Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

New user here.
Just compiled the firmware as explained here:
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/wiki/OS-X-and-Linux-installation
All went fine (main.ihx was created)
I used git version: 17a3649, is that correct? Are newer versions unstable?

And my main question:
I have two battery packs, light city pack 13s2p + heavy touring pack 13s7p.
They use different cells, different capacities, voltages, currents, etc.
Do I need to flash the firmware every time I change the pack (several times a week),
or is there another way? Can I change it from my xh18 (I have not tried to flash it yet)?

If the xh18 cannot do it, would the official T860 be able to do it with the opensource display firmware?
I read there is a bluetooth board somewhere. Would that be another option to change the battery settings?

Probably the critical settings for me are:
Battery Capacity
Battery Current Max
What would be the consequences of using both packs with the same config?

TNX

Atrihalov said:
Yes, the brake sensor is on and the throttle is on.
Can you check it out?

Temporarily set:
"Data 1" to 13
"Time to displayed data 1" to 250 (25 sec)
"Number of data auto displayed" to 1
"Auto display data with lights on" enabled
Compile & Flash

Then do the following:
Turn on the display, the level is 1-ECO.
Turn on the lights, E02 is displayed.
Change level to 0-OFF, "ADC throttle value min" is displayed, it should be 4.7
Take the throttle to the max, "ADC throttle value max" is displayed, it should be 17.6
Let me know if it's OK.

Anikea said:
Hello, I'm new here and my name is Daniel. I would like to be the first to thank you for the fantastic work of everyone involved in this project! I have been driving the firmware for 600km and am thrilled with it.

Unfortunately I have had a problem since yesterday. I replaced the controller with a new one, because my old controller had a defective light function. I took the opportunity to install a temperature sensor.

A short test drive showed no problems with the original firmware. Then I flashed the controller with the same firmware that I had on the old controller before. I have retained all values ​​(also those of the cadenz and torque sensor calibration).
The motor only supported for a short moment (about a second) and then there is no more support, no matter in which mode. So I flashed the stable version and the engine ran as usual. after a few tries i found out that it is due to the extended cadenz mode. I can use my old configuration but I have to deactivate the extended cadence mode. If I then make the calibration on the display and switch the mode to extended cadence mode, the same problem occurs again immediately. Then I only get support for one second after the start and no more.

What I also find strange is that the values ​​I get when calibrating the cadenz sensor now differ from the previous ones. previously I had values ​​of 445, now I get 361. I don't know if there is a connection.

I would be very happy if someone can help me with my problem!
The advanced cadence calibration value 361 is very low, I have never heard of values less than 400.
I don't understand the cause of your problem, I think you will have to use cadence sensor in standard mode.
Try enabling "Start-up assist without pedaling".

Patoruzusos said:
New user here.
Just compiled the firmware as explained here:
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/wiki/OS-X-and-Linux-installation
All went fine (main.ihx was created)
I used git version: 17a3649, is that correct? Are newer versions unstable?

And my main question:
I have two battery packs, light city pack 13s2p + heavy touring pack 13s7p.
They use different cells, different capacities, voltages, currents, etc.
Do I need to flash the firmware every time I change the pack (several times a week),
or is there another way? Can I change it from my xh18 (I have not tried to flash it yet)?

If the xh18 cannot do it, would the official T860 be able to do it with the opensource display firmware?
I read there is a bluetooth board somewhere. Would that be another option to change the battery settings?

Probably the critical settings for me are:
Battery Capacity
Battery Current Max
What would be the consequences of using both packs with the same config?

TNX
Version 17a3649 is old and incomplete, the one written in the wiki is only the opinion of who wrote it.
I'll have to correct it.
The most stable and complete version is the latest released.

For your problem it is not possible to configure two different batteries.
The only possibility is to limit the maximum motor power in street mode.
Set "Battery current max (A)", "Battery power max (W) and" Battery capacity (Wh) "with values ​​suitable for the 13s7p battery.
With this battery you will have to use the motor in "OFFROAD MODE".
Remember to set the maximum speed you want in offroad mode "Max speed (km / h).

When you put the 13s2p battery you will have to use the motor in "STREET MODE" and limit the power with "Street power limit (W)", with a value suitable for the battery.
The speed limit in this mode is "Street speed limit (km / h).
Obviously the remaining battery% will only work with 13s7p.

