new eZip motor

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
john61ct   100 GW

100 GW

Re: new eZip motor

Post by john61ct » Sep 16 2020 10:41pm

A clue as to why some only post to help out sporadically

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 17 2020 4:16pm

Ouch!!!!
The world sucks bad.

Anyway I did manage to get out of bed about 1 PM and got my license plates for the Caddy. It cost me over 50 bucks and had to stand there about an hour. When it comes to Motor vehicles it really is not much different than it was in NY about 20 years ago before they updated the way they do things. It is like time runs slower as soon as you enter the building. Everything is slow motion. :roll:

I have to go out and put the plates on the car now. I think I will work on mounting the 1,000W controller for the 26" hub motor to the triangle in the 26" dual suspension. Hopefully tomorrow I can get my tires fixed and maybe get the hub motor taken to a bike shop and get the rim fixed. I also have to pick up my torque arms at the post office tomorrow as when I got down town it was almost 5 PM so did not make the post office.

I will post pictures of the controller mount like I did with the Giant. I am not sure when that will be finished as I want to order those tires Dan posted awhile ago. It also needs a rear disk brake caliper. I am still installing the 500W 700c geared e bikeling hub motor on the front so will need the good puncture resistant tires and tubes for both front and rear so that project is currently on hold.

This will be my third controller and battery mount into a bike frame. The 20" Turbo I rode today was the first last month and the Giant Roam the second so this is #3. I will post pictures.

Thanks.

LC. out.
I build e bikes. There not always pretty or practical but sometimes they work, at least for awhile. Immortality is not a dream but the future of our evolution. We were given the tools to forge our own destiny. We were created in gods image and shall evolve to live forever.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 23 2020 7:45pm

download (8).png
download (8).png (55.66 KiB) Viewed 619 times
download (9).png
download (9).png (26.81 KiB) Viewed 617 times
download (10).png
download (10).png (27.26 KiB) Viewed 617 times
download (11).png
download (11).png (29.47 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Ok. I could really use some help here with this.

I am trying to consolidate my storage and by next month do away with my storage bill. The Clear Creek Schwinn is getting the Unite MY1020 motor which has an 11 tooth motor sprocket and a 60T spoke sprocket. The bike is for John. Not me. The motor would work at 24V and would be geared for 21 mph but I do not have 24V batteries and John is about 250 pounds so would not work well up hills with only 500 watts at 24V. I want to go with 36V and 750W and I can hook him up with batteries.

They do not make a larger spoke sprocket than 60T that I know of and already own a 60T and my mounting hardware came in at the post office. With an 11T motor sprocket it will be way over geared and a dog up hills. A 9 tooth motor sprocket is my only option but electric scooter parts don't make one. I also checked monster scooter as well as google. If anyone knows where I can get a 9T motor sprocket , double D bore -10mm. I will need to order at least two and might order 3 as I have another bike to build for Mike as well as the 1,800W brushless motor. That will allow me to use a smaller wheel sprocket and save money. Please , someone post a link.

Thanks.

LC. out.
I build e bikes. There not always pretty or practical but sometimes they work, at least for awhile. Immortality is not a dream but the future of our evolution. We were given the tools to forge our own destiny. We were created in gods image and shall evolve to live forever.

Balmorhea   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Balmorhea » Sep 23 2020 11:39pm

Don't use a 9 tooth chain sprocket, ever, for anything. Unite motors come with 11t, which is bad enough. If you like noise and accelerated chain wear, it will do. You don't have to go full retard with a 9t.

