Velec R48 failure

Lessss

1 MW
Someone in PEI contacted me in N.B. to try to troubleshoot their Velec R48 ebike that has ceased functioning.
Apparently the LCD display displayed some gibberish and earlier and is now not turning on.

It looks like the brand sell replacement LCD for $200

Anyone have any experience with this model and know of any cheaper displays that could be swapped out or if the bike can be made to operate without the display?

Anyone in PEI that might be willing to take a trip to help out?

why not just open up the display and check for damage?

if somethings broken its broken as long as your clear with the customer that your not responsible. id do something like that, no charge, but sometimes you just open yourself up to a head ache by trying to help someone you don't know.

Lessss said:
bike in PEI, I am in N.B.
I suspect capacitor death in the display or water damage.... but again I can't even see.

Maybe do a Zoom meeting and get a video inspection done, like they did at the local meat packing plant during China Virus where there are/were 400+ cases.

Lessss said:
So nobody in PEI willing to help?

With a PEI population Estimate (2020 Q1) 158,158 people, its hard to say if ES has even 1 active member, let alone 2 people that log in a month from PEI. Ypedal is from Halifax.... sorry my bad he's from Moncton NB, Canada (just checked), you are Saint John N.B.

Whats the remote consensus for that fella?
Just buy something new and try again if they cant open a display and look for burn marks, then even if that effort is made by OP what can be done about it when black marks are found? zilch. Are there even TV repair places around anymore that would have a half a chance of repairing something like that for under $50, doubtful, maybe can find a store in a metropolitian city, but it aint gunna be cheap. Otherwise, buy new.

Back