I need help, as i dont have anywhere to ask, and no one to help me

If you have only insulation damage on the wires, it is easy to fix with teflon tape, or any tape if it is the only thing you have. A washer that has a round hole can be filed to match the axle shape, using only a small triangle file. Tie wraps can hold the wire away from the disc. A warped disc is not easy to straighten but with patience you can do it on the kitchen table with your bare hands and playing cards. There is nothing dramatic, nothing that can’t be solved by your own means, if you stop convincing yourself that you can’t do it.

We had a kid on this forum, who had built his bike with no money at all, using only scrap and recycling. The only thing you really need is faith and patience. Address one problem at a time, and solve them all.

Thanks a lot for your advices, i contacted a guy for washers, or he will do it or i will do it https://www.edrifttrikes.com/product/hub-motor-cable-c-washer/ , but in the end when i earn enough money i m gonna order leaf kit , but not before i ask what is the best combination :)

Someone else will make a washer..,
A new kit..,

For damaged insulation and the usual fitting problems?

There is only one solution. You should walk, or buy a bike already built with a guarantee. A new kit will not make any difference. It will only require different fitting work, and you just don’t want to do the work. You will complain and ask someone else to do it for you, then complain again for every problem he will have to work on, and complain again for the money it did cost, and will cost everytime you have a problem.

Some just don’t have the will and mind, to build and maintain their own bike. That is why there are so many commercial ebikes, and shops to sell and service them.

I see the same situation with horses all the time. People want to have a horse but won’t do anything that horses need. They only want to ride, and complain that horses are always in the need of something that cost money. Then they buy a new horse, and it is even worse.

The whole frame needed rebuild, headset, new fork, removing old chain, cassette, front chainring, putring new fork, cleaning, removing dropout etc , i have all that myself , its not problem to work on a bike, i enjoy fixing bikes its just when i dont understand something i try to fix it, but every time i fix it its not enough, and every minute i get for bike , its less on wolt, after i earn some mone, on wolt then its good, and in the last 2 weeks i have learnt much more than in my whole life. Im buying leaf kit because 90% curve of efficiency , and because hollow axle and because it comes with adapters.im a student of agronomy , of techincs in agronomy In all of this the worst things that pissed me off are designers who made all this, because it seems all is an aftertought. Kt controller is a box for an electric moped, not a bike, spacers for kranz (even that we need to use kranz, not cassette) , then mismatched colours of controller and motor (imagine that in some important work like in an ekg machine red goes on black lol ) , and the biggest thing that bothers me are these wires that go by the axle, not thru qxle, and btw my rotor is 180mm ,my adapter is 180mm ,but qs motor is a lower 6 bolt holes than 99% of hubs so my brakes are partially braking, considering all this is called a big mess that my ocd has problems with.. all is an aftertought , except grin technologies that said in one video 9mm 135mm was meant for 100w of power not 1500w of power and some other things, some stuff should be just plug and play...

Ps a file or electric rotating tool is something i currently dont have , file with a mount was 15$ today i checked in a hardware store

Well, it is Chinese. Even some screws from China are not Metric, neither Imperial, they are... Chinese. :mrgreen:

I was born a farmer, studied veterinary med, and worked all my life building stone masonry. Ebikes was something I had to learn when I started building my first.

You should really check things out before you embark on a new task, go to Youtube, go on the forums and ask away.
Fix that motor of yours wiring before you go out and buy another motor. If its not too bad, fix the insulation and install it on another bicycle or whatever. Buy yourself a sensorless controller from these guys here
https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/313864.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.pcShopHead_11248317.1
Should come within a week or two, now with COVID-19 might take 3 weeks.

Buy lots of connectors, whatever connectors you use buy lots of them. I use XT90 and XT60 so I buy a lot from www.Hobbyking.com, but www.ebikes.ca sells XT60 and XT90AS and Anderson Powerpole 45 and other connectors. I just hate it when I run out of connectors I am using and have to bodge together some used connector without melting it.

Wolt is a delivery service for food . Wolt , glovo, pauza.hr , bolt , and soon uber eats . I drive wolt and e bike has made everything easier. Btw i watched 2 years already for ebike videos, but considering corona etc i ordered first that could come faster, rarely any yt video talks about stuffing hub motor in the rear. I wstched grin technologies a lot. And im haopy with my controller why would i buy another ? :)

In your free time stick around here and read as many threads as you can in as many areas as you can. The knowledge will absolutely come in handy through your ebike ownership experience.

Yes i will have to as wires from motor are cut not much but insulation is done and one phase wire is cut through and opened , but opening motor will loode ability to be wsterproof and is much work .

