Commercially available ebike using power tool battery packs.

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
Has anyone tried , tested or even seen one of these Ozito ebikes that use their universal powertool battery packs ?
Ozito is a chinese brand that produces a range of (cheap ?) cordless power tools that are retailed through the Bunnings stores in Australia.
Its obviously just a cheap bike with a 250w hub motor, but its the first commercially available tool pack powered on i have seen.
I believe the full retail price is Au$1999.
https://ozito.com.au/main/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/PXC-BIKE-KIT-Online-Manual-COMBINED-Ed1.pdf
fC6WvX.png

999zip999 said:
There are a lot of better bicycles for the money.

You think it’s expansive?
Wait to see how much more is the one with a cord for the same range. :mrgreen:

Don't like to brag, but I've never had any complaints on the size of my cord.

Love the box it comes in. The specs are OK for a 250 W bike, and I like the idea of using power tool batteries. But the price seems way out of line. My entry level Ancheer is a similar bike, and it only costs around $600-$650 USD, depending on who you get it from. That price included free shipping to my door in the US. This is my second one, and they've proven to be very reliable bikes. I get about 20 MPH after removing the little speed limiter loop wire on the controller.

I won the NZ ebikes in Ozitos father's Day comp. I love it. It eats Wellington hills and winds and makes riding a real pleasure. The tools are great and I have ridden to friends places and used the bikes batteries to power my tools they are so easy to exchange between units.
bike is fairly light for an ebikes and quite nimble. The brakes are excellent and the gears change smoothly.
I use it mostly as a city bike I have not done any serious offroading on it tho.
If it had a mirror, bag capable carriers and a decent set of lights it would be perfect.
Batteries for the Ozitos tools are so cheap 4amps were on sale in NZ for $59
So I carry a couple of spares if I go for a long ride.
I am a big fan of the bike and get asked about it quite a lot by people who have ozito tools

Back