recommend me an adjustable charger 14-15s 10A

izeman

1 GW
For the last 5y+ i've been using my Kingpan style 1000W charger. I added potentiometers and a CA display to see current, voltage and power going in. I now look for something more proper, as this charger now sometimes outputs 78V, and then goes down to what I set it to ...

Whatever. I need to charge my 14s and my 15s battery with it. Current needs to be adjustable, max current 10-15A is fine.

The Cylce Satiatior is a fine piece of hardware but won't charge high enough, and it's about double the price i'd like to pay.
About 150 for a moddable decent powersupply would be fine.

What can you recommend me? Thanks!

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66169&hilit=eaton
Been using this for the past 3 years (the APR48-ES version to be exact), my bro uses it almost daily to charge his 14S traction battery on his Aixam.
If you get the 3G version it can be modded simply with a resistor.

Both 14S and 15S in the same charger

**and** adjustable current?

will be a real challenge to find both cheap and reliable.

A lab-style unit like Sorensen would be ideal, sometimes come up on eBay at reasonable pricing, but shipping alone is often $80+

Might be better to go with cheap Chinese, get a spare while you're at it, likely to only last a couple years.

BTW Satiators can be stacked to get faster charge rates

Model #4808 give ~8A per unit, double that of the lower-voltage #7205

john61ct said:
**and** adjustable current?

Yes. That's the challenge. I can charge my 15s 30Ah pack with 10-15A easily, but won't risk that on my 14s 8Ah. I may also use two different chargers, but if one can do it, that's better.
I guess I now found out what my Kingpan charger's issue is. It may have to do with the adjustable resistor I use for the voltage setting. I will replace that. Other than this issue is has been working fine for many years now.

Back