I need help, as i dont have anywhere to ask, and no one to help me

Davidcroatia said:
Are you satisfied with it ? Do you brake your fork ? How much km per hour do you go ? Do you have an okay range ?

I like the Leaf motor and I'm satisfied with its performance and construction quality. I have powerful, reliable and low-maintenance linear-pull brakes front and rear. My top speed so far on level ground is about 52 kph, but I usually cruise at 30-35 kph with the assist level turned down to 2 or 3 (out of 5).

I don't expect very good range because I'm tall and heavy, over 2 m and about 200 kg total including the bike. Riding as I usually do, in city conditions with lots of stops, I use close to 25 Wh per km.

I have the 6 turn winding, but its rpm/volt is a little too high for 29" wheels. For a bike without suspension, like mine, I think the 8 turn version would be a better match.

That seems to be about average, I dont know for sure what my wh/km is but I just use 20wh/km yet I do not pedal much so 25wh/km is more likely. 6'5" 190kg with Leaf 1500W 5T. Do you use your H-brake with its one wire? I hooked up the Low Brake to a Wuxing brake lever and it just turns off the power to the throttle only setup I have when I use the lever. I am hoping the Hbrake on the Leaf 1500W will give me some motor braking.

On the 1500W I like the fact the wire cable coming out of the axle has a bit of protection with a spring wrapped around the wire cable. Hooking up a temp gauge to the windings would be helpful. I noticed near the end of my ride, right after a hill climb that wasnt anything spectacular, the cover plate was very hot. I am more careful now and doing the touch test on the cover plate more often to get a feel for how much it heats up after certain hills.

Balmorhea said:
Davidcroatia said:
Are you satisfied with it ? Do you brake your fork ? How much km per hour do you go ? Do you have an okay range ?

I like the Leaf motor and I'm satisfied with its performance and construction quality. I have powerful, reliable and low-maintenance linear-pull brakes front and rear. My top speed so far on level ground is about 52 kph, but I usually cruise at 30-35 kph with the assist level turned down to 2 or 3 (out of 5).

I don't expect very good range because I'm tall and heavy, over 2 m and about 200 kg total including the bike. Riding as I usually do, in city conditions with lots of stops, I use close to 25 Wh per km.

I have the 6 turn winding, but its rpm/volt is a little too high for 29" wheels. For a bike without suspension, like mine, I think the 8 turn version would be a better match.

markz said:
Do you use your H-brake with its one wire?

I don't use any kind of electrical brake. My torque arm only works for forward drive. And my rim brakes are really good.

Balmorhea said:
markz said:

I don't use any kind of electrical brake. My torque arm only works for forward drive. And my rim brakes are really good.

Yeah I prefer rim brakes myself, can't beat $4 pads! Cheapest disc pads are $21 cdn here, such a ripoff.

markz said:
Balmorhea said:
markz said:

Yeah I prefer rim brakes myself, can't beat $4 pads! Cheapest disc pads are $21 cdn here, such a ripoff.

Used shimano hidraulic brakes are 30$ , brake pads 1.5$ on aliexpress 25 days arrive

markz said:
Balmorhea said:
markz said:

At the moment, my front rim brake pads are a really expensive kind, $20 retail. They work great, they're lasting very well, but I can't say they're twice as good as $10 pads.

koolstop__48602.1566965168.jpg

I have not used Koolstop pads yet, here they are about $20cdn, or $15usd. Just far too expensive for my liking, there is a set I buy from Chain Reaction Cycle that seems to last, Jagwire or Clarks, others seem to disintegrate too easily. Thats what makes me wonder about Aliexpress disc pads, are they using Asbesto's in the pad mix, who knows right.

Davidcroatia said:
Used shimano hidraulic brakes are 30$ , brake pads 1.5$ on aliexpress 25 days arrive

Good V-brakes cost $20 brand new, and don't need to be bled like used hydraulics. Where I live, a single brake bleed costs more than $30 by itself.

