Newbies Stay Away from Vruzend and Similar Gambits.

bobbill

100 W
FWIW, I know crappola about EV...built two 10s pacs...both Vruzend thingies.

I will say in my perusing to learn, I have found tomjaz and spinningmagnets to be invaluble teachers; genius, and there are likely others which I have yet to endounter, so do not feel left out. Thanks.

The other side of the coin, Vruzend and Nishi, as DIY battery pack parts sellers just plain suckk.

Toll kinows his stuff and works hard, no doubt, but his good intentions are undercut by the people at Vruzend. Same for Nishi.

Why go to all the trouble of design and so on, only to be undercut by ninnies who have zero business sense is or should be beyond me, but, then too, I reside in a nation that elected a real dinger, and we tolerate bullroar - to a respectful point...

As a consumer, no one has to tolerate squat. Just walk!

Tom and Magnets you keep it up, thanks.

Yep. Building batteries from round cells is entering a world of junk and crooks, until you have the luck to find reliable suppliers. Still then, it is a work of patience that is not always rewarded with the long term satisfaction that is deserved. ES is the best place to find all info to save on the learning cost in time and money.

I find nothing like the quick assembly of a dozen RC lipo bricks, to enjoy the pleasure of riding NOW with plenty of power. Building ebikes for more than a decade, I soon realized that I am a rider first, and a builder only to satisfy my riding requirements. Experience didn’t drag me into complicated tech and fancy add-ons, instead of which I came to building the most simple, powerful, reliable, easy maintenance, crash proof bikes.

Each of us have our own requirements and priorities. The real art of building bikes, is to satisfy them the best. Good luck with yours, and best wishes of long reliable mileage for the years to come.

There are two advantages to these things (all such kits): Can do wiring'soldering without cells in place...and, FWIW, no outlay for spot welder machine etc. The other fiirm, Nishi is just not worth anyone's time...virually not existant on-line.
Rest is hustle.

Besides, the firm response to emails are excrutiatingly slow, so do not mess-up or have problem with product, like mie.

Thankfully, fixed the two screw-ups. without their help.

You have a problem with these things, it happens, need extras to be prepared...the site has no listings for components, which is silly. No doubt as is, takes forver to order, so be warned and careful.

Learn from my errors.

Do not fear. Bite the bullet; build a pack with a proper welder and avoid all foreign assembly kits.

For example: I tried Vruzend's kits twice: the early "cap-kits" (red/blue) and the latest (black/orange). I experianced had a failure, asked Vruzend for assistance and advice on parts - twice. The first time was insulting and the second time, so far, no response. Needless to say, bike riding was curailed. The first time, we only received an excuse (pandemic) and an ad hominmen but had fixed ourselves, save the nasty comments, no second response. Moreover, fortunately, was also able to solve my own problem, without "brain."

Thing is, Vruzend actually exists and is out llooking for business, or was. The other firm, seems a ghost that never got off the ground.

Consider this, let's say a dodger builds one of these pack-kits and has a mid-pack failure that melts one or two plastic battery "caps." So the caps need replacing and maybe the buses...depends...maybe the metal caps, and a battery or batteries need replacing. No help or way to order components, etc, so you're stuck with a dead pack and bike, or a more boring "hermitiage."

But, if you bullt the proper pack, using good betteries, buses, a spendy but good welder, you would have the parts and soon be back in business. Independent you are, which I will be, so take a lesson from me and avoid the kit bullroar.

Frankly there is nothing else one can do, if no response or supplier.

bobbill said:
Learn from my errors.

Do not fear. Bite the bullet; build a pack with a proper welder and avoid all foreign assembly kits.

For example: I tried Vruzend's kits twice: the early "cap-kits" (red/blue) and the latest (black/orange). I experianced had a failure, asked Vruzend for assistance and advice on parts - twice. The first time was insulting and the second time, so far, no response. Needless to say, bike riding was curailed. The first time, we only received an excuse (pandemic) and an ad hominmen but had fixed ourselves, save the nasty comments, no second response. Moreover, fortunately, was also able to solve my own problem, without "brain."

Thing is, Vruzend actually exists and is out llooking for business, or was. The other firm, seems a ghost that never got off the ground.

Consider this, let's say a dodger builds one of these pack-kits and has a mid-pack failure that melts one or two plastic battery "caps." So the caps need replacing and maybe the buses...depends...maybe the metal caps, and a battery or batteries need replacing. No help or way to order components, etc, so you're stuck with a dead pack and bike, or a more boring "hermitiage."

