C3625-EZ What wires to jumper to use without a cycle ananyst.

Lessss

1 MW
Hi,
A customer of brought a bike to me to repair that had it's motor hall and phase wires severed. This took out the controller. I fixed the wires andcustomer bought a replacement C3625-EZ controller from GRIN. The previous one did not have a cycle-analyst or anything it just had a couple wires spliced together to turn it on and the battery has an on/off key switch. Well the controller they got from GRIN has slightly different cables and a different number of them so I can't tell which wires to jumper for ON.

I'm looking at GRIN's JST-SM connector pinout page (generic) but need to know what two connections to jumper to turn on the controller. They don't want to buy a cycle analyst. I'm not seeing a legend so S-, S+, Sp, ThO (although ThO is probably throttle output)

Everything else is all hooked up after changing the connectors to Andersons.

There is one connector with 3 wires of the 4 slots populated. I am assuming that is a brake cutoff (they don't have a brake lever either, I'm trying to get them to let me put one on).

The other is a 6 port JST-SM
I've located #1 (+) and see the others are all (-)

As it's a new controller I'm not willing to trial and error find the connections to jumper.
All the kits I've dealt with are a 4 pinout jstsm meant for an LED810 type on off control pad, or just a simple key switch back to the controller.

So what two do I jumper to turn the controller on without using a CA?

Thanks.

Hopefully this ez controller matches up with the ez motor colour code wise and I don't have to play find the 1 in 6 phase wire connection combination. :)

I sent an email to GRIN but figured this might be faster.

Lessss said:
I fixed the wires andcustomer bought a replacement C3625-EZ controller from GRIN. Well the controller they got from GRIN has slightly different cables and a different number of them so I can't tell which wires to jumper for ON.
The manual for the controlle, on their website, lists everything, including which pin is which on each connector.
https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/controllers/c3625-ez.html
https://www.ebikes.ca/documents/eZee_Controller_Guide.pdf

There are no wires to turn on the controller. When the battery is connected and turned on, the controller is on.

I'm looking at GRIN's JST-SM connector pinout page (generic) but need to know what two connections to jumper to turn on the controller. They don't want to buy a cycle analyst. I'm not seeing a legend so S-, S+, Sp, ThO (although ThO is probably throttle output)
If you're not using a CA, you just ignore that connector.

There is one connector with 3 wires of the 4 slots populated. I am assuming that is a brake cutoff (they don't have a brake lever either, I'm trying to get them to let me put one on).
Yes, that's ebrakes.

This kind of controller doesn't require a break be plugged in to work does it?

We found the pdf for the controller with the error codes. Apparently we are getting 3 + 5 error a phase not connected. So likely a fake anderson to real anderson issue or musical phase chairs needs to be played.

Phase not connected should mean (assuming it doesn't have multiple issues lumped into one code) that there is a high resistance or open circuit on a phase wire. That could be anything from the connector between motor/controller, to a phase wire into the motor (damaged at axle, etc)., to a winding failure in the motor (unlikely unless physically damaged or severely overheated), to a blown fet in the controller.

Back