ZeroEm   10 kW

10 kW

Post by ZeroEm » Sep 24 2020 2:38pm

full retard with a 9t
:lol:
abundans cautela non nocet
2019 Performer E-Trike 9w/km
2013 Nissan Leaf S 7 bars 331.5w/KM

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 24 2020 3:18pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Stee ... SwZ4Rb2xqT
download (15).png
download (15).png (103.35 KiB) Viewed 590 times
download (16).png
download (16).png (27.31 KiB) Viewed 589 times
download (17).png
download (17).png (80.89 KiB) Viewed 588 times
The price on the 72 tooth is low and 26 mph gearing @ 750 watts is not too bad but how do I mount the sprocket to the wheel ????? My mounting kit is for a 9 hole sprocket and 36 spoke wheel. the sprocket on the bottom is the hole pattern on the 60T spoke sprocket I ordered hardware for. The 72 tooth sprockets above that are what I will need to gear the bike for 36V.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Balmorhea   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Balmorhea » Sep 24 2020 7:03pm

Are you sure the Unite motor you want to use has a #35 chain sprocket? The ones I've seen use either #25 or else regular bike chain.

The 11t and 12t sprockets above are for a different kinds of chain than the 72t.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 24 2020 7:24pm

36V and 750W is ok for #25 or #35 chain. I ran the same motor @ 750W and 36V for about 2 years on this post at the very start and maybe first 50 to 100 pages. The Currie came with a dual drive hub which supported a pedal chain and a left drive freewheel on the motor side. A stock Currie wheel is about 120 bucks if I want pedal.

I do not see any 72 - 76 tooth sprockets that will work with a spoke mount kit. A custom sprocket would be way too expensive. My goal is to get rid of e bikes and old motors I am not using so I can get rid of my storage and save money. Not spend more money on parts.

I guess I could use the original 80T #25 sprocket and a 11T - #25 motor sprocket on the pedal side and forget about pedaling. Brush motors are reversible so will not be a problem. I will need to remove the cassette and get a freewheel put on it.

If anyone has a better idea please let me know. Thanks.

LC. out.

Balmorhea   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Balmorhea » Sep 24 2020 9:52pm

latecurtis wrote:
Sep 24 2020 7:24pm
36V and 750W is ok for #25 or #35 chain. I ran the same motor @ 750W and 36V for about 2 years on this post at the very start and maybe first 50 to 100 pages.
Any of those chains will do, but the front and rear sprockets and the chain must all be the same kind. So use a driven sprocket that matches whatever the motor comes with.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 26 2020 1:10am

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. A sensible compromise - 8S lithium - 30V for proper gearing.

Basically I am building two e bikes that I will be giving away. They are free bikes as I am trying to consolidate my storage and e bike projects for the winter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8S-8-S-33-6V-1 ... Sw~1NfK8DQ
download (19).png
download (19).png (305.06 KiB) Viewed 538 times
https://www.ebay.com/itm/8S-29-4V-2A-3A ... Swi6BeblqR
download (20).png
download (20).png (181.88 KiB) Viewed 533 times
1,000W @ 3,000 rpm / 48 = 62.5 * 30 = 1,875 rpm @ 625W
download (21).png
download (21).png (28.34 KiB) Viewed 528 times
download (22).png
download (22).png (28.2 KiB) Viewed 528 times
2750 / 36 * 30 = 2,291 rpm @ 666W.

That takes care of both builds. The BMSs are cheap and not spending a lot on batteries. I will probably order 100 or 200 18650 cells from battery hookup. I will be building two 8S packs for the bikes I am giving away and any left over I will build a pack for myself. If I can't use a 24V or 36V controller I will use two variable brush controllers with the knob for a throttle.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 27 2020 6:24am

As The Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns, DA. Where are you, ??? We need your expert opinion on these videos. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPHsz-cD-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iv5bGXRahc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyu7v7nWzfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARXSPARbZU

The physics are beyond my knowledge and I suspect trickery. You are the only person I know who possesses intelligence which may shed light on this situation. Is this an elaborate hoax or is there a breakthrough in physics. Are there actually e bike inventions and patents we should be embracing. I have seen more powerful magnets as have built custom 12, 15 and 18" band pass and isobaric speaker enclosures. The magnet in the video is small but appears to be magic. :lol: The third video could explain the rabbit hole the other videos create. Or not.

