Kelly Controllers Configuration Program - a Definitive Translation

I also got this reply on some setting for hall sensor throttles that show on page 1

As you may know,the output of hall throttle from Kelly is about from 0.86V to 4.2V.
Our controller will report 3.3 error code if the output of hall throttle is below 0.5V or above 4.5V by default.
The controller will think the hall throttle is shorted or damaged if the output is beyond the range from 0.5V to 4.5V.
You can adjust the threshold voltage below or above 0.5V.The controller will report the 3.3 code
to protect the system according to different types of hall throttle.
Because there are many different hall throttle suppliers in the world.The initial output can not be
always in the range of 0.5V to 4.5V.
But it doesn't make any differences if you choose 0-5V or 3-wire pot for the throttle type.That is
to say,these two settings are only useful for hall active throttle or pedal when you chose throttle type at 2.
As the same goes,it is valid to adjust the high threshold voltage above 4.5V or below 4.5V.
Usually the hall output voltage is 4.2V Max.If you adjust it to lower value which is near 4.2V,it may trigger the error code in normal way

Attachments

• Capture d’écran .JPG
    Capture d’écran .JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 966
I have a KLS96601 8080H

Anybody know how to change its Control mode between Speed, Torque and Balanced?
Control mode does not show on the GUI

Glyn said:
[x] Cruise: No info available, presumably cruise control.
Actually the Cruise function is not activated by the switch outside.
If you hold the throttle at a certain position for more than 4-5s, the controller will get into Cruise control.
When you turn on the brake switch or turn the throttle and release the throttle,the Cruise control will quit.

kenuser said:
Glyn said:
[x] Cruise: No info available, presumably cruise control.
Actually the Cruise function is not activated by the switch outside.
If you hold the throttle at a certain position for more than 4-5s, the controller will get into Cruise control.
When you turn on the brake switch or turn the throttle and release the throttle,the Cruise control will quit.

Sure, that's how it works on other controllers - if enabled, which could be externally switched as it is on KH6xx et al. (I love cruise control, but not for mountain climbing!)

Glyn said:
[x] Control Mode: Choose between Torque, Balanced and Speed mode. According to the manual, "Torque mode gives faster response of the load and good acceleration. Balanced mode brings fast response of the load and wide speed adjusting range. Speed mode brings smooth operation and wide speed adjusting range". I seem remember reading that all this setting does is limit voltage to the motors and it should be set to balanced. I'll have to find where i read that and update accordingly. Factory default is Torque. Update: Found this comment in the FAQ on the Kelly website:
Kelly FAQ said:
The controller will output voltage to motor proportional to throttle if under speed control mode. It will output current if under torque mode. The balanced mode is between them.

That's cool, never heard of combining the two. It's kind of interesting to imagine how that would work - I can't, maybe too early in the morning. I know practically nothing about this stuff, but it seems like certain related control functionalities, like cruise control and cadence PAS, fit with speed/voltage mode, where the torque mode would make more sense in combination with torque sensor driven PAS.

Back