E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

With my OG motor I had to re wire it, the original wire was of a smaller gauge and the sheathing was crap I switched to silicone. I also had to install a thermistor. crazy thing about that was there was one in there! the wiring was doubled back and it was never completed..anyway..

For anyone with the UFO motors Did you have to do any of that? Or were they more plug and play?

1abv said:
With my OG motor I had to re wire it, the original wire was of a smaller gauge and the sheathing was crap I switched to silicone. I also had to install a thermistor. crazy thing about that was there was one in there! the wiring was doubled back and it was never completed..anyway..

For anyone with the UFO motors Did you have to do any of that? Or were they more plug and play?

I had to change the hall connector to the later type which is leagues better than the earlier type.
I pulled the controller apart to do this properly.
temp sensor wire no-one could tell me where to connect it and it runs cooler than the 5403 and at 5kW they are near impossible to melt with a stock controller anyway.

1abv said:

I had to change the hall connector to the later type which is leagues better than the earlier type and actually seals
I pulled the controller apart to do this properly.
temp sensor wire no-one could tell me where to connect it and it runs cooler than the 5403 and at 6kW they are near impossible to melt with a stock controller anyway so no stress there.

I know its there for some time down the track when I change controllers

IM guessing you have a DC1? if by chance you have a CAV3 I can tell you how to wire in the sensor... Good to hear it runs cooler thought..

50017617793_86a3c92e11_z.jpg

Sunny daze,,,

Hello all, I recently picked up a used B-52 Bomber and am not really happy with the range I am getting.
Around town its only delivering maybe 20-25 miles. Currently thinking the battery might need to be replaced, as the previous owner stored it incorrectly for over a year (battery was stored at full power). Stealth wants me to also upgrade the BMS and controller and are pushing to upgrade to the newer more powerful 6.2 motor. After dropping for the bike I am not keen to throw down another shit ton of money for all that. My question is... are there off the shelf batteries that will do the job without needing to upgrade everything? I really don't have the skills nor time to build my own battery.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Ian_M said:
Hello all, I recently picked up a used B-52 Bomber and am not really happy with the range I am getting.
Around town its only delivering maybe 20-25 miles. Currently thinking the battery might need to be replaced, as the previous owner stored it incorrectly for over a year (battery was stored at full power). Stealth wants me to also upgrade the BMS and controller and are pushing to upgrade to the newer more powerful 6.2 motor. After dropping for the bike I am not keen to throw down another shit ton of money for all that. My question is... are there off the shelf batteries that will do the job without needing to upgrade everything? I really don't have the skills nor time to build my own battery.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

Yeah the stock battery leaves a lot to be desired, because it's too small capacity. I bought a new battery for my bike on Aliexpress earlier this year. It's 35Ah, 72v, and it fits perfectly in the frame. Performance is the same as stock except for a lot of extra capacity. I ordered the 6000w, 100 amp bms. I sent them a picture of the battery installed in my bike, and they're using it on their website. I didn't have to change anything, except the power plug. In the picture you can see the battery comes with a 120 amp anderson plug, so I had to swap it for a stock 50 amp plug.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32921052191.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4ed54c4dWo226X

Hey thank you so much!
What sort of increase in range did you get?
The controller works ok? Which motor do you have, the 5400 or 6200?

Ian_M said:
Hey thank you so much!
What sort of increase in range did you get?
The controller works ok? Which motor do you have, the 5400 or 6200?

My bike is a 2013 model which is a 4500w. You can just slap this battery in your bike and it will run fine after you deal with the 120 amp anderson connector. I did need to make a couple changes to my computer which is a CA3. I changed the battery chemistry, and number of amps hour setting, which just calibrates the power meter.

The added range is the main story. I can ride at traffic speed for 50 miles now. Range is no longer a problem. Typically I hardly ever use more than 25 amp hours on a ride. The best part is even when battery is half discharged, it still has good power, unlike the stock 18 ah battery that was getting pretty weak after about 16ah.

Thank you!
Honestly whilst I suspect the battery I have has been friend by the previous owner, the range in general of the Stealth bikes seems to be pretty poor. The advertised 50-60 mile range is in eco mode, which we all know is next to useless. 20-25miles in comp mode is for the price of these bikes pathetic. When you look at the Delfast which is advertising over 150miles. Stealth is telling me I need to spend around 3600 to upgrade the battery, which is still not going to give me the range I want. My fault I guess for not doing the research.

Ian_M said:
Stealth is telling me I need to spend around 3600 to upgrade the battery, which is still not going to give me the range I want. My fault I guess for not doing the research.
Is that what they want these days...no wonder I keep getting people knocking at my door for builds. I need to up my price. :p

Cheers

Just rode a 2020 Xduro allmtn 2.0 Haibike..
interesting. The weight difference to my bike was bananas. And the brakes worked amazing. Suspension was ok but the weight helped out pretty much everything. No where in the same class as my bike, seemed like a great way to stay in shape. totally down on power but 250 watts...what would I expect. Unlike other pedal assist bikes the power came on quite soft. fun bike..

Looking for in-state supply of button head bolts for side panel compartment. Are they m5 fine thread 8 mm?

st35326 said:
KarlJ said:
which controller do you run now?
I run 22S and charge to max 90V typically even less for commuting 88V ...
dont want to break the stock controller running 92.4V

Sabvoton 72150

My stock controller is in the trash
Hello,

New owner here, I actually have the same sabvoton, can you please tell me how to wire it up to a B52. I have number 833, don’t know what year it is but it has a Crystalyte motor.

I noticed my rear wheel was a little out of true a couple weeks ago. It didn't look too bad, but I needed a new tire anyway so my plan was to true the rim and change the tire at the same time, and install my new floating rotor.

The first thing I did after removing the wheel was to wash it, and that's when I found this.

I'm afraid I caused this failure. This was my first rookie wheel build after watching a youtube of how to do it. Of course I, being a super genius, decided to use magnetic dial micrometers so I could get it within 0.00000000000000000000000003". I spent so much time looking at the dials I didn't notice the spokes were starting to pull through the spoke holes.

Back