60V 2500W Cyclone Fat Tire eBike 3.4 kWH 16s1p

bakaneko

100 W
Big boy battery time. 16s1p LG Chem N2.1 3.6V 60Ah separated into four 4s1p 60A BMS series back into 60V to fit into Dolomite Fat Tire bike frame. Previously, dodgy low price (cheap) scooter batteries 16 36V 4.4 Ah packs wired into series to produce 72V and low amps like 10A per pack. These LG Chem can produce 180A or more. Though, they are limited by the BMS at 60A and controller at 40A (peak). Batteries were from Battery Hookup (all sold out) and brand new never cycled and tested to produce 100% of capacity (on YT by David Poz); I got them literally at $100 per kWh ($350 for 3.4 kWh). I have a puny 60V 2A charger ATM and it barely charges half a volt in 1 hour, :lol: . I might redo the battery cover to be fiberglass and test out the PAS on the Cyclone in future updates. Total = $350 batteries + $320 Dolomite Fat Tire bike + $120 BMS (5x use 4) + $100 new fat tire mounts for Cyclone + $50 in materials and attachments (lights, speedo, etc) = $1000. :roll:

Top speed = 35-37 mph
Range = 100 miles (30 mph), 150 miles (20 mph) ESTIMATED :lol:

IMG_20200812_130350.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgSNiFvLd0

done deal! fat tires are a different ride, I have 3.0s on a non fat frame.. just barely Vey nice bike for 1,000 bucks... "prettier" bikes with that performance are like.... 4,000 and up or something the range makes it sweet :bigthumb: I will show you my charger so you don't have to charge so slowly. If you want to see it.

GIGATT said:
done deal! fat tires are a different ride, I have 3.0s on a non fat frame.. just barely Vey nice bike for 1,000 bucks... "prettier" bikes with that performance are like.... 4,000 and up or something the range makes it sweet :bigthumb: I will show you my charger so you don't have to charge so slowly. If you want to see it.

Ya, when I had my 72V system, I would parallel two chargers for a 5A charge. Right now, with this big battery it is a bit different how I charge. I rarely charge above 65% SOC and for my local runs even a couple hours and over 20+ miles I dont go below 45%. I think I can charge to 65% SOC at the beginning of the week and then that be good enough for that week (2-3 commutes and random fun). So, the 2A charger is okay for me.

I got a lot of good compliments about it and the specs but now and then I get the "is that a cardboard fairing"... I think I will just do a particle/wood board over it and paint it. There are a few areas that still needs better water/rain proofing too. Though first, I am gonna try to get PAS to work with the app and a 3 way switch and possible ebrake sensor as a clutch.

Back