But, if you bullt the proper pack, using good betteries, buses, a spendy but good welder, you would have the parts and soon be back in business. Independent you are, which I will be, so take a lesson from me and avoid the kit bullroar.

Frankly there is nothing else one can do, if no response or supplier.
That's a bit harsh to punch everyone to the same category. You have not tried mine, you have no clue how my support works so next time address to the specific maker and don't use words like "all", "kit bullroar".
Have a read: https://forum.esk8.news/t/nese-the-no-solder-18650-battery-system/1777/240
These guys use my kit bare without protection, have thousands of miles on them and no failures.

Appreciate the reply, thanks. " and, havel learned more of the Nese items.

My slap is directed to those who hustle these things and a warning.

I have built two 36v packs and both test to run fine, after some tweaking and two fires Vruzend with this crappola con. Then, after one just quit and was totally unballanced.

Fool me once...

People need to know why it rains and why the sun shines, IMO. Warnings are needed for us newbies, for if a runaway happens or a simple bad cell, or hottie, and one looks for help like from Vruzend, no parts no nothing.

So, best to do with plain items and welder, but those who need you to pay, will not tell you that, and a few other things, then, when complain, get bit back...we learn late...

I fixed my problems and learned much later to seek replacement part avail, for failures and

e.g. shrink wrap is not necessary. Just a spool of clear wrap...also easier to recycle and more.ms

I am a learning newbie, equally unafraid to moan publicly, when screwed over.

Wear a mask outside...it is your arse, strategically (long term) speaking.

BTW, read material in the link above. Did not know of it, and if I had known would have posted there also. Decent site, bu Endlaes S offers are more
FWIW,,,

I agree that reports of bad experiences should be targeted at the specific vendor(s) concerned.

Tarring a whole product category with a broad brush is most unjust.

And your opinion about how viable the whole evolving product category is in principle,

is both a completely separate topic, and

should be based on experience.

Appreciate the opinion but do not agree with the "broad brush" idea...
Bait and switch is just what it is.
Like infection, some ignorance is curable, some not.
We are not mushrooms. Firms promising a thing need to ascend to their promises or BO.
Without cautions, where would some dodgers be? Reviews, FWIW comments and "thumbs" are not enough at times to seek honest products. Too fargin many people and makers looking...

Been around too long to worry about offending makers and dispersing political "road apples!"
Warnings are apropo for dodgers who will see ideas strategically to profit from them.
It is good you both are concerned. How else?
What it is! Deal with it.

Inside home not ever, outside, depends. Anytime in proximity of others but minimal public appearances; any time inside a store...always on bicycle. Resigned local board when one member made wearing a mask to meetings an attendance issue.

Screw the politics. People want to be stupid, fine. Their lives, but not moral to infect others with carelessness.
Idea for me is respect of Other people and other Things. I
If I am a danger, do not wish to endanger Others...

Some bets are not worth losing...

Firms need to be accountable for their promises and producs but slandering ower all of them does not make anyone any good. Spilling dirt over all cause you had bad experiens with one just makes you bitter guy who has nothing else to offer and this community is not about that.
There are plenty of makers here who are not firms or companies, offering their product just to make a broader choice for the DIY'ers and its unjust to them as they are from the same pot like you.

I was going to pass on this but changed my mind.
I am a consumer. Az et al are makers.
Any time a consumer offers a warning, be it this stuff, toys or bogus offerings, it is a good. What corporation or business looks to offer the consumer better products and service, for their own sake?

Yes but complaining from a background of ignorance, very limited knowledge and experience

saying "all electric car makers are bad" when you only had a bad transaction with Tesla

is neither fair nor helpful

bobbill said:
What corporation or business looks to offer the consumer better products and service, for their own sake?
Any with competent management seeking success long term does.

But here we are talking individual fellow members trying to get a useful new idea off the ground

not some company with more than one worker

bobbill said:
Any time a consumer offers a warning, be it this stuff, toys or bogus offerings, it is a good. What corporation or business looks to offer the consumer better products and service, for their own sake?

It doesn't help much to tell people to avoid *everything* of a certain category, etc, unless you have direct experience with *everything* that is available in that category, *and* you specify exactly which ones you've used, and exactly what the specific problems are with *each* of them, which will be different. Most people will not put much credence in such "advice", because it doesn't help them match their needs to what's available.

The helpful way is to specify each system used and who it was purchased from, and the exact problems encountered with it, as well as the sellers / manufacturers' exact responses to your contact with them of the problems. Then people can judge for themselves which, if any, are appropriate for their situations.

Back