Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Atrihalov said:
The same problem, when you touch the pedal, the motor cuts all the crap.
When you drive it is somehow not noticeable, but when you are standing at the transition, the pedal hooked, you can jump out onto the road. I watched through the test at this moment the value of the ADC, the sensor sensor jumps.
So not just me then. I have no idea of what setting to try and change.

Suggy said:
Can Someone help me with a change of setting please.
I am working with the new configurator I have changed a few settings but for some reason now when I start pedalling and when I stop pedalling my pedals seems to pull outwards like there is to much torque it is mostly recognisable in eco mode and tour mode it never use to do this. Just wondering if it is a setting or maybe a mechanical problem.
I didn't quite understand what you mean.
Post the first tab of your configuration.

mbrusa said:
Suggy said:
Can Someone help me with a change of setting please.
I am working with the new configurator I have changed a few settings but for some reason now when I start pedalling and when I stop pedalling my pedals seems to pull outwards like there is to much torque it is mostly recognisable in eco mode and tour mode it never use to do this. Just wondering if it is a setting or maybe a mechanical problem.
I didn't quite understand what you mean.
Post the first tab of your configuration.

22.jpg
When i first put power down whether it is from the throttle or the pedals you can feel the pedals hook outwards. You can also feel them hook outwards when you brake.

Suggy said:
When i first put power down whether it is from the throttle or the pedals you can feel the pedals hook outwards. You can also feel them hook outwards when you brake.
There are no wrong settings, all right.
The only difference with my setup is that I haven't enabled the brakes.
Tomorrow I will try to enable them.

mbrusa said:
Suggy said:

Do you mean the brake sensor

mbrusa said:
Suggy said:

IMG_0165.jpg
problem solved the silver nut was loose made a lot of difference lol

emr said:
emr said:
I found this item, which appears to be what we need for the Gear shift sensing as it connects to the existing VLCD5 brake sensor sockets, but it doesn't appear to use 5v source. Unsure how it can work without the 5v. It also has brake sensors suitable for hydraulic brakes...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33060254663.html

HTB1NDGXXND1gK0jSZFKq6AJrVXal.jpg

I purchased one of these gear sensors and have fitted it near the gear changer on the handlebar. I haven't tested on the road but I can confirm it does turn the motor off momentarily (maybe 0.5 of a second (estimated)) when changing gears on the workstand. I suspect it will be the solution to the IGH issue of needing to stop pedalling to allow the hub to change gears.

GearSensor_1.jpg

GearSensor_2.JPG

Hi Emma

I received my gear sensor the other day. However I'm not sure it is working. I have plugged it in bit the light doesn't turn on? I also put a gear cable through it and tried running the motor via the throttle - but it doesn't seem to work at all while I have the gear sensor plugged in. Was there any tricks to install it? I have a bbshd with a gear sensor and they was very straight forward to install.

Thanks

Matt

lupe said:
emr said:
emr said:
I found this item, which appears to be what we need for the Gear shift sensing as it connects to the existing VLCD5 brake sensor sockets, but it doesn't appear to use 5v source. Unsure how it can work without the 5v. It also has brake sensors suitable for hydraulic brakes...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33060254663.html

HTB1NDGXXND1gK0jSZFKq6AJrVXal.jpg

I purchased one of these gear sensors and have fitted it near the gear changer on the handlebar. I haven't tested on the road but I can confirm it does turn the motor off momentarily (maybe 0.5 of a second (estimated)) when changing gears on the workstand. I suspect it will be the solution to the IGH issue of needing to stop pedalling to allow the hub to change gears.

GearSensor_1.jpg

GearSensor_2.JPG

Hi Emma

I received my gear sensor the other day. However I'm not sure it is working. I have plugged it in bit the light doesn't turn on? I also put a gear cable through it and tried running the motor via the throttle - but it doesn't seem to work at all while I have the gear sensor plugged in. Was there any tricks to install it? I have a bbshd with a gear sensor and they was very straight forward to install.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I also had the issue where I couldn't see the small blue LED light illuminate when I moved a cable through the gear sensor. I then made sure the plugs on the gear sensor leads were very firmly pushed into the VLCD5 sockets, and it then started to work.

I don't use a throttle due to having a temperature sensor in the motor (which everyone should have) which disables the throttle,so unsure on that issue. I wouldn't have expected the gear sensor to affect the throttle operation, as the gear sensor is only producing an imitation of a momentary application of the brake.

Cheers Em

Hello everyone. Help me. I flashed the last configuration, indicated that only the inductor and in the configuration file put 1 on the inductor. But the motor does not work from drosel. What else needs to be done?

Atrihalov said:
Hello everyone. Help me. I flashed the last configuration, indicated that only the inductor and in the configuration file put 1 on the inductor. But the motor does not work from drosel. What else needs to be done?
I did not understand the question.
Can you explain yourself better?

Sorry, bad translation. The question is this. Throttle does not work. Programmed the last configuration. In the configuration files, I set the value to 1 to the throttle.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Sorry, bad translation. The question is this. Throttle does not work. Programmed the last configuration. In the configuration files, I set the value to 1 to the throttle.
Have you enabled "Brake sensor"?

