what to ask for or if I even need any?? Being new at this I’m not up on all the lingo yet...Sorry. This controller from the specs looks pretty universal or “do-all” thus you wouldn’t need to ask for more customizing. I guess a list of customizations that I could check-off on would help then I would know what’s available or not for customizing.

Can’t wait to order one.

Thanks

Pre-orders are currently closed. Should re-open in a couple of weeks.

vwgo said:
So, I want to get on the pre order list but your asking for “Product Customization”. Not sure what to ask for or if I even need any?? Being new at this I’m not up on all the lingo yet...Sorry. This controller from the specs looks pretty universal or “do-all” thus you wouldn’t need to ask for more customizing. I guess a list of customizations that I could check-off on would help then I would know what’s available or not for customizing.

Can’t wait to order one.

Thanks

Just a quick update that we haven't been sleeping during the pandemic but tried to use this downtime to make some serious improvements in the design. Here are some highlights.

- The controller is now three board semi-sandwiched design:
a) Al substrate power stage at the bottom interfacing directly with the heatsink
b) The mid board with DC link capacitance, drivers, and sensing circuits on top of the power stage
c) The control/brain board plugged into the DC link board

Among other added features, here are some to mention:
electronically controlled integrated contactor/disconnect with pre-charge circuit, integrated Bluetooth and WiFi for effortless over-the-air updates and possible future cloud integrations, expansion ports for optional SD card for data logging, and GPS/GSM for alarm/tracking.

These improvements will bump up the final price of the controller but pre-orders will be honored the price already paid.

750.jpg

What's the timeline of these being ready to buy and be installed on my bike?Few weeks or months?Need a new controller soon for my bike.

Wow you guys are really going all in. Glad to see it. Nuc aside the controller market was stagnated and it's good to see companies beginning to push the envelope and actually release controllers with a feature set past the basic stuff we've grown accustomed to seeing. I look forward to seeing user feedback once they're finally released.

Just started my first eeb build and really looking forward to using one of these bad boys! Gonna go with a qs 273 this would totally be rediculous with a 30s pack :bigthumb:

When are these expected to ship? I'll be rebuilding my ebike this fall/winter. I've waited years for this. Thank you so much for making this! my current 10kw is starting to feel slow : (

Is it bulk charging or via BMS with display of all individual cells voltage (similar to adaptto?)

Nucular controller is charged through phase wires and modulates psu charger voltage. Is this a feature of Nextgen Foc as well? Thanks!

strapped to my body? yuck!

But OK, long as the handlebar mount is secure, big numbers simple display for old eyes slow brain

You don't have to. There is a handlebar mountable bike version.
The wearable watch version is for those applications where you actually want it to be strapped to. Think of efoils/surfboards, e-skateboards, etc.

john61ct said:
strapped to my body? yuck!

But OK, long as the handlebar mount is secure, big numbers simple display for old eyes slow brain

Any news of when I can order a controller?What might be the time frame of this being ready?

I am thinking we should have production running in July and will start accumulating the stock.

In the meanwhile, I've run acceleration and variable regen braking tests on the latest version of the controller yesterday, and it's running solid on my bike. Pulls strong, very little heat on the case even though I intentionally dropped the controller into the enclosed frame to restrict the airflow. Installed outside, it would be doing even better, likely staying at ambient temperature most of the time. The metal core power stage does its job well.

I am also seeing a good efficiency bump in comparison with single shunt controllers which would be expected from three phase in line sensing. The torque feels natural, smooth and precise.

I might need a couple more testers to have a better sample of different motors and setups. If you have a good testing rig and have experience/knowledge working on electric vehicles, please PM. I can offer a discount in exchange for proper testing but you have to be set up for that.

micah78 said:
Any news of when I can order a controller?What might be the time frame of this being ready?

Alright July sounds great!!I look forward to the upgrade from the controller I have now.

Back