Electrolyte leak?

BDamari

10 W
I was salvaging cells and noticed corrosion/rust looking bumps creeping under the insulation.

Obviously I won't be using those cells in my projects, but are these ticking time bombs or just garbage?
https://imgur.com/a/rREF8kI

Most likely stable if flat, but obviously don't charge or try to use them. Chuck them in a battery recycle facility near you. If they have charge then they could be an issue if severely rusted (like though the case) and then subject to an impact, or if they are charged. Then you have a fire risk. Discharge them in a fire proof container /place and then recycle as above.
Edit spelling.

What type of cell how much voltage is in them ? If there's a charge in them they can make fire even in the recycling bin you could put a tail light from a car on there or a headlight in drain them. Or put them in a bucket of water.then salt and that will kill it . But your water will bubble green with brown form on top . This was Harold out but then I think that water is toxic.funny thing is when you put it in the water nothing happens will you put the quarter cup of salt in their things happen fast. Careful. As they are alive.
Again what type and how big ?
Who I saw the photo 2.5v is zero I think.

999zip999 said:
What type of cell how much voltage is in them ? If there's a charge in them they can make fire even in the recycling bin you could put a tail light from a car on there or a headlight in drain them. Or put them in a bucket of water.then salt and that will kill it . But your water will bubble green with brown form on top . This was Harold out but then I think that water is toxic.funny thing is when you put it in the water nothing happens will you put the quarter cup of salt in their things happen fast. Careful. As they are alive.
Again what type and how big ?
Who I saw the photo 2.5v is zero I think.
They're samsung 26f 18650s

Back