Bafang G3xx series high reduction ratio geared hub motors

i cut the cable because a tock a nasty fall, broke also my rear shifter. my friend who was in front of me braked hard, and i was unable to stop an hit him. i have better brakes and rotors now..

From where you are then those parts are just a press fit, so if it's too stuck you will need to essentially just pull harder unfortunately.

The best bet would probably be a gear puller of some kind, and to carefully pull out the stator from the inside. You would need to be careful not to hit the windings with the puller.

Otherwise maybe put the case in a vice, and grab the stator with a C clamp with the ends covered in rubber to minimise damage, then try to wiggle it out?

i managed to separate the rotor from the stator, but it was impossible, for me to separate the stator from its case. so i took a different route, cutting the cable as shown in the picture, and then i soldered the cut cable with the new cable. the rezult is that the motor workes again.

Attachments

• PSX_20200412_182212.jpg
    PSX_20200412_182212.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,824
  • PSX_20200412_182146.jpg
    PSX_20200412_182146.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,824
  • PSX_20200412_182111.jpg
    PSX_20200412_182111.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,825
  • PSX_20200412_182045.jpg
    PSX_20200412_182045.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,825
New to the forum

Thanks wil and others for the great write-up on the Bafang G360.
I'm researching options for a stealthy rear hub motor but with decent power.
Until I came across this thread, it seemed this wasnt achievable, as a lightweight hub would typically be geared and quite audible, whereas the quieter DD motors were heavy and large.

Seems that this G360 with quieter helical cut gears could be the answer.

Apparently Dillenger use the Bafang 360 motor in their offroad kits, according to this video review
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuvsQDhIGCc[/youtube]

However they call it their Dillenger OEM motor on their website.

Question for wil, if you did it again, would you still use the G360 ?

beartaco said:
I ordered my G360 in a 700C wheel from cnebikes.com. Everything arrived exactly to my specs and in good shape.

Hi Beartaco
Did CNE have the G360 on their Alibaba site when you ordered it, or was it something they had to get in ?
I just sent them a message and they replied they couldn't get it.

bill1960 said:

Absolutely! I've been running well above the rated power with no issues so far. I'm concerned that I will strip the gears from torque eventually, but that is a concern with any plastic geared motor.

If looking at the Dillinger kit I would advise trying to get a torque sensor based system, instead of a speed sensor, as they feel much nicer, responsive and more natural.

Additionally, if your aren't trying to run well above legal power levels you may be fine with a smaller G310, they seemed happy up to about 1Kw from what I saw, and your bike will end up lighter too. Less wheelies though...

bill1960 said:
beartaco said:
I ordered my G360 in a 700C wheel from cnebikes.com. Everything arrived exactly to my specs and in good shape.

Hi Beartaco
Did CNE have the G360 on their Alibaba site when you ordered it, or was it something they had to get in ?

They did not have it in stock when I ordered it - I think it took them about 30 days to bring it in.

wil said:
bill1960 said:

Absolutely! I've been running well above the rated power with no issues so far. I'm concerned that I will strip the gears from torque eventually, but that is a concern with any plastic geared motor.

If looking at the Dillinger kit I would advise trying to get a torque sensor based system, instead of a speed sensor, as they feel much nicer, responsive and more natural.

Additionally, if your aren't trying to run well above legal power levels you may be fine with a smaller G310, they seemed happy up to about 1Kw from what I saw, and your bike will end up lighter too. Less wheelies though...

Good to hear you're still happy with it.
The Dillenger kit is well priced, but they wont ship overseas, and DHL from Australia want a fortune for shipping if I arranged it myself. I agree about getting the torque sensor.
There's no specific motor watts restrictions in my location (Cambodia) so I would go for the G360 over the G310.

Currently Motowoks and Gomax have or can get the G360. Motowoks only sell a 12T version, and Gomax will provide a G360 to ones needs (speed/wheel size etc), but wont reveal what the specs are.

I'm considering the new Baserunner Z9 Standalone controller and CA-WP. Apparently the Standalone Z9 has the necessary circuitry to allow temp and speed signals off the one wire coming from the motor. With a temp sensor wired in, hopefully appropriate thermal rollback settings would prevent situations that destroy the nylon gears.

beartaco said:
Hi Beartaco

They did not have it in stock when I ordered it - I think it took them about 30 days to bring it in.
[/quote]

Can you tell me the name of the CNE sales person you dealt with ?
Maybe I got the wrong person.
Ideally I would like to get the motor laced to a rim as you did.

wil said:
bill1960 said:

Been lurking to your test results of the g360. You say you push the poor hub way past its rated level. Have you checked the cable for heat ? It seems the tiny higo z910 can only take about 15A... Maybe replace it with julet z916 or even cusmade L1910 ?

qwerkus said:
Been lurking to your test results of the g360. You say you push the poor hub way past its rated level. Have you checked the cable for heat ? It seems the tiny higo z910 can only take about 15A... Maybe replace it with julet z916 or even cusmade L1910 ?