Display 860 or bluetooth card are possible options but they don't work with this firmware version which is only for stock displays.

Hey, mbrusa. Is it OK to come with wishes for next version (I know you are doing this in your spare time, so I hope Im not nagging too much)?

I really enjoy the bike now, so I'm not complaining! But a couple of things would make it even better. Maybe it can be adjusted in the settings as it is in this version, but I cant seem to find the correct parameters to adjust.

First one is the easiest (I hope). Is it possible to get an adjustable parameter for the rpm when the motor stops assistance? When I'm creeping slow forward on the trail and spotting a line for a difficult part, the motor often cuts out. When I'm ready to go and build momentum, the start-delay is unfortunate. I take care to keep some torque on the pedals, so I guess there is some lower cadence limit that makes the motor cut out? It is not because of motor blockage, as there is no E04 error.

Second one is a bit harder to explain, but I'll try. I would suggest it shoud only affect EMTB and maybe torque mode as I guess that is the normal modes when doing single trail / tecnical riding. It is about reducing the start-delay when you are rolling and briefly have to stop pedaling. For instance when you are pedaling in a high cadence and have to stop for a split second to avoid pedal strike from a stone in the side of the trail. Sometimes the motor takes a whole revolution on the pedals to catch up. If it is during an ascent the delay kills a lot of momentum. I have programmed the ramp up time to max recommended value, but the delay is still quite big. I guess this will not be possible to remove completely because it takes some time for the motor to catch up with the cadence when it has completely stopped (without a ridiculous ramp up time that will rip the blue gear at least). Would it be possible to start the ramp up once the motor sees a certain cadence? Say, put 10-20W into the motor once it sees a certain cadence and no torque on the pedals. That way the motor starts to ramp up to the rpm once the pedals starts moving, and does not have to wait for torque on the pedals like today. It should reduce the delay significantly, but I have no idea if it is possible or how much work it would have been...

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Yes, the brake sensor is on and the throttle is on.
Can you check it out?

Temporarily set:
"Data 1" to 13
"Time to displayed data 1" to 250 (25 sec)
"Number of data auto displayed" to 1
"Auto display data with lights on" enabled
Compile & Flash

Then do the following:
Turn on the display, the level is 1-ECO.
Turn on the lights, E02 is displayed.
Change level to 0-OFF, "ADC throttle value min" is displayed, it should be 4.7
Take the throttle to the max, "ADC throttle value max" is displayed, it should be 17.6
Let me know if it's OK.

I did everything according to your recommendation.
The ADC value changes from 4.0 to 21.0, but the motor does not rotate.

HrKlev said:
Hey, mbrusa. Is it OK to come with wishes for next version (I know you are doing this in your spare time, so I hope Im not nagging too much)?

I really enjoy the bike now, so I'm not complaining! But a couple of things would make it even better. Maybe it can be adjusted in the settings as it is in this version, but I cant seem to find the correct parameters to adjust.

First one is the easiest (I hope). Is it possible to get an adjustable parameter for the rpm when the motor stops assistance? When I'm creeping slow forward on the trail and spotting a line for a difficult part, the motor often cuts out. When I'm ready to go and build momentum, the start-delay is unfortunate. I take care to keep some torque on the pedals, so I guess there is some lower cadence limit that makes the motor cut out? It is not because of motor blockage, as there is no E04 error.

Second one is a bit harder to explain, but I'll try. I would suggest it shoud only affect EMTB and maybe torque mode as I guess that is the normal modes when doing single trail / tecnical riding. It is about reducing the start-delay when you are rolling and briefly have to stop pedaling. For instance when you are pedaling in a high cadence and have to stop for a split second to avoid pedal strike from a stone in the side of the trail. Sometimes the motor takes a whole revolution on the pedals to catch up. If it is during an ascent the delay kills a lot of momentum. I have programmed the ramp up time to max recommended value, but the delay is still quite big. I guess this will not be possible to remove completely because it takes some time for the motor to catch up with the cadence when it has completely stopped (without a ridiculous ramp up time that will rip the blue gear at least). Would it be possible to start the ramp up once the motor sees a certain cadence? Say, put 10-20W into the motor once it sees a certain cadence and no torque on the pedals. That way the motor starts to ramp up to the rpm once the pedals starts moving, and does not have to wait for torque on the pedals like today. It should reduce the delay significantly, but I have no idea if it is possible or how much work it would have been...
Assist w/o pedal rotation would help you to get started quickly on the technical sections, but I don't know if this feature is available on 0.21beta for the original displays. I use SW102 now

