E.S. Quotable Quotes !

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1536798#p1536798
Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm willing to trade 2 rolls of toilet paper for a new 35ah battery pack. Who wants it?

"I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability."
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is"
"The basis of optimism is sheer terror"
"Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we dislike"
all Oscar Wilde

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

"Don't sweat the small shit, and it's all small shit." Mr Natural

"God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time." Robin Williams

"Try not to be a dick" the Buddha

"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up." artist Chuck Close

On the subject of all things being one: Suppose we are at home sitting in a comfortable arm chair and reading the newspaper. On the roof is a jay bird singing. Perhaps his singing is not so good and we are a little annoyed. But if we will just open our heart to the jaybird, then he is sitting in the armchair reading the news paper, and we are on the roof singing. Shunryu Suzuki

Not sure if you noticed, but this thread is meant for quotes from members here on ES, hence the title, "ES Quotable Quotes". ;)

Balmorhea said:
The Segway PT. . .
I would say I’ll miss you, but when you were around, I pretended I didn’t know you.

Damn,what a great post to put in the quotes, but I guess it has to be viewed from the perspective of, well, you just have to picture what Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane would be saying about now:

serious_sam said:
Balmorhea said:
FranBunnyFFXII said:
If you wanna get yourself killed, be my guest. Darwin Awards await you, but dont encourage other people to kill themselves because you're too much of self concious fool to do the right thing.
You know, the thing I said earlier that you called stupidity was when I suggested riding safe equipment at safe speeds, so you don't need crash gear. As in riding a bicycle at bicycle speed.

So who's indulging in stupidity, really?
That's a bullshit argument.

No matter how safe you are, you're sharing the roads with a population of morons.

If you're happy to wear minimal equipment and put your life in their hands, good for you.

But calling someone stupid for taking the risk more seriously isn't cool.

Matt Gruber said:
I do agree that prisons did help to make the usa prosper. Have to lock up the evil doers so others can earn an honest living and not have their stuff stolen.

And prosecutors should have to pay back a years salary every time they send an innocent man to prison.

Matt Gruber said:
i saw 3 guys stealing stuff from my neighbor. i called 911. they tried to escape in a stolen Kia Soul. Cops caught them after an exciting chase. 1 went to prison, 2 were under 18 and got off easy. Like it or not, prisons are necessary and i gladly pay taxes to put them away. :bigthumb:
if you want to be taken seriously, tell us your personal experience with criminals and how you solved the problem :bigthumb:

RustyKipper said:
...it was way to dangerous riding on the freeway as it was a full on blizzard, driving the 4x4 I couldn't see a thing so if I was on a bike I would of ended up somewhat dead.

Hillhater said:
JackFlorey said:
Time will pass you by, as it has all the rest of the luddites over the years.
Odd ?..... i thought i was the one advocating a Nuclear powered future,..... and you were one of those wanting to keep wasting money on Windmills, and intermittent sunshine. ?

This is a great thread. Keep collecting. We should implement a rotating quote of the best ones in our header. Cheers!

Hillhater said:
JackFlorey said:
Initially we dig a huge shallow hole with robotic excavators about 20 miles deep. ......
Hmmm ?....shallow.......20 miles deep.. the ultimate oxymoron ?
Better make sure there are no “Green” activists in the colony who might object to landscape development on that scale !

Back