Davidcroatia said:
And im haopy with my controller why would i buy another ? :)

Ah sorry, yeah I didnt read up entire posts. The reason is for spares so your not left without the ability to fix that night and ride the next morning. For example, if your cables out of the axle would have split the insulation and two phase wires touched, your controller is done for. You will be waiting a few weeks for another one to come online. Thats why I mentioned it, and buying Sensorless means you dont have to mess with no hall sense wires. Same thing with spare throttles, easy to crash and wipeout and damage your throttle then if it rains and shorts stuff out like what happened to me awhile ago I would go full throttle and nothing but let go of the throttle and its full blast, so I could still ride but its either 100% on or off no inbetween. I got home and within 5 minutes had a new throttle and not have to wait 3 weeks for a new throttle to come online. Now, if you ride recreationally and not everyday, then you wouldnt be mad. Having a spare $5 multi meter aint a bad idea neither. Having a few chinese spoke wrenches, a tote box full of spares: grips, levers, cranks, gears. A crankset breaks, bam I am in my tote box grabbing another crankset and I am good to go, not have to wait for online order or wait for store to open next day.

Whats the difference between sensored and sensorless ? And sinusidal controller ? In terms of longevity and speed and efficiency ?

Sensored controllers are receiving a signal from the motor’s rotation positioning, for each of the 3 phases of the cycle, hence the additional 5 small wires. That is giving them immediate, ‘hard’ start. Sensorless does rely on reading the return of the phases power wires, so the motor needs to start moving before the controller can fire the proper phase sequence.

Sinusoidal wave controllers are feeding phases in a progressive curve, while square wave controllers are feeding them on and off. Sinewave is giving smoother operation and slightly better efficiency, while square wave is making brutal spikes of current that has kind of feel of a combustion motor.

All of this does work good, only different. The personal preferences are mostly about the kind of rider that you are: it is easy to understand that the ‘smooth operator’ does prefer sensorless or sinewave, and the ‘hard rider’ does prefer sensored and square wave.

Sinusidal controller makes a motor quieter ? Lets say i buy 1500w ebike leaf motor kit, but they dont sell sinusoidal controller, will there be any difference in noise ? Because i wanna be quiet, and also i wanna have smooth building of speed as i start and stop a lot. Ps today i managed to make 48 km on full battery, i didnt ho below last bar, so do you know how much i can make km with 24.5 ah 48v battery ? Should i put less max speed?

Davidcroatia said:
Sinusidal controller makes a motor quieter ? Lets say i buy 1500w ebike leaf motor kit, but they dont sell sinusoidal controller, will there be any difference in noise ? Because i wanna be quiet, and also i wanna have smooth building of speed as i start and stop a lot. Ps today i managed to make 48 km on full battery, i didnt ho below last bar, so do you know how much i can make km with 24.5 ah 48v battery ? Should i put less max speed?

Both will be silent at the power level that you ride. You will have slightly better efficiency with sinewave, and it will definitely start smoother.

Speed and acceleration are the most important factors that are impacting you bike’s range. It is simple logic that, the more power you feed and the faster you ride, the less mileage you will do with your battery capacity.

My 1500W Leaf motor with 35A trapezoidal controller is pretty noisy. It's not loud, but it makes a growly sound on startup (while pulling strongly and steadily) and it hits a resonant frequency and sings at it passes 200 rpm (about 28 kph with my wheels). The rest of the time, it makes a noticeable electronic buzz when applying power. I don't mind the noise it makes. But if you want it to sound like a pedal bicycle, it doesn't sound like that.

Balmorhea said:
My 1500W Leaf motor with 35A trapezoidal controller is pretty noisy. It's not loud, but it makes a growly sound on startup (while pulling strongly and steadily) and it hits a resonant frequency and sings at it passes 200 rpm (about 28 kph with my wheels). The rest of the time, it makes a noticeable electronic buzz when applying power. I don't mind the noise it makes. But if you want it to sound like a pedal bicycle, it doesn't sound like that.

If you put sinusoidal controller would it make it quieter and add like 10% more range ? Ps did you buy it with cassete adapter ? And did you get all the nuts that makes this instalation plug and play

Davidcroatia said:
Balmorhea said:
My 1500W Leaf motor with 35A trapezoidal controller is pretty noisy.

If you put sinusoidal controller would it make it quieter and add like 10% more range ? Ps did you buy it with cassete adapter ? And did you get all the nuts that makes this instalation plug and play

Mine is a front motor. It came with all the axle hardware I needed, except for a torque arm. I made a good torque arm for it.

There is no significant difference in efficiency and riding range between trapezoidal wave controllers and sine wave controllers. Hypothetically, sine wave controllers are a little bit more efficient, but in practice you will not see a noticeable increase in range.

Not all sinusoidal controllers work the same. FOC controllers deliver power based on feedback from the motor, and should be the quietest. Other controllers send a simulated sine wave which can be distorted by the load characteristics of the motor, and might make a little more sound (but still less than trapezoidal wave controllers).

Note that trapezoidal controllers tend to spin to a slightly higher unloaded speed than sinusoidal controllers. Whether this has an effect on real world top speed, I don't know.

Are you satisfied with it ? Do you brake your fork ? How much km per hour do you go ? Do you have an okay range ?

Back