qs 1000w builds

I'm not familiar with that particular motor but 11kv would be very much in the ballpark for a hub motor.

It’s not a hub motor.

Doing the math of kv x volts to get rpm is a very low number at 11kv. Should be a number in the thousands not hundreds for rpm. I’m thinking kv of a motor rating is just that and has no relation to the reduction.

I’m considering selling this motor as my projects have changed focus, again. I’m in the USA.

awesome, thanks larsb! So kv is around 59 assuming the 5.3:1 reduction they list for their belt drive. I'm about to purchase chains and sprockets. If I'm aiming for 40mph, should I gear my no load speed for something higher, like 60mph? I'm going to try and get 5kw from this little motor. My nuclear controller should be here at the end of the week.......

It's alive!
20190619_210139 (600 x 450).jpg

Glad you got it going! And with the nuclear controller too. Did you get the 12f? I gave up my space in line to free up funds for my workshop expansion going on now. I’m hoping the controller is a success and readily available down the line.

yeah the 12f, almost donealmost done (600 x 450).jpg

seems pretty happy with 8:1 reduction at 60v. I'll report more once I stop the 219 chain from constantly falling off. Currently at 3500w no problempic 5 (600 x 450).jpg

Hi guys,

Does someone know a source to get a sprocket for a 420 chain?

The axle shaft is quiet special with its conic taperlock. Until now I did not find a supplier. Not in Europe, nor on Aliexpress. Someone got an idea?

devo1223 said:
seems pretty happy with 8:1 reduction at 60v. I'll report more once I stop the 219 chain from constantly falling off. Currently at 3500w no problempic 5 (600 x 450).jpg

Where did you get the 219 sprocket for the motor? And is the belt and 428 drive motor the same thing? The belt one is always cheaper, isn't it better to buy it and swap to 219, if I need 219 anyway.

Guys! It semms there is an issue with the sprockets.

QS sold me last year the 1000W motor and claimed to be shipped with 420 sprcket. So I ordered a chainring and a matching 420 chain, just to find out the sprcket is not 420. It's indeed made for a 428 chain. 428 motorcycle chain on 1000W motor!??

Because there is this special axle I am not able to find a sprocket manufactor to finally get a 420 sprocket. I asekd Judy from QS motor to get a 420 sprocket. She told me they are waiting for production. This is now 6 weeks ago. Still no production. Does anyone has a source of this sprocket? Judy sent me the drawing.

Attachments

• QS 1000W mid drive motor sprocket.pdf
    118.4 KB · Views: 49
Centurio said:
Guys! It semms there is an issue with the sprockets.

QS sold me last year the 1000W motor and claimed to be shipped with 420 sprcket. So I ordered a chainring and a matching 420 chain, just to find out the sprcket is not 420. It's indeed made for a 428 chain. 428 motorcycle chain on 1000W motor!??

Because there is this special axle I am not able to find a sprocket manufactor to finally get a 420 sprocket. I asekd Judy from QS motor to get a 420 sprocket. She told me they are waiting for production. This is now 6 weeks ago. Still no production. Does anyone has a source of this sprocket? Judy sent me the drawing.

I'm in the same boat but need 219. I think our best bet is to have a machine shop make an adapter for a sprocket we can buy for cheap. So we can use consumable parts off the shelf and no need to custom order. My motor is tapered axle. I got the 219 cog from lightning rods once I get it I will supply a local cnc shop motor, old sprocket and new sprocket.
Sia motor already sent me drawing of motor axle.

Yeah, I was thinking about an adapter too. But would the axle not be to large to fit the "standard" front sprockets?

Centurio said:
Yeah, I was thinking about an adapter too. But would the axle not be to large to fit the "standard" front sprockets?

It is too large to fit 12mm and 15mm sprockets. You need 3/4" which is 19.05mm.
http://lightning-rods10.mybigcommerce.com/3-4-id-219-sprocket-12mm-w-adapter/
I am going for this one, 12t still possible because it has cutouts.

The adapter will be a conical shape.

This seller has been away for almost a year. I think a piece of soft copper flashing could work as a bushing instead, I’ll keep you guys posted my Ebike workshop is almost done!

Attachments

• 922D5B23-08A7-41AB-9240-ED7FF1EDF3D0.jpeg
    922D5B23-08A7-41AB-9240-ED7FF1EDF3D0.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,137
This adapter is a really good idea Tommm. Like this we could use any sprocket with a center hole big ennought.

@Skaiwerd
Your Idea is also very good. But copper seems to be too soft material for this kind of torque. Or am I totally wrong here?

It bugs me that much, because Judy told me the sprocket costs 6USD. I would pay the double or more to get finally what I payed for last year... A *** 420 sprocket for this stupuid tempered axle!

Well, good idea. I did not check if the sprocket is hardened. The theeths will get smaller. It's kind of workaround and not durable. Or how many km or miles did you run it?

larsb said:
It’s a bad idea for long term. Bolt the sprocket you want to the outside of the sprocket that fits, if needed cut it down with an angle grinder. 1 hour job at the most :D
I can do that, but the hole in the sprocket must be tapered.

I can't choose a normal sprocket with a slot. There are plenty of mainstream sprockets...

Attachments

• Ritzel1.jpg
    Ritzel1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,126
larsb said:
just make the hole oversize and buy a hubless sprocket, they are called platewheels or sprocket type A

Yep, this is quiet a good idea. Why I did not find it by myself. The problem will be the chainline. The engine is already quiet large and is colse to the pedal. Btw: Its a Manet Korado cyclomotor.

So it might be wise to mount the sprocket type A on the inside of the original sprocket (the motor side). But it need some distance to nohave enought space and not touching the tooths of the original sprocket...

Back