Sur-Ron Battery upgrade

EDIT: Martin has replied now. Sent a PM to Martin but not had a reply yet. Is he still active?

Asi Bac 855 just buy from Martin, superfast shipping and serious seller!
Suggested! :bigthumb:

ps. asi requires strong learning curve compared to other controlller (ie. kelly, cyclone, votol) but seems a way better at least as interface and tunable parameters.
I broke kelly 300amp controller simply writing parameters via Bluetooth during motor spin......ASI seems a lot more reliable until you not flash old version parameters in to the controller. If you do that, like I did, you brick the controller!!

PM sent ! I'll go BBSHD / EggRider v2 / ASI 855 for my Coast Cycle upgrade Buzzraw

399ede0e5bde95ce76c2ce8e5624a991a094c69f_2_1332x1000.jpeg

Some info for anyone thinking of buying an ASI controller. I bought an ASI BAC 855 from martin (no problems at all btw) but I found that the bluetooth module in the controller wasn't appearing in the Bacdoor channel list. After emailing back and forth with Martin and some testing with different phones/tablets it looks like the Bacdoor app doesn't work with Android 10. I have a Samsung 9+ and there seems to be a permissions issue. I've tested it with Android 5.1 and 7.1 and it works in both versions.

For me a non issue! eventually such issues are likely to soon get fixed

Meantime even high quality older Androids can be easily bought for peanuts.

john61ct said:
For me a non issue! eventually such issues are likely to soon get fixed

Meantime even high quality older Androids can be easily bought for peanuts.

wakko said:
Some info for anyone thinking of buying an ASI controller. I bought an ASI BAC 855 from martin (no problems at all btw) but I found that the bluetooth module in the controller wasn't appearing in the Bacdoor channel list. After emailing back and forth with Martin and some testing with different phones/tablets it looks like the Bacdoor app doesn't work with Android 10. I have a Samsung 9+ and there seems to be a permissions issue. I've tested it with Android 5.1 and 7.1 and it works in both versions.

Guys listen up.

IF YOU HAVE ANDROID 9 OR NEWER YOU MUST HAVE LOCATION ENABLED IN ADDITION TO BLUETOOTH FOR IT TO FIND DEVICES IN APPS!!

wakko said:

I have the Sammy Note 10+ with Android 10 and BacDoor does work, but the browsing / saving parameter file doesn't

guys, what is the preferred dashboard interface for this controller? eggrider, apt, or ca v3? Thank you!

Hertzelz said:
wakko said:

I have the Sammy Note 10+ with Android 10 and BacDoor does work, but the browsing / saving parameter file doesn't

Realme x2 with android 10 works perfectly...

:warn: :warn: :warn: Do not flash 5.x config to new asi as I did. Now I have a fancy brick. :warn: :warn: :warn:
I am trying to have some support form Martin but no luck for now.
Someone know if with the PC ASI Software is possible to un-brick the controller?

thanks

j

Guys listen up.

IF YOU HAVE ANDROID 9 OR NEWER YOU MUST HAVE LOCATION ENABLED IN ADDITION TO BLUETOOTH FOR IT TO FIND DEVICES IN APPS!!
[/quote]

Doh! Should have konwn to try that. I've now tested it on my Samsung 9+ with location turned on and it works.

lqbweb said:
guys, what is the preferred dashboard interface for this controller? eggrider, apt, or ca v3? Thank you!
CAv3 is not a dashboard, only external info, has no access to controller data.

Cannot do even the hall sensor motor identification.
Surron, bac 8000 version 6.012. The wheel is shacking moves a bit, motor makes weird noise.
Does anyone have a good advise for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-24-21-14-47-790_com.accel_droid.asi.bacdoor.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-24-21-14-47-790_com.accel_droid.asi.bacdoor.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,537
jonnydrive said:
:warn: :warn: :warn: Do not flash 5.x config to new asi as I did. Now I have a fancy brick. :warn: :warn: :warn:
Someone know if with the PC ASI Software is possible to un-brick the controller?

thanks

j

i already bricked 2x BAC8000 just by clicking on Run on motor calibration, then the bluetooth disconnected and the controller red light is on, but not reachable or response even from pc.

how yours happen?

I confirm Martin is a top seller. Fast shipping to Paris.

I'm now progressing slowly and need to make the harness cable that connects the ASI855 to BBSHD.

Is this cable available somewhere? This would save me a lot of time !

I want to officially clarify something here.

INFO:
All BAC models work on up to 72V nominal battery voltage (20s, peak voltage 84V). We supply controllers worldwide. We can preprogram controller before shipping out, however we do not guarantee it to work. Our mission is to supply components quick, make harness, 3D printed mounting brackets etc. If there is a malfunction with controllers harware or software and and it needs to be repaired or replaced, it will go directly through ASI (we help with procedure). Customer ships controller to HQ ASI in Canada and receives it back when repair is finished for free. Customer doesn not pay for shipping. We have a lot of experience with programing and pairing it with various motors (we could also supply basic config for common motors).

Nitpicky..
  • Only the BAC855 and up are from 36-72V nominally
  • Can't guarantee it'll work?!?!
  • f there is a malfunction with controllers harware or software and and it needs to be repaired or replaced, it will go directly through ASI (we help with procedure)

Specifically this. ASI warranties do not cover the end user. But rather the OEM / Distributer who sold it. Customer must ship the controller back to place of purchase, (in this case Martin Mertik) and after troubleshooting, only then will it possibly be replaced if we deem that it is a manufacturing defect, and not abuse, misconfiguration, or mis-wiring.

Martin Kunze
Applications Engineering Manager
Accelerated Systems Inc

Hertzelz said:
jonnydrive said:

thanks

j

i already bricked 2x BAC8000 just by clicking on Run on motor calibration, then the bluetooth disconnected and the controller red light is on, but not reachable or response even from pc.

how yours happen?

Hey guys: Flashing old parameters into the new software: https://support.accelerated-systems.com/KB/?p=2019

The motor calibration issue, most likely the controller was sent with Speed Regulator mode set to Speed instead of torque mode, causing the switching frequency to set outside of what Bluetooth is capable of working.

you should be able to unbrick it yourself by changing the switching frequency back to 13000, the baud rate of port 2 to 115200 and setting the Speed regulator mode back to Torque mode.

Back