Speedict neptune lite

I don't have a lot of room in my batterycase but 10mm would probably work.
It's 13mm thick!!!! Doesn't fit. Why would you lie about that?
Some customers contacted you before about the wrong dimensions and you admitted it was incorrect but you still didn't change it on your page? False advertising!

sorry about that, you can send it back for full refund.

Danny

Amp ratings? Almost no info on your webpage. In the user guide it says "DISCHARGE CURRENT RANGE 0 - 59.00A"
So I expect it to handle 50A. It comes with tiny 14AWG wires which are only rated to 15A.
So the 15 in "NEPTUNE 15" is the Amp rating? False advertising!

Don't need to worry the AWG / wire gauge of Neptune 15, when compare to MOSFET's internal resistance, the wire gauge or wire's resistance can be ignored, most people concern improper use of wire gauge with high current can cause heat and even fire, on Neptune 15 the heat of wire can be dissipated via its heat sink. and the quality of silicon wire is fire-proof e.g. you can use lighter to burn and live monitor the FET Temperature value via Android client and see the max. temperature transfer with heat sink.

Danny

Hi, I have a Neptune 15 and was wanting to connect a 12V flashing red LED rear so that it switches on with the power switch.

Does the Neptune BMS switch the negative terminal to the battery?

If so I’ll run the LED +ve to the 3rd series battery and the LED -ve to the Neptune -ve output.

Any issues with this? Thanks

electric_nz said:
Does the Neptune BMS switch the negative terminal to the battery?

no, Neptune's power switch is used to shutdown the power-supply, one side is GROUND and other side is its Voltage regulator.

electric_nz said:
If so I’ll run the LED +ve to the 3rd series battery and the LED -ve to the Neptune -ve output.

then the LED will stay ON whenever you switch ON / OFF Neptune.

Danny

For my 20c I'd say just get yourself a little 12v buck converter. Current requirements would be super minimal for a light and maybe a few accessories. Probably the easiest way around it all. Then you can just run it straight from the main wiring harness, no need to tap into the BMS etc.

I have just wired up my Neptune 20, following the diagram in the manual. But, when I log into my app, it displays each cell as 0V, despite them all being ~3.7V when measured manually. What am I doing wrong?! I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like in the app.

Thanks!

ATTACH]

4r3st3r said:
I have just wired up my Neptune 20, following the diagram in the manual. But, when I log into my app, it displays each cell as 0V, despite them all being ~3.7V when measured manually. What am I doing wrong?! I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like in the app.

Thanks!

can you show your Neptune 20 include the balance plug ?

4r3st3r said:

Thanks!

try connect balance plug without main discharge wire and POWER reset system

speedict said:
why display only 14 cells (RED bar, even it's not shown) ?
Check OOPTION-> DEVICE -> CELL #
and make sure Android client is for Neptune 20

I am using it in a 14S system, so I have changed the cell number to 14.
I have tried with Neptune 20 and Neptune 20 Lite clients, and neither displays the bars.
speedict said:
try connect balance plug without main discharge wire and POWER reset system

What does this mean? Which is the balance plug? How do I POWER reset the system?
speedict said:
can you show your Neptune 20 include the balance plug ?
Here is a photo of the battery pack with the wiring connected. I am using a 20->14 convertor supplied by you.

Thank you for your help! I am sure it is something I am doing wrong!

ATTACH]

4r3st3r said:
What does this mean? Which is the balance plug? How do I POWER reset the system?

i mean connect the 2 x 11 pins balance plug / connector to Neptune 20 first, and then power off the Neptune 20 and power on again, you should see 4 LEDs either stay ON or flashing, 1 x GREEN, 1 x RED and 2 x BLUE LEDs.

how's the 4 LEDs status ?

Regards,

Danny

speedict said:
4r3st3r said:

i mean connect the 2 x 11 pins balance plug / connector to Neptune 20 first, and then power off the Neptune 20 and power on again, you should see 4 LEDs either stay ON or flashing, 1 x GREEN, 1 x RED and 2 x BLUE LEDs.

how's the 4 LEDs status ?

How do I power it off/on? The button you provided does not seem to do very much? But I think that is only for stopping / starting discharge maybe?

The LEDs are as so:
Blue: ON
Blue: ON
Red: Flashing every second
Green: ON when connected to app

4r3st3r said:
How do I power it off/on? The button you provided does not seem to do very much? But I think that is only for stopping / starting discharge maybe?

did you connect the POWER SWITCH ?
power switch is for turn on and off Neptune 20 or use to reset the system

if you can see 4 LEDs either flashing or stay ON that's mean hardware look normal.

can you show me your OPTION -> DEVICE page setting ?

regards,

Danny

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 12.04.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 12.04.48 AM.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,392
speedict said:
4r3st3r said:

did you connect the POWER SWITCH ?
power switch is for turn on and off Neptune 20 or use to reset the system

if you can see 4 LEDs either flashing or stay ON that's mean hardware look normal.

can you show me your OPTION -> DEVICE page setting ?

regards,

Danny

Hi Danny,

I have got it to work now, I disconnected the button and then unplugged and replugged everything else and now the bars are displaying on the app, so perhaps the button is faulty? It doesn't matter as I don't intend to use it anyway?
Thanks so much for all your help!