Please let me know.

LC. out.

DrkAngel   100 GW

100 GW

Post by DrkAngel » Sep 27 2020 7:25am

Interesting perpetual motion machine hoax!
I say "interesting" because it stimulates the idea of creating electricity from sound.
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There, shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely, sobers us again.

I enjoy enlightening ... and enlivening the spirit of the innovators.

New & Improved - Acronym Definitions

Index - Homemade Battery Packs - Updated - December 2019

EBike Toolbox - Bargains! $

Endless Sphere Wiki - Lost?

DrkAngel   100 GW

100 GW

Post by DrkAngel » Sep 27 2020 5:19pm

DrkAngel wrote:
Sep 27 2020 7:25am
Interesting perpetual motion machine hoax!
I say "interesting" because it stimulates the idea of creating electricity from sound.
Expressway signs powered by traffic noise?
Screaming babies powering baby monitors or mobiles?
Curses, horns etc. powering slow ebikes.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 27 2020 7:41pm

download (12).png
download (12).png (298.8 KiB) Viewed 462 times

I have a quick question.

What controller will work for 8S or 33.6V - 28V.

Fully charged 8S is 4.2 * 8 and empty is 3.5 * 8.

I seriously doubt that a 36V controller would work but how about a 24V controller ?

If not my only option is a variable controller.

Please let me know. Thanks.

LC. out.

marty   10 MW

10 MW

Post by marty » Sep 28 2020 2:59pm

latecurtis wrote:
Sep 24 2020 7:24pm

LC. out.
Hub motor.
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
http://www.voltev.com

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 29 2020 2:21pm

latecurtis wrote: ↑Sep 24 2020 8:24pm

LC. out.
Hub motor.
Most of the bikes I have been running and working on are indeed hub motors. In fact I have not run a chain drive in about 18 months. I recently acquired my storage full of e bikes , frames , spare motors and controllers and tools.

I am currently working on a giant with two e bikeling hub motors., front and rear. I am also working on putting a 1,000 watt direct drive hub motor on the back of the 26" dual suspension which had one of the e bikling motors on it which is now on the back of the Giant. I am also daily commuting with a 20" Turbo with an 800W hub motor on the rear.

Basically I am not throwing out the chain drive motors I currently own. I own the following.

1.) A 24V 500W - 2,500 rpm brushed Unite motor.

2.) A 36V 800W 2,750 rpm brushed Unite motor.

3.) A 48V 1,000W 3,000 rpm brushed unite motor.

4.) A 36V 750W 480 rpm brushed gear reduction motor.

5,) A 48V 1,800W 3,000 rpm brushless motor.

Note. The first two motors are currently installed on a working 20" e bike geared for approx. 20 mph at 24V and 30 mph at 36V.

Also #4. The 750W gear reduction motor is currently installed on the Currie.

The 1,000W Unite motor is going on the Clear Creek Schwinn for someone else. I need it to be functional. I am attempting to consolidate my storage. I may also remove #1 and #2 and use those motors on different bikes. One bike to pass on and the other motor can go on the front of the Currie the same way it is currently mounted to the 20" bike only with a different sprocket for gearing. The 1,800W motor might go on the rear of a Haro V3. Not 100% sure yet.

If I were just building a daily commuter for myself I would go with an easy hub motor kit like I did with Easy Street which I named because of the ease of installation. However I am not a novice just looking for a daily commuter. I am beyond that. E bike building is a hobby of mine and I have too many and need to move at least two.

The people I am moving them to are more mechanically inclined than myself as they both work on cars and have tools. I am NOT responsible for brakes or gearing. I will make that absolutely clear before passing them the bikes. Both these guys are capable of building go carts as well as fixing motorcycles and cars. I am only installing the motors and sprockets and electronics and mabye batteries.

