Yuyang king 40amp controller

Also android or IOS

Then you need to either reset or use a different app

did you try 4 finger swipe upwards
password 'akili123'
might work

I use IOS and the daymak app works well, even with their stock motor and my 2 hoverboard packs wired in series i can get 50km/hr

daymak app

I tryed daymak it lets me see the setting in that app but here not right and if I try to save a setting change it says sending and gets stuck there

And what are the settings?

It's basically what it would look like right out of the box... What the settings say in daymak is not what they actually are for example the amp limiting says it is off but in reality it's on no matter how long I wait it won't do anything ... Is there a way to reset the controller with out a phone/app?
It also never asked me for a password which I thought was odd

Good afternoon Fetcher,
I have tried with the speed limit on and off, I have tried with eco mode on and off and no difference, I have tried the vehicle calibration in the app but with no success as when I click obtain for the starting distance it just sits there saying getting and I can get no further, would this be the possible cause for my problems or is this calibration only used for the speedometer on the display?
thanks
Paul

I'm having problems with my controller too, the calibration doesn't work for me neither, it gets the start distance, but nothing happens when I click obtain at the end distance. Model is YKZ12080EA, my friend has Ykz7280JA, so the only difference is the voltage rating, but he can set the high speed ratio up to 30, but mine can't be set over 15. The same motor with his 72V controller spins faster than my 120V. Higher voltage, but less RPM. Makes sense, right?

That model is different than the old one I worked on before but it may have some of the same features. The old one had a "speed limit" jumper you either connect or disconnect (grey wire). There was also a 3-speed switch. In speed 1 or 2, the limit will be lower. Make sure you have it set on speed 3.

The "speed limit" jumper on the old model was a pair of single wires with connectors that come out of the controller. Not sure if you connect or disconnect to disable the speed limit. Are there any unused single wires?

Only the 3 speed switch is connected, I don't use the others. I think the controller doesn't support that high speed, but I don't know why, if the 72V version supports, why not the 120V version?

Look for a pair of unused single grey wires with connectors that can plug in to each other. That's how the speed limit thing looked on the old one.

Hi,

I just bought this same controller (YKZ7280JA) and I am using it with a 60v battery. The same problem with the overspeed configuration appears in my setup also.

Using the default calibration the APP shows about 38km/h (~24mph) and that is roughly what my GPS shows also when I drive my scooter.
I have the current limit set to 100% and 3-speed selection in high speed. The overspeed does have selection for 30 but when I save it falls back to 15.

Just got the controller connected but I did not test the road speed before that :(

The grey wires in this model are disconnected and connecting them just disables the soft start, no affect on the speed.

I see that some people using this same controller has gotten then overspeed value 30 working. What version of the Yuyang king APP are they using? Or does the controller somehow make that decision (to use value 30 or 15) based on the voltage?

mestari said:
I see that some people using this same controller has gotten then overspeed value 30 working. What version of the Yuyang king APP are they using? Or does the controller somehow make that decision (to use value 30 or 15) based on the voltage?

Im also interested in this question, so if someone have information or solution please reply.

I too am topping out at exactly 40kph/25mph, which is obviously an artificial limitation, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I have the ykz7280ja-b model, 40a rated, 80a max, 230a phase. There are no speed limiting wires, and I've messed with every app setting available with no results. I have not tried every hall/phase combo, but I'm also fairly confident that isn't the issue here. Help!
Thanks guys!

Solved.

This was a calibration issue. When I increased pack voltage the top speed increased from 25mph to 29mph, which suggests no artificial speed limit. Turns out it was simply a calibration issue, it wasn't actually topping out at that speed it was just uncalibrated for wheel size. Just a coincidence that this happened to be at exactly 40kph/25mph at 13s pack voltage. Good luck all.

Back