4r3st3r said:
Hi Danny,

I have got it to work now, I disconnected the button and then unplugged and replugged everything else and now the bars are displaying on the app, so perhaps the button is faulty? It doesn't matter as I don't intend to use it anyway?
Thanks so much for all your help!

excellent !

not because of the button, it's plug into wrong port with our wrong diagram, tomorrow we will upload the correct version, sorry about this.

regards,

Danny

So i just got email after 2 years the Netptune 20S is ready,

what are the real benifets im currently using a ANT BMS and i know somepeople say there crap but after 2 years not one cell is out and it runs perfect.

Only reason i can see to upgrade would be size of the unit.

Tell me some cool features please

Regards
Peter W

cheeko said:
So i just got email after 2 years the Netptune 20S is ready,

what are the real benifets im currently using a ANT BMS and i know somepeople say there crap but after 2 years not one cell is out and it runs perfect.

Only reason i can see to upgrade would be size of the unit.

Tell me some cool features please

Regards
Peter W

Sorry we don't know about ANT BMS's features and we believe features can be enhance via both software and firmware upgrade.
Most of our efforts were spent on hardware design such as size, hardware feature such as power take from top (highest) cell not other e.g. cell #3 to prevent long-term cell imbalance (I am not sure other BMS also take power from highest cell).

regards,

Danny

:bigthumb: it's christmas :bigthumb:

day before christmas Neptunes (15 & 20) were delivered - I can't believe it :D
pack.JPG

wow, looking so awesome. new design looks really stealthy and cool. both Neptunes (15 & 20) have now 12AWG so I don't have to solder my own wires anymore (old versions had only 14AWG original). heat sink looks very different and no srews anymore that protrude - i like details. it is a pity that the BMS will be hidden in my batteries :lol:

If there would be a beauty contest for BMS Neptune would win ! at any category ! and of course against the ANT BMS :lol:

Neptune 20:
Neptune_20_1.JPG

Neptune_20_2.JPG

Neptune 15:
Neptune_15_1.JPG

Neptune_15_2.JPG

thank you Danny !!! & a wonderful christmas to all of you guys...

speedict said:
Amp ratings? Almost no info on your webpage. In the user guide it says "DISCHARGE CURRENT RANGE 0 - 59.00A"
So I expect it to handle 50A. It comes with tiny 14AWG wires which are only rated to 15A.
So the 15 in "NEPTUNE 15" is the Amp rating? False advertising!

Don't need to worry the AWG / wire gauge of Neptune 15, when compare to MOSFET's internal resistance, the wire gauge or wire's resistance can be ignored, most people concern improper use of wire gauge with high current can cause heat and even fire, on Neptune 15 the heat of wire can be dissipated via its heat sink. and the quality of silicon wire is fire-proof e.g. you can use lighter to burn and live monitor the FET Temperature value via Android client and see the max. temperature transfer with heat sink.

Danny

If the wires are short, yes, it doesn't add much resistance, but i would not say that it can be ignored since it means that all other parts will heat up more and connectors could overheat and unsolder.
14AWG is definitely to small for a 60A rating and it was right and necessary to use 12AWG :thumb:

It looks like Pos (+) and Neg (-) wires are going to the BMS and away from it. Is the Pos (+) wire necesssary for the BMS to work, or can it be baypassed (as with standard BMS)?
If i order more than one BMS, would i have to order also the firmware for each?
Will there be support for iOS in future?

madin88 said:
If the wires are short, yes, it doesn't add much resistance, but i would not say that it can be ignored since it means that all other parts will heat up more and connectors could overheat and unsolder.
14AWG is definitely to small for a 60A rating and it was right and necessary to use 12AWG :thumb:

you can compare with speed controller 3 phase wire's gauge#, motor 3 phase gauge#, it should use 12 AWG for 100A as well right ?
if connectors is overheated and melt solder down (~130C) then the speed controller's switching MOSFETs should already been damaged, or the bad contact of connector caused.
we did experiment by using lighter to burn the wire for 1 minute and live view its temperature as the result just raised around ~3C degree
anyway we already upgraded AWG12 on both NEPTUNE 20 and 15 for customer feel comfortable, for NEPTUNE 10 we still use AWG14 without any issues for skateboard application.

madin88 said:
It looks like Pos (+) and Neg (-) wires are going to the BMS and away from it. Is the Pos (+) wire necesssary for the BMS to work, or can it be baypassed (as with standard BMS)?
If i order more than one BMS, would i have to order also the firmware for each?

the POS(+) internally connected to Neg(-) with TVS_Diode, it can be bypassed, but why bypass ?
each NEPTUNE purchase must include 1 x HW and 1 x FW, the reason we split into FW and HW is because of import tax declare on shipping invoice.

madin88 said:
no schedule yet.

regards,

Danny

speedict said:
you can compare with speed controller 3 phase wire's gauge#, motor 3 phase gauge#, it should use 12 AWG for 100A as well right ?
if connectors is overheated and melt solder down (~130C) then the speed controller's switching MOSFETs should already been damaged, or the bad contact of connector caused.
Yes how true! would say it only works because for the most part these cables are located outside of the frame and have enough airflow.
The problems are the connectors. If an ebike battery has been installed 100x it's contacts might wear out and the resistance increases, and big wires help to keep them cool and usable instead of adding additional heat :wink:
the POS(+) internally connected to Neg(-) with TVS_Diode, it can be bypassed, but why bypass ?
Ok thanks for the infos. Because it would make assembly of ebike batteries easier.

Back