Hello guys i have a 60V 3200W electric scooter Motor
3200W (2pcs x 1600W)
Battery Voltage 60V

The current controller used is :
60V Scooter Electric Board 25A

My question if i replace it with a
60V37A controller

Will it be a problem?

Your battery might not be able to provide that much current, and could be damaged. Your cable harness might not have heavy enough wire for it. Or the motor might overheat.

What’s your objective? Increasing the current can make the scooter accelerate faster and climb hills at a higher speed, but it won't increase your top speed by much at all.

Hello and thank you for your reply,
From what i understand the controller is what will decide the maximum working A ?
The scooter that i have is 3200W
The current battery i am using is 60Vx32AH
The current controller DC60V 25A

Balmorhea said:
mobutu2k said:
Hello guys i have a 60V 3200W electric scooter Motor
3200W (2pcs x 1600W)
Battery Voltage 60V

The current controller used is :
60V Scooter Electric Board 25A

My question if i replace it with a
60V37A controller

Will it be a problem?

Your battery might not be able to provide that much current, and could be damaged. Your cable harness might not have heavy enough wire for it. Or the motor might overheat.

What’s your objective? Increasing the current can make the scooter accelerate faster and climb hills at a higher speed, but it won't increase your top speed by much at all.

mobutu2k said:
Hello and thank you for your reply,
From what i understand the controller is what will decide the maximum working A ?
The scooter that i have is 3200W
The current battery i am using is 60Vx32AH
The current controller DC60V 25A

60V x 25A = 1500W electrical, and a little over 1000W motor output depending on efficiency and other factors. It's definitely not a 3200W scooter.

What kind of battery is it? If it's lead acid batteries, they can give higher than 25A current, but with rapidly increasing voltage sag and energy loss. If it's lithium, there will be a battery management circuit that determines how much current the batteries can supply.

Hi,

First, could you post some pics of the scooter? It will help a lot giving more accurate answers.

From the data you gave us, I'd say you'll be just fine using this 37A controller, given the fact that your battery is a 37Ah one, that gives a C rating of around 1C which is really not much even if you have really bad quality battery cells.
So, electrically speaking, this should work, no problem.

As Balmorhea said, one issue might be the battery monitoring system if this thing is using a lithium battery (and it's likely to be lithium given the fact that 37Ah is a lot of capacity, so that'd be huge and heavy with lead acid), in which case it might cut the power when you'll try to accelerate. Or not, depending how the people who installed the monitoring system programmed it. My guess would be that it will work, the power difference is not that crazy.
So anyway, you can try, it there's no major red sign here. :wink:

Back