spoke length for 16'' moto rim for 205 hub

minde28383

10 kW
Could you share what spoke length you used for 16'' moto rim with 205 qs hub or mxus 205 3kw.

AFAIK, you'd need to know *which* moto rim, and what lacing pattern, because the ERD will be different for different ones of each of those.

amberwolf said:
AFAIK, you'd need to know *which* moto rim, and what lacing pattern, because the ERD will be different for different ones of each of those.

I want more answers than riddles.
Just tell me what length you used and what pattern. It's 16'' mc wheel for god's sake.

Each rim is slightly to very different in construction, so spoke length is different for each rim, even if you use the same hub.

The same is true of which way you lace the wheel--a different lacing pattern means longer or shorter spokes to achieve that.

It's not a riddle, it's the way spoked wheels work.

This is why there are spoke calculators out there, that often have instructions on measuring your rim and hub to get the ERD and spoke flange dimensions necessary, along with any offsets for wheels that need this for whatever reason. Then input those numbers along with the lacing pattern you will use to get the right spoke length for your wheel build.

If you prefer to just use what someone else's different rim used, with perhaps a different lacing pattern, and potentially end up with spokes too long or short to use on your wheel, you can certainly look around to see what people have posted for such wheel builds, or wait for them to post them up here in your thread. But you may just be wasting money on the spokes you get from those numbers.

Let's say that someone used radial lacing on their wheel, with a rim that does not have directional nipple holes. But your rim does have directional nipple holes, and you use a 1x lacing. Their spoke length will be far too short for you to use. The same is true in reverse. That's just one example of a difference that could leave you with unusable spoke measurements.

Your call, though, so I'll leave you to it.

You are right no arguing about that, but as I mentioned it's for mc wheel so it's either: ~76mm radial or ~91mm for one cross. Yes, rims ERD might differ, holes slightly different too.

And again, what I want to find out what spoke lengths people used for 16'' moto rim.

I got option either get 90mm or 95mm spokes. I can't remember what spoke length I had before. I lean towards 90mm.

Back