Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Have you tried to load earlier settings?
The program is a bit buggy, so I think there may have been changes you cant see.

I want to log too, I sometimes get cutouts so I have to stop for it to work again.
(I dont have to turn off the controller, only stand still)
Last time it happened twice in regen braking going downhill, it has only happened when giving throttle before.
My guess is that it is overcurrent, but I dont know. It usually bumps around a lot, loosing and getting traction, that seems to be the hardest for controllers to handle.

I have very weak regen at first, but that may be protection from high voltage. I run 90-90,5v when fresh of the charger.
Last time I had another strange thing happening, at first it had very low power. That was when I hit the tracks, I drove 500m or something to the track first, and didnt notice anything strange.

Sometimes the regen stops working, but then there seems to be power limit too. So I guess that is overtemp protection.

I finally got it working again.
I had to set flux more than 60, then my motor spins again. everything below 59 did not work lol.

I have only used this controller for 1 test drive, but I already feels that I want to change to controller that have better specs\logging\software .

I also tried the brake\regen without any success.

When I try to enable Down Hill Brake, my motor continues to run when you release throttle !!
Insane how this controller works :roll:

I also cant see that any of the gear\sport mode does any different.
I can see in my display it goes from mode 1-2-3, but throttle is the same.

I also tried to set AMP limit to 10A, but it still pull 30+ :bolt:

I could really need some help.

I got my mid drive 3000W QS motor, EM150 Votol.

I got alot of torgue in revers, but not forward.
And I can't understand why.

If anyone could share som settings for the mid drive, that would be great.

nardcox said:
Hi all, I've just hooked up my Votol EM150 to a 20S20P but nothing happend.
What does the Votol need at a minimum to do something?
I've only connected the bat + & -, 3 motor wires, hall sensor and accelerator cable.

E Lock wire needs to be wired to bat + I have EM100 and E lock requires full battery power

Hi , i am new in the forum , and sorry for me english .
Recent i buy new ebike with votol controller , i think is model em-50 but in the program appear EM-100 .
The bike configuration is :
-Hub Motor Yuma 3000w 17 inch
- 35A 72V li tion battery
- votol controller EM-50

Ebike found well , but take the max speed more slow , i have soco TS 50 and torque is similar than this , and take 70 km/h with 1200w bosch motor 60v , this new ebike only have 10 km/h more than soco TS ¿ this is normal in this motor ? .

i put the votol controller configuratiom . Is is posible tell me any strange parameter put the brand to limit the motor .

thank you very much for all .

1Sb0fg4

CaLIt8Y

NGh3XG3

WlTgzN8

wwuruBc

liteglow said:

No one ?

I cant get my controller running.
I got 1% power, but I reach 82kph (no load), it just takes 20 seconds to get there.

I can`t adjust any Flux level, as the motor will NOT turn if I change it less or more than 60 !
Any ideas would be great.

This sh¤¤¤t controller soon goes into the trash.

j bjork said:
I dont think anyone can tell you if something is wrong with your settings, without knowing your settings.

Sorry, I did post my settings in another post.

But regardless my settings, I think there is something wrong.
When I check "soft start" motor is not starting at all.

I dont have a switch to change mode, but in software it`s set to MIDDLE by default.
So if I set my middle settings how I want them, there should be no need to add a switch ?

I have done another test with my Votol.
Using 100% working settings.

But my motor run at 10A max, only run when no load.
It get top speed, but I can stop wheel with my hand.

Any idea what this can be?
It's like av AMP limit I can't control.

I am having a very hard time connecting to my votol EM-150P. WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR!!!. my motor runs fine and so does my ct-22 speedo i just cant connect to my controller wth. i have tried every software offered on this thread and non of them work for me to connect pls help i just want to configure my controller for my Phat azz lol :lol: . Also can someone help me with the combination Z6 controls .

philjk2007 said:
I am having a very hard time connecting to my votol EM-150P. WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR!!!. my motor runs fine and so does my ct-22 speedo i just cant connect to my controller wth. i have tried every software offered on this thread and non of them work for me to connect pls help i just want to configure my controller for my Phat azz lol :lol: . Also can someone help me with the combination Z6 controls .

