GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

I'm using the stock controller without issue. I also find the smartphone app very intuitive. I'm not sure what all the complaints are about.

Merlin said:
its good for simpliest commuting or setup with a high delay good to start at steep hills.
anything else is unusable.
What does the throttle do that makes it unusable?

jjstripes said:
I'm not sure what all the complaints are about.

Stock controller doesn't respond fast enough for racing where you are constantly on / off throttle and need instant response.

Merlin said:
do a wheelie and video it =)
Oh, crap. Wheelies are fun.

I read somewhere that I can't find now that the ASI BAC fits in the stock controller location, does it?

[/quote]

I read somewhere that I can't find now that the ASI BAC fits in the stock controller location, does it?
[/quote]

It does.

This motor is a lot of fun for wheelies. It will easily pop you up at low RPM, but doesn't make enough power to carry out power wheelies for more than a second. So you have to reach for unicycle mode right away with that front wheel really high to carry on a wheelie.

Hi Guys,
I was looking into the CYC X1 Pro Gen 2 as the base for a e-bike / trials (motorcycle trials) bike hybrid that I am considering building. I plan to use it around my yard to practice trials (without the noise of a real bike!). I also want to be able to ride it around the area and take it to parks or trails.
For a trials bike I intend to start with a basic full suspension bike and modify from there. For normal bike I would likely have the pedals on it, to practice trials I have some ideas to mount normal footpegs to it and remove the pedals.

The biggest concern I have is throttle response, in my reading I have seen lots of issues with throttle response and controller issues from a dead stop with the gen 1.
Do you guys think this motor kit would work? I assume the ASI BAC800 controller would be the best choice from what I see..

Leanier said:
Do you guys think this motor kit would work? I assume the ASI BAC800 controller would be the best choice from what I see..

Apparently they will have a bac855 which is a small upgrade. Haven't seen a spec sheet yet.

Leanier said:

No, the ASI X1 kits are all used either by kind, gentle, pedal spinning folks who don't mind the slow startup or by morons who don't use the power and don't ride hard, so don't miss the totally shitty throttle, but still think they use their "6kw" all the time. :evil: :evil: :evil: Don't get me wrong ASI controllers are TOP quality with the right motor, but they are not a good match with the CYC X1 of any generation.

Anyway the only controller anyone has verified working for something like Trials to my knowledge would be the Castle HV160. It is not perfect, and the throttle is speed based, not torque based, but the response is very fast, direct and 100% reliable every time including off a dead stop (with low gearing). Can't say the same for any other controller I've seen on this motor.

Merlin said:
does it mean you have experience with ASI800 at cyc x1 motor?
in other words: its same crap as stock controller? :cry:

Asi controllers work fine, throttle response is whatever you want from them. I don't have information on pas/tq sensor.

I'm assuming something to do with the ability to tune the ASI controller to fit your needs? It supports hall sensors and FOC and the ability to switch between sensorless and sensored. In theory that means it has the potential for dead stop starts without issue if tuned properly.
If you get one from CYC do they give you the ability to tune it to your needs?

so it means nothing.

stock controller you can setup also the throttle "as you like"....
but it doesnt work as a "real-usable-expected" throttle. ITs shit ...

so much useless talk here. if you ask kelly users, 85% of them will tell you "its nice, yes its a good throttle" <- ev noobs never had a real throttle
and live with that shit.

nobody here is using ASI800 with cyc?

Merlin said:
so it means nothing.

stock controller you can setup also the throttle "as you like"....
but it doesnt work as a "real-usable-expected" throttle. ITs shit ...

so much useless talk here. if you ask kelly users, 85% of them will tell you "its nice, yes its a good throttle" <- ev noobs never had a real throttle
and live with that shit.

nobody here is using ASI800 with cyc?

Are you drunk? You can't set the cyc throttle up at all, it is shiit and likely will stay shiit. They have it ramp up slow on purpose because they are scared it will blow too many controllers. Even $30 yuyangking controllers can be set up to throw you off the bike or be as slow as the cyc, whatever you like, same with asi.

I shot CYC an email to see if they give you the stuff needed to program the ASI if you buy it with the CYC..
If they do I might give the whole shebang a shot.. So long as I can program and tune it to my liking I can probably make it work..

Tommm said:
Are you drunk? You can't set the cyc throttle up at all, it is shiit and likely will stay shiit. They have it ramp up slow on purpose because they are scared it will blow too many controllers. Even $30 yuyangking controllers can be set up to throw you off the bike or be as slow as the cyc, whatever you like, same with asi.

bullshit. you can setup the throttle to current. and this is exactly your thrown off the bike idea.
not controlable, crap yes. but you can setup alot of shit but it doesnt help.

DO YOU HAVE A GEN2 WITH ASI OR NOT?

if not stop talking about ASI800 at cyc motors and how they "work"

btw you dont have to qoute someone if you reply after him. :roll:

ASI controller works great on some motors and the throttle can be set to have as little delay as you want. This motor it does not work great with for fast response.

Go ahead and try a fast torque based throttle on ASI with the X1 lmao it will be so unreliable and shitty it's not even rideable. And CYC still has yet to put out a decent official ASI file even though they've been selling the controller.

That's a shame.. I figured from what I had heard so far that might be the case.. Higher power motors tend to be harder to tune for, would be nice if they could correct that or if I had the ability to try and tune the controller better for the motor..
Until then I'll probably save my money until I hear for sure that they have the throttle response improved. Or find another high powered motor of similar or lower cost I could try out.

Merlin said:
Tommm said:

bullshit. you can setup the throttle to current. and this is exactly your thrown off the bike idea.
not controlable, crap yes. but you can setup alot of shit but it doesnt help.

DO YOU HAVE A GEN2 WITH ASI OR NOT?

if not stop talking about ASI800 at cyc motors and how they "work"

btw you dont have to qoute someone if you reply after him. :roll:

I do. My throttle is perfect. :wink:

flat tire said:
Go ahead and try a fast torque based throttle on ASI with the X1 lmao it will be so unreliable and shitty it's not even rideable. And CYC still has yet to put out a decent official ASI file even though they've been selling the controller.

I think the torque based throttle doesn't work that well on variable geared mid drives. In easiest gear with torque throttle your bike will run away. Speed control with torque limiting is perfect for me.

Back