Midnight Ride Central Park Drive NYC Saturdays

Redsea Rider

100 mW
Fun fact the Harlem River Drive was originally used by Sports to race their lightweight horse drawn buggies? In fact it was referred to as the "Speedway".

I've been riding through Central Park Drive around midnight and its an exquisite experience I'd love to share with my fellow e thing enthusiasts. I've seen a few riders but nothing organized. Its an awesome ride. Zero traffic challenging turns and a full loop would be special with some competitors er uh companions and an almost deserted drive.

Not a "race" just for fun 👌. So don't bring your fastest environmentally friendly e machines 🛹🛴🚲🛵🏍 you've bought or built with your Trump Bucks during the year of Covid and quarantine to see who's tops on the museum mile straight or anything like that. Wasting earth's precious resources for what? Sport? ❤? 💰? That would be childish and unbecoming of grown adult humans.

Absolutely Childish and possibly probably completely irresistable. 🤓

Plus the downhill bends up near the pond/pool can be dicy. Should be fun. Please ride at your own pace and stay safe. Don't be the one 🤕 . There's always one. Or two. Or three. They usually come in threes. Plus plus plus there're three inch curbs and 🌳 🌲 🌳.

ewwww wee that Mulsanne er uh museum mile straight though...🔥🔥🔥🚲🛵🏍🛴🛹. Maybe full throttle purely out of technical curiousity in honor of Coulomb Watts Steinmetz Sprague Surtees Tesla et al... I mean who runs off on a straight? The bend at the end though...👀🚧🛑🚧📸📹

With great power comes great responsibility.
Think of the children.
What would they do?

• Lap = 6.1 miles ~10km Nurburgring for e things
  • Electric powered machines only
  • Helmets + lights mandatory (😷 masks as well if you believe in you know... 🧫🧬🔬science)
  • Meet at horse carriage entrance 6th and 59th
  • 11:30pm meetup
  • 11:55pm pull in to Central Park Drive
  • 12am 🚦🚦🚦🚦one leisurely lap

All are invited starting tonight and every Saturday moving forward. Yes one wheels and other kindly collar 🦴 breakers are more than welcome.

For freedom!
For Mericah!
For the Gipper!

Regards
Fabio Quartararo, President
NYC e things

NICE!

I’m in the New Haven CT area and would love to join in. Can’t make it this Saturday but it sure sounds like a blast. Please wear a map tracking app and show us where you ride tonight. Action cam it if you can.
I was into critical mass a while ago and the group was great, so were the after parties especially the Halloween one where riders and some bikes were in costumes. Yes that was bikes only but we’re on to bigger and better things now aren’t we. Ok no but we want to.

stopped by cops

years ago riding central park

they told me closed after midnight

kcuf said:
stopped by cops

years ago riding central park

they told me closed after midnight

First Central Park Drive has closed to automobiles permanently only recently. Since then I've had no issues whatsoever with police interference. I've even passed squad cars 🤓

Back in the day when I would buddy ride on motorcycles on the sneak they would setup road blocks but there was always room to squeeze by.

When was your last visit what were you riding and what was your group size.

Second why did you stop? 🤔

More rumors and scare tactics. Are they protecting the backyards of the rich? There Equipment up to the task of catching me? Doubt it.

Hi NYC e thing Family

I am here at meetup. 6th and 59th street entrance to Central Park. The park closes at 1am so we're good to go. If there are any stragglers let me know and I'll postpone the start.

If you can't make it this week we're doing it again next Saturday.

Cheers

Back