My own rim brakes are stronger, with more natural feel, than any bicycle disc brake I'm aware of (though many aren't).

Disc brakes are something I use when there is a good reason not to use a rim brake. Because there are already good reasons not to use discs, or hydraulics.

markz said:
there is a set I buy from Chain Reaction Cycle that seems to last, Jagwire or Clarks, others seem to disintegrate too easily.

Jagwire V-brake pads have been our default option at the shop for years. Before that, we sold Avid pads, but I like the Jagwire ones better.

Kool Stop salmon compound pads have higher friction coefficient and last longer. At my shop, they're $12-14 versus $8 for generics, and that's a better bargain per mile.

Im using 7 years already brake pads from aliexpress and ebay , used shimano brakes are 30$ to 40$ , brake bleed kit is around 10$ , lhm+ citroen hidraulics oil is great for shimano brakes , removing air from shimano brakes is 5 minutes , youtube video , and is very easy. Using vbrakes on ebike seems dangerous to me, i also tried hidraulics brakes 10 years ago, considering i tried it i will never go back, just make sure you use shimano or tektro brakes, as other use dot 4 or 5.1 oil and seals get wasted quickly

Yeah thanks :) . Well... I went to s guy to make a c clip. He used existing clip to weld, then he used electronic rotating tool to shim it to fit the qxle. Now on 2 places rubber coating is gone because of bolts from 6 bolt disc, but that happened before c clips, and one phase wire has missing insulation, and wire can be seen, i have put insulation tape over it, but the problem is its on a place deep inside where it bends so yeah. The cable is in opposite direction of the frame and it sticks out, because if it goes along the frame there is no place to put the wire. Day before yesterday i had a flat and bought schwslbe marathon 26x2.00 and they are really narrow so im worried a little bit but its okay, i have put a shortened chain but its very saggy, not even chain tentioner would help, now i go to work :)

E-HP said:
Would that be a normal "pissed off", a "so pissed off", or a "very pissed off"? :)

Probably can't connect to Facebook to update status, or Tweet about something. In today's society it has really come down to that. I am in nature, riding the trails with electrons and you got people staring at their phones instead of looking at the butterflies and birds and tree leafs and branches and ridges and clouds and airplanes and squirrels and rabbits and deer, no no gotta look at the cell phone.

markz said:
I am in nature, riding the trails with electrons and you got people staring at their phones instead of looking at the butterflies and birds and tree leafs and branches and ridges and clouds and airplanes and squirrels and rabbits and deer, no no gotta look at the cell phone.

I saw these three bucks on the trail the other day. My bike it pretty silent, and these guys were big enough that they didn't feel threatened, and just looked at me as I rode by. The one on top had 6 points, and all were in "velvet", with fuzzy antlers...took the picture with my cell phone :lol:
3 bucks s.jpg

I have to dissapoint you i only use whatsupp in my life :))) nnoow can someone tell me why it only charges for 1 minute

Davidcroatia said:
I have to dissapoint you i only use whatsupp in my life :))) nnoow can someone tell me why it only charges for 1 minute

Well you have a 5 page thread with no details about the equipment you are using except the motor, and this is the first time you mentioned you have an LCD. So based on the information you provided so far, sounds like something is wrong. :roll:

E-HP said:
Davidcroatia said:

Well you have a 5 page thread with no details about the equipment you are using except the motor, and this is the first time you mentioned you have an LCD. So based on the information you provided so far, sounds like something is wrong. :roll:

Very informative E-HP
:thumb:

:wink:

Oh im sorry if you havent watched a vide in the FIRST post that i have posted on this thread. I know my english sound a little bit russian, but its managable

Davidcroatia said:
Hello, this is my first ebike build and i dont have a clue what could be rhe problem, im adding throttle but almost nothing helps . https://imgur.com/a/4zvbfoy

https://youtu.be/lXGZ-mxtYY8

https://youtu.be/feRsy8ailhM
Nothing here doesnt give away i dont posses a lcd screen except the whole video that i shot, 40% of the video happens on an lcd i own

Back