Atrihalov said:
Well Atrihalov, the test was to verify the operation of the adc input, it's ok.
Unfortunately I don't have the throttle to try.
In the next few days I will try to develop a virtual throttle to check its functioning.

mbrusa said:
Version 17a3649 is old and incomplete, the one written in the wiki is only the opinion of who wrote it.
I'll have to correct it.. The most stable and complete version is the latest released.
Good to know. Now I see a lot of new options, I will have to read the docs.
I also went to read about "OFFROAD MODE" and "STREET MODE". (with/without legal limitations plus a few other tweeks I see).
I understand you proposed me to use it as a Poor's Man Dual Profile, that will do the trick somehow, thanks!
I can keep my compact xh18 then, and use this firmware (T860 is nice, but too big)

Is this a fork or a branch?
I would like to propose the creation of real user defined profiles/presets. Let's say, 3 config slots to choose from at runtime.
Should this be done on the original OpenSource code (HEAD?) and be merged here (Branch?)?
or should I propose this directly here?

And a few more questions to everybody, not strictly frimware related, if allowed.
I have a Y cable on the front of the bike, one goes to the xh18, and one to the Thumb Throttle.
one the back I have a single cable that goes straight the the speed sensor.
Is it possible, and which cables do I need to:
1) Connect a head light.
2) Connect a tail light
3) Connect cut off power break leavers
4) Connect gear sensor

Cheers!

mbrusa said:

Mbrusa we have a spare throttle here, if you send me your address by PM I will post it to you.

Thanks for all your time in maintaining this side of the development.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Well Atrihalov, the test was to verify the operation of the adc input, it's ok.
In the next few days I will try to develop a virtual throttle to check its functioning.

Thank. While I will ride without a throttle. I really like the balanced level of help in your configuration.

Waynemarlow said:
mbrusa said:

Mbrusa we have a spare throttle here, if you send me your address by PM I will post it to you.

Thanks for all your time in maintaining this side of the development.
Thanks Waynemarlow, the problem is that I should disassemble the controller to solder the connection wires.
It's not a job I'm going to do.
Thanks again.

Atrihalov said:
Hi Atrihalov
I have tried with virtual throttle and it works.
So the real one must work too.
Aren't you using it at level 0-OFF?
At level 0-OFF the throttle is disabled.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Hi Atrihalov
I have tried with virtual throttle and it works.
So the real one must work too.
Aren't you using it at level 0-OFF?
At level 0-OFF the throttle is disabled.

I use level 2-3, but the motor does not rotate from the throttle.

HrKlev said:

For the first problem, starting from a standstill, HughF has already answered you, try enabling "Start-up assistance without pedaling" and with "Assist without pedaling threshold" between 10 and 30.
You can start with less push on the pedals by setting "Pedal torque adc offset adjusment" between 5 and 10.
The second problem, the restart with the bike in motion after having stopped pedaling, was also reported on the Italian forum, mainly in eMTB mode and torque assist mode.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this defect, on my bike the assistance starts again immediately, perhaps because I use it in cycle tourism mode and not single trail / technical riding.
Without seeing the problem it is difficult to understand how to fix it.

mbrusa said:
For the first problem, starting from a standstill, HughF has already answered you, try enabling "Start-up assistance without pedaling" and with "Assist without pedaling threshold" between 10 and 30.
You can start with less push on the pedals by setting "Pedal torque adc offset adjusment" between 5 and 10.
The second problem, the restart with the bike in motion after having stopped pedaling, was also reported on the Italian forum, mainly in eMTB mode and torque assist mode.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this defect, on my bike the assistance starts again immediately, perhaps because I use it in cycle tourism mode and not single trail / technical riding.
Without seeing the problem it is difficult to understand how to fix it.

I already have the start up assistance without pedaling enabled, but it still happens when I am creeping slowly. This always ends up with a foot on he ground and restart from standstill, so Im not sure if it would start again if I kept a slightly higher pressure on the pedal. Come to think about it, it might be because there's a really high difference in sensitivity between the left and right pedal on my motor. So maybe it only happens with the least sensitive pedal forward... I will check next time out. If it was because of motor blockage settings it would display a E04 and not function again for 10 seconds, right?

