TSDZ2 open source firmware only for KT-LCD3 (v0.19.0 / v.0.20.0beta1)

Yeh I just did the same and I have done some programming however there are lots of changes to variables too which could also be important..

eg..
was ui8_tx_buffer[5] = 58 now ui8_tx_buffer[5] = 0;
was ui8_tx_buffer[6] = 0 now ui8_tx_buffer[6] = 1
what is this all about, can I just ignore it ?

I could just do the most obvious stuff and trial and error but it would be just plain luck if it worked !! :confused:

jbalat said:
Yeh I just did the same and I have done some programming however there are lots of changes to variables too which could also be important.. ....
I think one of the reasons the changes are so huge is that the 850C code is build based on v.0.19, like v.0.20 is too
So v.0.20 and the 850C code are parallel improvements of v.0.19 and not a follow up.
It is not difficult to read and understand small parts of the code, but to see the importance and connections between variables and files is difficult to understand without programming experience.

Casainho has been updating the 850c code so it's pretty much in par with the 20b1 code in terms of functionality.

Not sure if it would just be easier to get the 850c code to talk with the ktlcd3 ?

jbalat said:
Casainho has been updating the 850c code so it's pretty much in par with the 20b1 code in terms of functionality.

Not sure if it would just be easier to get the 850c code to talk with the ktlcd3 ?
For what I know the development for KTlcd3 and 850C was on par till v.0.19 stable.
After that Buba has updated the FW to v.020b1 for KTlcd3 and Casainho to v.0.50 for 850C.
Casainho never updated to v.020b1 for 850C.
Buba has done a lot of optimizations due to the limited memory space of the KTlcd3.
Casainho has added a lot of functionality too, based on his own ideas.
For 850C memory space is no issue, so I think it wouldn't be easy to do, if even possible.
If only the improved higher cadence option could be added to v.0.20b1. I think that would be enough.

I flashed the mbrusa fix, but walk assist doesn't seem to be working. I have it enabled in settings and get the walk icon but it doesn't move. Or is there a bug somewhere?

Also, what assist mode are you using? Torque or power? I'm setting up the bike for my GF, I enabled torque assist at first but I believe it requires more input vs power mode. (but didn't adjust multipliers too much, probably why it was giving less assistance)

mbrusa said:
With the first version released, walk assist was not working, then I had made updates.
Try this which is the latest versionTSDZ2-v0.20.1-update_fix_overrun-LCD3_version.zip.

mbrusa,
Is this the same version you improved for me and I'm using?
I'm very happy with it!

Hello ,
Sorry I quite new here.
I had a TSDZ2 36V motor with opensource firmware made. Yesterday I was very happy to see It's working after I setup following your features and configurations for version 0.18.X. I obtain 550 Watt power and for my hill was very good , but when I stop suddenly my display KT LCD3 became like in this photo
and stop working, after that the display start blinking . First of all I push the Power button to stop, but didn't make it, so I disconnected from the battery and I started again with the Power button, but when I push the button appear on the display again like in the photo and remains like that ,I checked the battery the wires seems to be good.
Please help me, I do not know what to do anymore !!
Thank you

Attachments

• 2020-05-11_16-18-14.png
    2020-05-11_16-18-14.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,339
flo said:
Hello ,
Sorry I quite new here.
I had a TSDZ2 36V motor with opensource firmware made. Yesterday I was very happy to see It's working after I setup following your features and configurations for version 0.18.X. I obtain 550 Watt power and for my hill was very good , but when I stop suddenly my display KT LCD3 became like in this photo
and stop working, after that the display start blinking . First of all I push the Power button to stop, but didn't make it, so I disconnected from the battery and I started again with the Power button, but when I push the button appear on the display again like in the photo and remains like that ,I checked the battery the wires seems to be good.
Thank you
It is probably an issue with wires from the motor to the display. The display like that means there are no communication, so, probably the wires are damaged or the motor controller is not working.

flo said:
Thank you
Hi
If you have brake sensors unplug them and try again. A faulty sensor will cause that screen on power up. And if you’ve fitted a throttle take that off as well. Otherwise follow casainho’s advice.