My old 36V packs are still good for 15 miles or so and the other bike I am building , the person can afford their own battery. If you think this is not right well you do not know the entire story. I bought a 2006 Cadillac for 1,000 bucks. Not only does it have a bad K frame but 3 out of four tires leak air and I have about 400 bucks in it not counting insurance and still have two flat tires on the front.

The bike is part of a deal where I trade the 2006 Cadillac for a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country van with over 220K miles which is basically another rust bucket. The thing is I can store a lot of bike parts and tools in it off the road in my back yard so I don't have all that stuff in a 400 square foot apartment. I can then save 76 bucks a month in storage as well as 65 bucks a month in auto insurance.

My plan is to save about 1,000 by late spring , early summer so I will have 2,000 to move as I have 1,000 put away in an account. I will need to buy a 54 dollar battery at Wall-Mart to get the van started and have less than a week before the storage and auto insurance is taken out of my monthly check.

The second bike is for the brother in Florida of the guy I am doing the deals with. He just wants a free bike in turn for helping me move next year. Both bikes are spare parts I am not using and I am throwing in a pedal bike as well for the son of the guy in Florida as well as extra tires and wheels.

I hope that this explains what I am doing as I will be building and working on e bikes all winter as the e bike work shop will be going and will even have a 100 buck budget a month for any new parts or batteries needed which will not come out of the 150 a month savings.

Please note that this hobby not only keeps me out of trouble but is productive and therapeutic as I am mentally ill and it keeps my mind off of negative stuff. There are much worse hobbies like gamboling , bars and night clubs. and recreational drugs. Therefore building chain drive e bikes is not a bad thing and there are thousands of videos on you tube building chain drives so do not see any reason why I should give up on chain drives. I do admit I have had limited success however if a person gives up then they will never succeed in anything. A quitter will never reach a goal.

Please let me know after reading my post. Please do not just read a few lines and then post a short comet. I am looking to learn all possible ways to build an e bike and hopefully someday other new members can look back on this post and maybe learn something.

Thanks.

LC. out.

DrkAngel   100 GW

100 GW

Post by DrkAngel » Sep 29 2020 10:54pm

Chain drive motors can work great ... if used within their realms of designed application ...
I've run them for 12+ years (Snow Beast, after 12 Winters, getting replacement My1018z 24V 450w, volted up to 36V 675w and geared down to 9t/22t for max climbing torque and a legal ~20mph cruising speed)

Some 3, of your problems are that:

#1 you choose motors designed for 8"-12" wheels, (scooters and go-carts), so you are forced to use ridiculously large gears that still leave you with pitiful efficiency and performance.

#2 you use gear-chain types that have squared teeth. Designed for straight-solid-secure mounting, that you mount on wimp-ass bike frames in a very tenuous manner. (Compare to the self-aligning #410/#415 gears with beveled teeth sides, for alignment forgiveness)

#3 chain drives require a certain amount of slack/tension. You constantly fight your losing battle with your slip-slide motor mount method. (use a secure mount with a tension gear or roller for adjustment?)

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Sep 30 2020 6:34pm

Thank you DA.

Those are all things I can work on. I only plan on building one chain drive to give away. The Clear Creek Schwinn. John is a little impatient and do not believe I can finish the Schwinn soon as the rim is a little bent and even after watching a few you tube videos had no luck truing it. The spokes are rusty and cant find my spoke tool. Also I do not have a #40 chain breaker and need a longer piece of chain to hook everything up.

John wants to ride a bike now or very soon so we made a deal today. I traded the 2006 Cadillac DTS I paid 1,000 for and put over 300 in tires and rim repair just to have two front tires still go flat as the rims are so corroded. The only good thing about the Caddy is the motor. It was replaced and has about 60K on it. New factory rims run over 200 each and used are 100 and have to drive to Cleveland about 2 hours with no spare. Also the K frame on the Cadillac has a spot in the front passenger side that may last a year or two at the most and might not even be fixable.