The brake sensor did not turn on.

Regarding the hardware calibration method that is described in the Wiki, what exactly do you calibrate when you perform this method? The scale of the sensor? I have 2 bikes with the tsdz2, and on my main bike the difference between right and left pedal is big. Its not a problem when I'm up to a certain speed, it is the force that is needed on the pedal to get assistance from standstill that is a little annoying. I have tuned hat when I push the right side pedal really hard, it starts the assistance. That makes the left side so that I can barely rest my foot on the pedal without the assistance starts. It is a little annoying in the technical trails when trying to get up on the bike, it is not always possible to start with the left foot.

If it wasnt for my other bike which is damn close to perfect, I would have just thought you get what you pay for (this motor is really cheap for what it is capable of after all). If it is an easy way to fix it, I figured it was worth a shot. I tried to read the wiki, but I'm not sure if hardware calibration of the sensor would help this issued with the pedals being so different?

Atrihalov said:
mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Have you enabled "Brake sensor"?

The brake sensor did not turn on.
The brake sensor is not turned on.

Hello to all and a dutiful thanks to all those who contribute with their knowledge and their time.
Over time I have electrified several bicycles with the tsdz2 and thanks to you I find them all fantastic.
Now my question
after analyzing all the various forums (even the Italian one) I don't understand why the SW102 display with 8 pin adapter works with the original sw without the need of bootloader (for example the one sold by eco cycle) and cannot work with the firmware modified by mbrusa (thanks again for the effort)
Of course I don't want to be able to change parameters on the fly just to use it as a command to change assistance levels and to be able to view battery power and speed.
I usually change the parameters only with the java configurator
so I ask you if it is possible to use the SW102 command in place of my current VLCD5 and possibly how to set the java configurator to make it active.

Thanks Luca

Atrihalov said:
Fulfilled all the recommendations, but the motor does not work from the throttle.
If the throttle does not work and the settings in the configurator are ok, it does not depend on the software.
There is probably a problem with the throttle wiring, or with the brake sensors.
Throttle1.jpg
Throttle2.jpg

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Fulfilled all the recommendations, but the motor does not work from the throttle.
If the throttle does not work and the settings in the configurator are ok, it does not depend on the software.
There is probably a problem with the throttle wiring, or with the brake sensors.
Throttle1.jpg
Throttle2.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I do not have brake sensors. The throttle works on factory software. I like how the motor works on your configuration, I need a throttle to start. But alas, it does not work.

Atrihalov said:
Thanks for the advice. I do not have brake sensors. The throttle works on factory software. I like how the motor works on your configuration, I need a throttle to start. But alas, it does not work.
I don't understand if "Brake sensor" is enabled?
It must be enabled even if they are not installed!

Luca68 said:
Hello to all and a dutiful thanks to all those who contribute with their knowledge and their time.
Over time I have electrified several bicycles with the tsdz2 and thanks to you I find them all fantastic.
Now my question
after analyzing all the various forums (even the Italian one) I don't understand why the SW102 display with 8 pin adapter works with the original sw without the need of bootloader (for example the one sold by eco cycle) and cannot work with the firmware modified by mbrusa (thanks again for the effort)
Of course I don't want to be able to change parameters on the fly just to use it as a command to change assistance levels and to be able to view battery power and speed.
I usually change the parameters only with the java configurator
so I ask you if it is possible to use the SW102 command in place of my current VLCD5 and possibly how to set the java configurator to make it active.

Thanks Luca
Hi Luca
Are you sure that this display works on all engines and not only those sold by them?
If ecocycles assures that it's okay for the original firmware it might also work, but until you try it, there is no certainty.
Even between VLCD5, VLCD6, XH18, there are some differences and in the firmware I had to take this into account.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
I don't understand if "Brake sensor" is enabled?
It must be enabled even if they are not installed!

Yes, the brake sensor is on and the throttle is on.

Hello, I'm new here and my name is Daniel. I would like to be the first to thank you for the fantastic work of everyone involved in this project! I have been driving the firmware for 600km and am thrilled with it.

Unfortunately I have had a problem since yesterday. I replaced the controller with a new one, because my old controller had a defective light function. I took the opportunity to install a temperature sensor.

A short test drive showed no problems with the original firmware. Then I flashed the controller with the same firmware that I had on the old controller before. I have retained all values ​​(also those of the cadenz and torque sensor calibration).
The motor only supported for a short moment (about a second) and then there is no more support, no matter in which mode. So I flashed the stable version and the engine ran as usual. after a few tries i found out that it is due to the extended cadenz mode. I can use my old configuration but I have to deactivate the extended cadence mode. If I then make the calibration on the display and switch the mode to extended cadence mode, the same problem occurs again immediately. Then I only get support for one second after the start and no more.

What I also find strange is that the values ​​I get when calibrating the cadenz sensor now differ from the previous ones. previously I had values ​​of 445, now I get 361. I don't know if there is a connection.

I would be very happy if someone can help me with my problem!

Back