Thanks guys for your advice.

Can anybody say me there is a difference between kt lcd3 and kt lcd8 regarding to replace the kt lcd3 with a kt lcd8 ?

So something didn't work well and I thought to change the controller and the display with a Kt lcd 8.
So is the same procedure to flash the Tsdz2 with Kt lcd8 ?
Is working ?

Best regards
Flo

flo said:
Thanks guys for your advice.

Can anybody say me there is a difference between kt lcd3 and kt lcd8 regarding to replace the kt lcd3 with a kt lcd8 ?

So something didn't work well and I thought to change the controller and the display with a Kt lcd 8.
So is the same procedure to flash the Tsdz2 with Kt lcd8 ?
Is working ?

Best regards
Flo

This is the first time I've even heard of the LCD8.
Does anyone know if it's as good in direct sunlight as the LCD3?
Does it have more memory so it can handle the newest firmware updates?
Can it be flashed without taking apart?
If all the answers are yes then it could be worth the time to get it to work with the current firmware!
If not just upgrade to the 860C.

without a coder I'm afraid we have no choice but to go to a supported display

I dont mind the sw102 but not sure whether it can display the same information as the kt-lcd3 and whether the code is stable to use ?

http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2018-cu-aacd

jbalat said:
without a coder I'm afraid we have no choice but to go to a supported display

I dont mind the sw102 but not sure whether it can display the same information as the kt-lcd3 and whether the code is stable to use ?

http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2018-cu-aacd
I find the sw102 stable. It is a nice display.

hello, with firmware 0.20.0 I soldered the temperature sensor to the controller. can I eliminate it and use the same cables to put the accelerator? thanks

hello, with firmware 0.20.0 I soldered the temperature sensor to the controller. can I eliminate it and use the same cables to put the accelerator? thanks

Of course it's the same signal wire but if you want a throttle you shpuld have bought a bafang, the beauty of this motor is it's torque sensor, enjoy ;)

If you hold the down button while moving then cruise control will kick in and give you a rest, this should be good enough. I think the temperature sensor is worth keeping

http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78456

the sensor is managed by the bluetooth card

"by winwar84 » Jun 02 2020 5:36pm

http://www.jobike.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78456

the sensor is managed by the bluetooth card"

Hello, it is possible but you have to install the TSDZ2-ESP32 card of the Mspider65 project, the discussion can also be found here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=103318
Project on gthub:
https://github.com/TSDZ2-ESP32/TSDZ2-ESP32-Wiki/wiki

winwar84 said:

Or, you could utilize the 'cruise'-function and keep things kosher as it should be. *cough* :wink:

Got a sudden problem with 0.19 The motor will not torque assist at all. The thumb throttle works, Cruise works, walk assist works, speed sensor is reading correctly and a duplicate ktlcd3 display produces the same result. But pedalling receives no assistance at all. Reading the configuration menu, advanced setup 9, whilst riding the motor is seeing torque being applied and the other numbers such as cadence seem correct.

The next steps are, after having another look for anything obvious:
a) disconnect the throttle since if this is functioning that will stop the torque assistance - but would have thought the threshold for that before it operates would be much greater
b) reflash 0.19 and if nothing
c) take the motor off and replace the controller

Sometimes when you’ve been mucking about with these motors for some time you miss the obvious but I’m stuck. Grateful for any help.

What was the last thing you did ? Did you flash anything or did it just stop working out of the blue ?
Surprised why you aren't using v20b1

Btw there has been some talk about option bytes and torque lately. If you can refresh your option bytes it may fix this assuming nothing is wrong with the torque sensor. I assume you have a backup ?

It was the throttle. It had only rarely been used and was “stiff” so the spring never fully returned but never opened enough to move the bike. As an explanation it sounds fanciful because it assumes that the physical throttle ADC value the software sees before assuming the throttle is in use must be pretty low. Could be the fairies which screwed it up came back overnight to fix it.

This is the only bike that has the throttle, all the rest have the temperature device fitted.

Back