I haven't had any issues with it so far, although perhaps I can increase efficiency with a better connector. The copper pins don't look scorched, the tape that was holding it to the bike isn't distorted from heat and it didn't feel hot after a run (it's under a few layers of thick tape though)

I would be worried about fitting anything with thicker cabling down the shaft, + the existing cable is very well potted.

Does anyone know where we can get two (2) Bafang FM G370 motors. We will be using them in a 1:50 scale prototype Wave Energy Converter (WEC) which we believe is the first WEC which can produce power cheaper than offshore farms. We need a hub-motor which has over 30 Nm of torque while weighing under 2.0 kg.
Our full scale WEC with twin 24 meter wide floats will produce 2.5 MW peak continuous output (plus another 1.5 MW with 60 meter diameter wind turbine attached).
Any help finding these motors (which we will use as generators) will be greatly appreciated.
THX "Waveguy"

The G370's are heavier than 2kg for sure and are perhaps only 80-85% efficient.
EDIT: I am wrong about the weight, my bad.

i don't think a single hub motor out there fits your requirements.. if you need that kind of weight, you're going to want to look at RC motors with high reduction ratios.. a maytech may do the trick.

Bequmi said:
After much waiting and back and forth I finally got some sort of information from gomax about the windings of the g360... Kind of. They wouldn't tell me anything related to windings or Kv and only asked what speed I wanted to go at each voltage and wheel size, which I think looks right so far in the simulator when converted back to Kv and input that way.

The list they sent me is as follows. I realize I should probably have asked about 26" wheels as well just for the knowledge of others, but my application is either 24" or 29er.

24" wheel as follows

35km/h @ 36v is 304 rpm (8.44 Kv)
40km/h @ 36v is 348 rpm (9.66 Kv)
35km/h @ 48v is 304 rpm (6.33 Kv)
40km/h@ 48v is 348 rpm (7.25 Kv)
45km/h @ 48v is 390 rpm (8.125 Kv)

700c / 29er wheel as follows

35km/h @ 36v is 265 rpm (7.36 Kv)
40km/h @ 36v is 303 rpm (8.41 Kv)
35km/h @ 48v is 265 rpm (5.52 Kv)
40km/h@ 48v is 303 rpm (6.31 Kv)
45km/h @ 48v is 340 rpm (7.08 Kv)

The Kv is an estimation by me of the rpm and voltage.

Looking at all of those specs I'm guessing that they actually only have a few different windings, and that the t11 motor in the simulator is potentially the 340 rpm version (@36v) that we were guessing it was.

I'm trying to order a 8 turn 340rpm @36V G360 motor through Gomax, I have specified that I want the motor in a 20 inch wheel at 36V and want a speed of 35km/h.
Will these specs get me the correct motor ?

Thanks

wil said:
qwerkus said:

I haven't had any issues with it so far, although perhaps I can increase efficiency with a better connector. The copper pins don't look scorched, the tape that was holding it to the bike isn't distorted from heat and it didn't feel hot after a run (it's under a few layers of thick tape though)

I would be worried about fitting anything with thicker cabling down the shaft, + the existing cable is very well potted.

@wil, thanks for all the great info on this motor, it is much appreciated! Do you think it would work with a phaserunner controller? I have one laying around collecting dust that needs a playmate. I was thinking with field weakening I could maybe get 40 mph out of it with a 20s pack. Also, how is the acceleration from standstill on flat ground with the 20s battery? Thanks again!

wil said:
I haven't had any issues with it so far, although perhaps I can increase efficiency with a better connector.

Hi wil, how's your atf filled g360.500 going ? Still no leak ? How much did you pour in total ?

Never mind. I decided to go with a GMAC motor from Grintech to go with the phaserunner and 20s Lunacycle battery. So far I've gotten it up to about 38 mph with 20 amps of field weakening but haven't had a chance yet to take a long ride so not sure what the range is. The frame, forks and seat are custom made (by myself) with carbon fiber and foam core. I also machined all of the aluminum parts out of 7075-T6. Also, most of the fasteners are titanium. Bike weighs 60lbs. I attached a few photos (sorry for the crappy quality). :?

Attachments

• 20220704_132006.jpg
    20220704_132006.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 428
  • 20220704_132026.jpg
    20220704_132026.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 428
  • 20220704_132000.jpg
    20220704_132000.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 428
Back