I now own the van which has a lot more body rust but the frame under it is solid. Just surface rust. No holes. The rims and tires are good also. But it has over 220K miles. Chrysler Town and Country. It has a new water pump , radiator , thermostat and oil pan gasket. The overdrive does not work but does go in reverse and first , second and drive work perfect. It is a four speed auto but only 3 speeds work.I am not sure how long the Tranny and motor will last but works great as a shed for storing things. :D

I will be getting all my storage here this week end. I am giving John the 20" bike with the two chain drive motors on it but am removing the front motor. He will have the 24V , 2,500 rpm motor on the back with the 80T #25 11T motor sprocket. It is not geared for hills. Note that John is not a serious e bike driver / owner. For him it is just a little fun. I can order an 89T which should help gear it better. John collects cars , trucks and vans and has a newer model 800 c motorcycle. He owns a $50+ K truck that is parked in a garage and he never drives. :lol: Also an RV which he pays storage for.

I am just trying to have a little winter hobby and save some money so want to get rid of some bikes and parts.

1,) The Clear creek Schwinn and 48V- 1,000 W Unite chain drive motor.

2.) The 20" mongoose with the 24V - 500W 2,500 rpm Unite motor.

3.) The 27" DimondBack Mountain bike. with spare tires and rims.

4, The Schwinn Ranger. Spare tires and rims.

The first two are for John who I traded the car for the van. The other is his brother Mike and he can build his own e bikes. I am probably giving John my old Lithium batteries still good for 10 to 15 miles. I will order more 36V packs next month.

I just need to get the 48V - 1,000 Unite motor mounted to the Clear Creek then I am finished with chain drive motors for a little while. I have the Giant Roam with the geared e bikling hub motor on the rear and am putting the other 700c e bikeling motor off the Giant cypress hybrid and putting that on the front of the Giant Roam for dual hub motors.

I am then putting the 1,000W direct drive hub motor on the back of the 26" dual suspension which HAD the e bikeling motor on it that is now on the Giant Roam. That gives me three very reliable e bikes with hub motors.

I will be left with .

1.) The 750W gear reduction motor which is on the back of the Currie. It is 480 rpm and hooked to a 20T freewheel.
download (13).png
download (13).png (27.44 KiB) Viewed 380 times
2.) The 800W - 36V - 2,750 rpm brushed Unite motor.

3.) The 1,800W - 3,000 rpm brushless motor.

4.) The 26" Haro V3 mountain bike.

5.) The 20" DimondBack viper frame. - No motor.

6.) The 26" 1990s vintage DimondBack Outlook frame. - No Motor

7,) Easy Street, The 700c hybrid Giant Cypress frame. - No motor.

I am thinking about the 800W - 36V - 2,750 rpm brushed Unite motor for the front of the Currie for Dual motors,
download (14).png
download (14).png (28.02 KiB) Viewed 376 times
download (15).png
download (15).png (27.68 KiB) Viewed 374 times
download (16).png
download (16).png (27.63 KiB) Viewed 373 times
The two gear modifications above are for the Currie e zip Trailz. The 750W - 480 rpm gear reduction motor will be geared for 25.69 mph with a 16T freewheel instead of the 20T. The front will get the 89T #25 sprocket from electric scooter parts with an 11T #25 motor sprocket for 26.38 mph. Total power will be 800W + 750W = 1,550W.