P in display is usually if the motor is in PARK mode.
Not sure where you see this P, in error message, windows, LCD display ?

liteglow said:
liteglow said:

No one ?

I cant get my controller running.
I got 1% power, but I reach 82kph (no load), it just takes 20 seconds to get there.

I can`t adjust any Flux level, as the motor will NOT turn if I change it less or more than 60 !
Any ideas would be great.

This sh¤¤¤t controller soon goes into the trash.

I did more testing.
It seems like whatever input I put inside the Software to write Flux Weakening, it goes back to 60 when I reconnect.

maybe software problem ?

anyone know if it`s possible to RESET the EM-150 to factory settings ?
It looks like my controller not accept settings from PC anymore (only some settings)

QS will take it in return.
I don't ever want to hassle more again with this Votol, so I consider buying a Kelly.
Anyone have bad experience with a Kelly controller?

Hello {liteglow} im stating that on the controller is listed as being a EM-150P that's what on the controller itself. Maybe they forgot the S for SP no but any help would greatly appreciated i would like to adjust the settings for the 3 speed switch.

Hello! I bought an EM150 controller and wanted to change the voltage, after 2 hours of torture, it connected to the PC and I can change the voltage from 72v to 60v. After installing the controller on the E-moto, I turned the throttle but there was no response (After that I tried to reconnect the controller to the PC, but it does not connect and so on for 4 days ... I changed 2 blue laces, downloaded any suitable drivers and tried all Votol software .Help me to connect the controller to the PC please!

Attachments

• YGVftH2I3O4.jpg
    YGVftH2I3O4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,263
j bjork said:
I did more testing.
It seems like whatever input I put inside the Software to write Flux Weakening, it goes back to 60 when I reconnect.

maybe software problem ?

When you make a change, do you click write param?
And get write successful?
[/quote]

yes, "WRITE SUCCSESSFUL" when I press connect again, it is back to 60.
QS will take my controller back. but it suck that I now have NO controller for weeks, and soon there is winter :(

Colomka said:
Hello! I bought an EM150 controller and wanted to change the voltage, after 2 hours of torture, it connected to the PC and I can change the voltage from 72v to 60v. After installing the controller on the E-moto, I turned the throttle but there was no response (After that I tried to reconnect the controller to the PC, but it does not connect and so on for 4 days ... I changed 2 blue laces, downloaded any suitable drivers and tried all Votol software .Help me to connect the controller to the PC please!

Try different SOFTWARE !!
There is different version out, the one you using does NEVER connect to my votol either.

Hello
I have just bought votol EM100 to replace my E-moto with speed higher than 65km / h but I connected it to the pc and set the following parameters then i turned the throttle but there was no response, ask everyone to see No matter what is wrong or error EM100

Attachments

• 1598106923228.jpg
    1598106923228.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 1,250
  • 1598106923492.jpg
    1598106923492.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 1598106924273.jpg
    1598106924273.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 1598106924493.jpg
    1598106924493.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 1,251
  • 1598106923760.jpg
    1598106923760.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 1598106924008.jpg
    1598106924008.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 1,246
Try different SOFTWARE !!
There is different version out, the one you using does NEVER connect to my votol either.
[/quote]

I have tried all the software( Which laces are still suitable for programming the controller other than pl2303?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMmX3qTej4 in this video, I show the sequence and the software I use.

Colomka said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMmX3qTej4 in this video, I show the sequence and the software I use.

How do you know it`s on port 3 ?
Enter WINDOW meny and write: Device Manager and find out what PORT to use first.

larsb said:
My votol stopped working today. Reason turned out to be a broken unprotected splice hidden in the main cable sleeve that connected to the throttle +5V
I found it when bike suddenly started working when i tried to program (then USB fed +5V through the splice to the throttle :D )
48F99570-8B1C-45BE-9A3D-F69A3DF9F5BE.jpeg
Poor workmanship, beware if you get issues like this
Were you able to restore the controller? When programming, I had about the same problem( since the previous owner left bare wires. And I didn't even ride the controller I bought. Maybe that's why I can't connect to the controller.

Back