It is interesting that your bike does not have the same character as mine regarding the second problem.... Its really easy to check on mine, just pedaling along in a slightly high cadence, say 80-90, then stop pedaling for a second, and see how long time it takes before the motor catches up again. With mine I have to pedal at least a revolution in that cadence.

What settings is affecting this? Motor acceleration and maybe ramp down? Im using 35 acceleration (36V battery, 36V motor) and 8 ramp down. Could you share what you are using?

Hi,
Firstly, a big thank you to all that have taken part in the development of the alternative fimwares.
I've been trying to program my TSDZ2 with a the Java Configurator and with the ST programming tool via some ST-Link clones and the official ST_Link.
I've had limited success, probably because my wires are too long. I have no desire to take apart my motor to get directly to the circuit board, so I decided to call it a day and revert back to the original firmware, which I backed up at the start :)
As part of my process I had successfully flashed back to the original firmware (main.ihx and option.ihx) a few times from my back up.
However, after the last roll-back, my motor is completely unresponsive, either through pedalling or the throttle. The VLCD5 behaves exactly like it should at stock FW.
What have I done wrong? Do I need to set the "program memory" to something as well as the main and option?
I have attached my back-up main.ihx and option.ihx files (with *.txt extensions), for examination in the hope it's something trivial to correct.
Please help :)

View attachment OEM_FW.ihx.txt
View attachment OEM_FW_option.ihx.txt

Pompey_Monkey said:
However, after the last roll-back, my motor is completely unresponsive, either through pedalling or the throttle. The VLCD5 behaves exactly like it should at stock FW.

Check your throttle knob. What voltage you have min-max?
On one of my bike throttle and cadence sensor was fried during re-flashing. So I just replaced throttle and motor started working, but pedal assist still off, I waiting for spare parts.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Are you using the latest version of the configurator?
If you put the ini file or the config.h file here, I try with your configuration.
Configuration file.

Attachments

• config.h
    4.3 KB · Views: 21
Mbrusa

We have now 2 controllers that register 0 on the factory firmware RE and RE1 hidden screens for the torque convertor reading, one was working prior to reprogramming, the other gave the fault after getting wet. In all other aspects everything works OK.

Is there anyway the processor can get into a state where this particular input from the torque convertor can become ignored. I'm pretty sure its a processor / board fault of some kind but I regularly see the same question on the forums of the torque convertor reading zero. Is there anyway we can trick the board to simulate a torque convertor, as in electrical voltage level to check or at least diagnose the fault, as I think this fault is one of the major contributors to having to replace the controller and I suspect once present stocks are gone, then only the newer 2020 controllers will be available.

Thanks

Pompey_Monkey said:
Hi,
Firstly, a big thank you to all that have taken part in the development of the alternative fimwares.
I've been trying to program my TSDZ2 with a the Java Configurator and with the ST programming tool via some ST-Link clones and the official ST_Link.
I've had limited success, probably because my wires are too long. I have no desire to take apart my motor to get directly to the circuit board, so I decided to call it a day and revert back to the original firmware, which I backed up at the start :)
As part of my process I had successfully flashed back to the original firmware (main.ihx and option.ihx) a few times from my back up.
What have I done wrong? Do I need to set the "program memory" to something as well as the main and option?
I have attached my back-up main.ihx and option.ihx files (with *.txt extensions), for examination in the hope it's something trivial to correct.
Please help :)

OEM_FW.ihx.txt
OEM_FW_option.ihx.txt

I fixed it.
it was indeed the data memory that was incorrect. I installed it from the back-ups here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eGcBtTj8GrGQ4tDJAECr6ejMrpW2ZqvH

Thanks to all for looking anyway! :)

Atrihalov said:

Atrihalov said:
mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Are you using the latest version of the configurator?
If you put the ini file or the config.h file here, I try with your configuration.
Configuration file.
Atrihalov, in the config.h file there are two wrong parameters, "ADC throttle value min" and "ADC throttle value max".
The default values are 47 and 176, from the test you did you could reach 40 and 210.
Why did you set 0 and 22? That's no good!

Back