I can run an optional 48V brush controller on the rear for a 48V option with bullets for a quick 48V upgrade. For the front brush motor I can use the variable brush controller with the built in pot or speed knob. I will need to plug the thumb throttle in the rear to the 48V controller or run two thumb throttles. Or I could use one thumb throttle and wire it to two 36V and two 48V controllers and not use the variable controller. That way I would just have to hook the batteries plugs to either 36V or 48V.
download (17).png
download (17).png (28.47 KiB) Viewed 368 times
download (18).png
download (18).png (29 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Above is gearing @ 48V and 2,066 Total Watts. :mrgreen:

That is my next chain drive e bike upgrade for the Currie. :D

I am thinking the 1,800W brushless motor for the 26" Haro V3 sometime after the Currie is done. 60V of LiPo sounds good for 2,250W and 43 mph gearing. :twisted:

Please let me know what you think and is great to hear from you DA.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Oct 03 2020 5:02am

#1 you choose motors designed for 8"-12" wheels, (scooters and go-carts), so you are forced to use ridiculously large gears that still leave you with pitiful efficiency and performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY06nnci91c

That was my idea of a push cart. I just watched this particular video for the first time , however the way it was hooked up is exactly like I was thinking hooking to the rear axle. The motor obviously and wheel would be bigger. 8 or 12" wheel and 1 to 3 killowatt motor. A 26" or larger bike. A large battery pack over the wheel for traction.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Oct 04 2020 4:53am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60V-DC-Brushle ... SwI49etrLj
download (2).png
download (2).png (205.47 KiB) Viewed 293 times
download (3).png
download (3).png (27.02 KiB) Viewed 291 times
4,250 / 60 * 36 = 2,550

2,000 / 60 * 36 = 1,200W

1,200W for 36 mph gearing really is not that bad. My 1,800W brushless motor is 1,350W at 36V and 2,250 rpm which is a little better but I paid over twice as much for the motor. These 60V brushless motors will also work well at 24V. A 48V 2,000W brushless motor will be 1,000W @ 24V and 1/2 the rpms then 48V. 60V makes this logic work even better when the motor is 4,000 to 4,500 rpm @ 60V.

I am basically limited to 24V and 500W and 20 mph gearing with the 48V - 1,000W - 3,000 rpm brush unite motor I am currently building at this time. As far as I know 60T is the largest spoke sprocket they make with out spending over 100 bucks on a custom sprocket.

You will see me building a lot of brushless chain drives in the future. I would like to buy some brand new low cost 26" mountain bikes at Wall-Mart and install a motor , controller and batteries and sell at a 200 to 300 buck profit. e bikes are gaining in popularity. I do not want to mess with pedal gears , brakes ect. If I buy brand new and convert I also wont have to deal with bent rims.
download (4).png
download (4).png (202.74 KiB) Viewed 283 times
download (5).png
download (5).png (27.37 KiB) Viewed 281 times
download (7).png
download (7).png (27.36 KiB) Viewed 278 times
That motor will beat my 48V - 1,800W brushless motor. It will be 1,500W @ 36V and 34 mph gearing. It is also a little cheaper than my 1,800W motor was. I did not see it back when I ordered my motor.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Oct 08 2020 11:27pm

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. The Currie e zip Trailz.
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg (205.71 KiB) Viewed 208 times
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg (392.8 KiB) Viewed 208 times
IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg (314.93 KiB) Viewed 208 times
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg (392.8 KiB) Viewed 208 times
I need to build a triangle battery rack for the little bike with two motors. I decided it was too much trouble to remove the 800W motor on the front of the 20" dual motor bike. It desperatly needs a battery mount in the frame for even weight distribution. It has a heavy motor on the front with a heavy 56T #40 spoke sprocket as well as the heavy #40 roller chain. It makes the front ridiculous with 10P - 10S lithium batteries in the front basket. The rear motor has the smaller #25 chain and 80T sprocket. Other than that it is fully functional at 36V and 1,550W geared for approx. 30 mph.

The Clear Creek Schwinn has the 48V - 1,000W brush unite motor hooked up to a 36V Chinese controller. It is over geared but will let John know if he plans on going up hills to take the little bike with two motors. I am passing him both bikes. I am also giving him the old 10s - 10P packs and ordering a 20 ah - 10S pack to run in parallel with the new packs I got.
download (21).png
download (21).png (361.61 KiB) Viewed 199 times
IMG_0265.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg (310.5 KiB) Viewed 206 times
I am keeping the Currie as it is my first bike. Also since it is geared for about 18 mph with the 750W geared reduction motor I am not putting a motor on the front. It is my cargo bike with a large rear basket. I am not building a battery rack but putting my batteries and heavy lock and chain in the front milk crate basket for weight distribution. It is the first time riding it today in almost two years. That bike is a monster. It was a real pain in the ass hauling that up and down those stairs.

I got it running with a variable controller with the built in pot. I worked on it about an hour and a half before going to Wall-Mart to get a new vacuum cleaner. The only changes I am making on it is to put lower handle bars on it. It was a real pain in the balls to get that thing in that mini van when I got back. It took about a half an hour and ripped up my ceiling. It would not go in the back so had to move stuff around to get it in the side door.

The Haro V3 is getting the 48V 1,800W brushless motor at 60V - 2,250W and 43 mph gearing. :twisted:

The Giant Roam is getting the 500W geared e bikeling front 700c hub motor. It has a 26" rear e bikeling hub motor on the back. I am taking the front motor off Easy Street for the front of the Giant Roam. Easy street will eventually get a 1,500W rear hub motor kit. It will run off of the same 60V batteries I will be ordering for the Haro V3 and will be four - 4S hard shell LiPos.

Then there is the 26" Dual suspension which is getting the 1,000W front hub motor on the rear. I ran out of DC breakers and had to go to Auto zone and get another cheap switch and an 80 amp fuse. I need to order 6 DC breakers for the Currie , The 26" dual suspension , the Giant Roam , the Haro V3 and Easy Street. That is 6 total as I want at least one spare.

Even though I am giving two e bikes away I will end up with 6 e bikes by next spring or summer. four hub motors and two chain drive e bikes. :mrgreen:

I have been very busy sorting stuff out and getting rid of stuff I don't need. I have basically performed a miracle bringing a 10 by 10 storage unit in to an approx. 400 square foot attic apartment. I am glad it is finally over and have plenty of room for living space for two people. It was not easy.

Thanks.

LC. out.

PS. Checking out some cool RC motors.
download (9).png
download (9).png (164.09 KiB) Viewed 182 times
50 mph ?

60 mph ?

Do I hear 70 ?

Going once. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

I am thinking about building another 20" dual motor bike. Not sure if I should get two 1500W brushless motors or go with 2 lighter RC - 80KV outrunner motors. That 20" dual motor bike is very heavy. Not sure why more people are not using the lightweight RC motors. 1,8000 watts is 24 horsepower. One on the front and one on the back would be 48 horsepower. The FX-75-5 motor is 60 horsepower right ? However it weighs about 60 pounds. Two light weight RC outrunner motors probably only weigh 15 to 20 pounds right ?
download (10).png
download (10).png (157.89 KiB) Viewed 178 times
A little over 13 pounds and close to the FX - 75 - 5 motor which is 45 kilowatts I think.

Please let me know. My e bike workshop is in full operation. I am looking to go at least 50 mph by summer time.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Oct 09 2020 2:37pm

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. 45 mph. :twisted:

I just got off the phone with John. The future owner of the Schwinn. He has a 3 wheel bicycle. He wants the two motors off the 20" dual motor bike. But not the bike. :D :D :D

I think I will go ahead and order two brush less motors for around 45 mph gearing at 36V. If I order a 7P 20 Ah 36V pack and parallel them with the newer packs I have I will have at least 15P. That should work for around 2,400W. :twisted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60V-DC-Brushle ... SwI49etrLj
download.png
download.png (102.96 KiB) Viewed 167 times
download (1).png
download (1).png (24.73 KiB) Viewed 164 times
download (2).png
download (2).png (44.44 KiB) Viewed 164 times
download (3).png
download (3).png (27.86 KiB) Viewed 164 times
4,250 / 60 * 36 = 2,550.

2,000 / 60 * 36 = 1,200 * 2 = 2,400W.

https://www.ebay.com/i/164116237960?chn ... eIQAvD_BwE
download (4).png
download (4).png (227.13 KiB) Viewed 159 times
72V * 40 amps = 2,880W.

A 1,500W 36V controller is hard to find so will be using a single 72V controller and wiring the motors in series for 72V. A single thumb throttle plus a crash helmet will be required. :lol:

I will be taking the old brushed Unite motors off today or tomorrow. I still need to put money on my card. I found better DC breakers on e bay and need to order about 8 of them now.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Oct 09 2020 3:22pm

https://prnt.sc/uwdvit
download (5).png
download (5).png (118.07 KiB) Viewed 154 times
download (7).png
download (7).png (27.11 KiB) Viewed 152 times
download (8).png
download (8).png (30.09 KiB) Viewed 151 times
3,000 rpm / 48 * 36 = 2,250

1,800W / 48 * 36 = 1,350W

That would save me a ton of money and can look for a second 1,800W motor exactly like the one on the back for the front later on.
download (9).png
download (9).png (27.21 KiB) Viewed 148 times
I would not need 60V either. When I add a second 1,800W motor to the front and a second 44T - 8mm wheel sprocket and go with 48V batteries instead of 60V I will have a whopping 3,600W with 44 mph gearing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I may want to add a life insurance policy. Mable Liberty mutual has a good deal on that.

Thanks.

LC. out.

10/10/20

Yea. I thought about it and a second 1,800W motor is not required for 40 mph. It would be cheaper to go with 16S LiPo. four 4S hard shells. Also a rag tag spoke sprocket is only good for about 1 horse power or 750W. 1,000W is pushing the limit I think and could warp the wheel. Therefore I need to have a dual drive hub installed in the rear wheel before ordering anything else.

Please post when you can.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis   1 GW

1 GW

Post by latecurtis » Oct 10 2020 5:51pm

As the Hub Motor Turns and the Lipo Fire Burns. 34 mph. , 43 mph. and 60 mph.

First of all my greatest failures installing chain drive motors are using steel flat bar or any type of metal bracket. If I were to ask most e bike builders what is better for mounting motors to bicycle frames steel or wood , the answer would be steel and that answer would be wrong and I can prove it.

Second of all I have finally figured out which bikes will be going 34 , 43 and 60 mph respectively. Here is the list.

1.) The Haro V3 with 14" wheels and the 1,800W brushless motor @ 36V and 1,350W. Gearing is for 34 mph.

2,) The 20" dual motor bike with dual 2,000W - 60V motors @ 36V and 2,400W. Gearing is for 43 mph.

3.) Easy street , the 700c Giant Cypress Hybrid with Hubzilla , The Cro motor @ 72V and 60 mph.

I will be posting pictures proving why wood is better than steel for mounting motors.

Thanks.

LC. out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxZhYvldvY
Attachments
download (7).png
download (7).png (27.11 KiB) Viewed 95 times
download (8).png
download (8).png (30.09 KiB) Viewed 95 times
download (9).png
download (9).png (27.21 KiB) Viewed 95 times
download.png
download.png (102.96 KiB) Viewed 95 times
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg (392.8 KiB) Viewed 95 times
IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg (193.76 KiB) Viewed 95 times
IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg (263.24 KiB) Viewed 95 times
IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0278.jpg (279.39 KiB) Viewed 95 times
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg (273.04 KiB) Viewed 95 times
IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0281.jpg (206.2 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Last edited by latecurtis on Oct 11 2020 1:21am, edited 1 time in total.

Balmorhea   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Balmorhea » Oct 11 2020 1:16am

latecurtis wrote:
Oct 10 2020 5:51pm
I will be posting pictures proving why wood is better than steel for mounting motors.
I don't believe that's what you will prove, but I'm interested to see what you got anyway.